DS All-Star Keeper League Bylaws

Official rules, draft results, and discussion for the Draft Sharks Keeper League.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

DS All-Star Keeper League Bylaws

Postby mcghee3 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:22 pm

1 - League Organization

The DS All-Star Keeper League will be governed by the Commissioners, Wally82 and Assistant Commissioner mcghee3 (Scott)
The league will be hosted on myfantasyleague.com: http://www27.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/59385#0

2 - League Finances
For the inaugural season:
The league entry fee is $25.00 per year. All finances will be handled via http://www.leaguesafe.com.

Payouts:
1st Place: $225.00
2nd Place: $75.00

All subsequent seasons:
Entry fee: $30.00

1st Place: $225.00
2nd Place: $75.00
Cost of League (mfl.com): $60.00

3 - Teams

The league will consist of 12 teams which will be placed in 4 divisions. Division allignment will be based on draft order.
Division 1: Picks 1-5-9
Division 2: Picks 2-6-10
Division 3: Picks 3-7-11
Division 4: Picks 4-8-12

4 - Rosters/Keepers

The in season roster limit is 20 players. Teams may keep any number of players upto a maximum of 5. The first year a player is kept, the owner will lose the same round draft pick he was originally drafted in. Each subsequent year, the owner will lose a draft pick 2 rounds higher (for example: player A is drafted in the 5th round. 1st year as keeper owner loses round 5 pick. 2nd year round 3 and 3rd year round 1). Once the player reaches a 1st or 2nd round status, he may no longer be ruled a keeper the following season. Keepers must declared on our league forum (a thread will be opened by the commissioners) no later than 1 week prior to that years draft. If an owner retains a keeper that was acquired off of the WW, that owner will forfeit a 10th round pick in the next years draft. The player would then follow normal keeper rules (loss of an 8th round pick in the 2nd year as a keeper). If an owner retain a 2nd keeper from a WW acquisition, he would forfeit a 9th round pick. 3rd keeper = 8th round pick, etc. It is up to the owner to designate which player is associated with the pick being forfeited in the keeper thread.

5 - Scoring/Lineup

Starting line ups:
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR), K, D - 10 total

Passing yards: 1/25
Passing TD’s: 4
Interceptions: -2
Rushing yards: 1/10
Rushing TD’s: 6
Receptions: 1
Receiving yards: 1/10
Receiving TD’s: 6
2 point conversions: 2
Fumbles lost: -2
Offensive fumble return TD: 6
FG’s 0-49 yards: 3
FG’s 50+ yards: 5
PAT: 1

Defense / Special Teams
Sacks:1 point
Interceptions:2 points
Fumbles Recovered:2 points
Safeties:2 points
Touchdowns:6 points
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns:6 points
Points Allowed 0:10 points
Points Allowed 1-6:7 points
Points Allowed 7-13:4 points
Points Allowed 14-20:1 point
Points Allowed 21-27:0 points
Points Allowed 28-34:-1 point
Points Allowed 35+:-4 points

6 - Inaugural Draft

The inaugural draft will be conducted on our league forum and will consist of 20 rounds in a serpintine format. Each owner will have 12 hours to make their pick. The clock will begin to run at the time that the previous pick was posted. Each pick is time-stamped on the league forum page therefore each owner will be able to monitor how much time they have to make their selection. If an owner misses their pick, the succeeding owners will be able to proceed with their picks. An owner who misses their pick may return to make their pick at anytime. If an owner is unable to make their pick in a timely manner, a pm must be sent to one of the commissioners with a list of players ranked in order of preference.

The draft order will be determined by the Commissioners through http://www.draft-tracker.com/draftOrder2.cfm and will snake starting with round 2.

7 - Subsequent Drafts

Subsequent draft orders will be determined by the following methods.
Picks 1-6 will be determined through the Toilet Bowl Lottery Playoff (weeks 14-16). The 6 non-playoff teams will be entered with the two teams with the best record receiving a bye (1st tie-breaker = total points. 2nd tie-breaker = head to head). The winner of the Toilet Bowl Lottery Playoff may pick his draft position (1-6) first. The Runner up will pick second. The highest scoring losing semi-final team will pick third. The lowest scoring losing semi-finalist will pick fourth. The highest scoring losing wild card round team will pick fifth. The remaining draft position will be given to the lowest scoring losing wild card round team.

Picks 7-12 will be determined by their final playoff standings. Lowest scoring losing wild card team - 7th. The highest scoring losing wild card team 8th. Lowest scoring losing semi-finalist 9th. Highest scoring losing semi-finalist 10th. Runner up - 11th. League Champion will pick 12th. The draft will snake starting in round 2.

The lottery system is in an effort ensure owners continue to utilize optimum lineups even if out of playoff contention. If you do not make the playoffs, you have equal chance at any of the 1-6 picks.

8 - Playoffs

The playoffs will begin in week 14. The 4 division winners and 2 wild card teams will advance. The 2 Wild Card Teams will be comprised of the two teams with the highest VP's that did not win a division. Playoff seeding will be based on VP's only. Tie-breakers will be decided by Total Points 1st and Head to Head 2nd.

VP (Victory Points) are distributed in the following fashion:

1 Win = 2 VP's

1 Tie = 1 VP

1 Loss = 0 VP's

Top 4 Weekly Scoring = 2 VP's

Middle 4 Weekly Scoring = 1 VP

Bottom 4 Weekly Scoring = 0 VP's

9 - Trades

All trades will be approved by the Commissioners. Trades between the Commissioners may be put to a league vote upon request. There is no trading of draft picks. If a keeper is involved in a trade, they will not revert back to original draft position upon being traded. This is an effort to prevent massive sell off's as players come close to the end of their Keeper run. If there is a trade between the two Commissioner franchises, the trade will be put to a league vote.

10 - Free Agents/Waivers

After the conclusion of week 1, players may be claimed from the free agent pool or waivers until Week 16. The free-agent pool will be frozen going forward until the following season.

The initial waiver order will be the opposite order of the first round of the draft. Once a team has made a claim they will go to the back of the waiver order. This will occur each week as waivers are processed. The Waiver order will not reset each week. Players will be locked at the beginning of the first game of the week and will be processed on Wednesday each week.

13 - Abandoned/Forfeited Teams

Should an owner abandon their team or be unable to continue as owner, he will be replaced.
First preference will be given to regular members of the DS forums.
If a suitable replacement is not found, league members may nominate prospective owners that may or may not be members of the DS forum.
In order for the prospective owner to take on the team, he must become a member of the DS forum for league function purposes.

12 - Other

The Commissioners reserve the right to replace any owner deemed detrimental to the league for any reason and to make amendments to the league bylaws at any time if the leagues best interest is at stake. Any changes to league settings regarding scoring, line-ups, roster requirements, etc. would be subject to a league vote. An owner may propose a change to the commissioners during the off season. The change would then be put up for league vote. A majority vote (7) is required for passing any type of rule change. A tie in voting will be the same as a majority no vote.
Last edited by mcghee3 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 17 times in total.

tavo2311
Tiger Shark

Re: DS All-Star Keeper League Bylaws

Postby tavo2311 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:21 pm

These look good to me.
2016 Draft Sharks Keeper League (0-0)
QB:
RB:
WR:
TE:
DEF:

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:12 pm

tavo2311 wrote:These look good to me.

Changes made.
Changed 7. subsequent drafts from a randomizer to the lottery system that is showing now.
Changed 9. trades of keepers from keepers reverting back to original draft position upon trade to keeper status remains the same upon trade.

tavo2311
Tiger Shark

Postby tavo2311 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:18 pm

These also work fine. I like the twist of the resetting the keeper round on a trade, but can see how that could lead to some loopholes down the road.
QB:
RB:
WR:
TE:
DEF:

Gomer
Blue Shark

Postby Gomer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:51 pm

I see that it says no trading of draft picks. I thought we had originally talked about allowing it and that one of the advantages of doing a slow draft was to all pick trades.
All my great ideas, I've regretted most of them.

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Gomer wrote:I see that it says no trading of draft picks. I thought we had originally talked about allowing it and that one of the advantages of doing a slow draft was to all pick trades.

With it not being full dynasty and the fact that draft picks are lost due to keepers, there's no way to work it in.
I don't want to have for the inaugural draft but then not for subsequent drafts so the best way, imo is not to have it all.

earl714
Reef Shark

Postby earl714 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:50 pm

How about a playoff with the lower 6 teams to determine draft order. The winner of the consolation bracket gets first pick, runner up 2nd and so on. This will let people play longer.

tavo2311
Tiger Shark

Postby tavo2311 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:14 pm

earl714 wrote:How about a playoff with the lower 6 teams to determine draft order. The winner of the consolation bracket gets first pick, runner up 2nd and so on. This will let people play longer.

Love this idea, we use it currently in my keeper league. It lets the non playoff teams still care about the last month of the season. It also serves as a slight deterrent to lopsided trades late in the year. You still may have a team out of it trade great players for a keepable player, but now, only if that keepable player is better than the first couple going back in the pool the following season. If playing for the right to draft those guys the next year is still possible,
QB:
RB:
WR:
TE:
DEF:

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:22 pm

tavo2311 wrote:
earl714 wrote:How about a playoff with the lower 6 teams to determine draft order. The winner of the consolation bracket gets first pick, runner up 2nd and so on. This will let people play longer.

Love this idea, we use it currently in my keeper league. It lets the non playoff teams still care about the last month of the season. It also serves as a slight deterrent to lopsided trades late in the year. You still may have a team out of it trade great players for a keepable player, but now, only if that keepable player is better than the first couple going back in the pool the following season. If playing for the right to draft those guys the next year is still possible,

At this point, I'm gonna say any changes like this would need to go up for league vote.
If you want to post a poll, that's cool.
Just post a topic with a poll and let the league decide, if you guys are ok with that.
I will add to it that I'd rather not have it that the winner gets the #1 but gets to choose their draft slot. There's going to be more strategy involved in this with the loss of draft picks. Just my $.02

I'd say we need to have any changes hammered out by the time we start drafting.
I'll have Jared lock this thread once the draft begins as well.
Once the draft starts, all changes will have to wait till the off-season.

tavo2311
Tiger Shark

Postby tavo2311 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:50 pm

mcghee3 wrote:
tavo2311 wrote:

At this point, I'm gonna say any changes like this would need to go up for league vote.
If you want to post a poll, that's cool.
Just post a topic with a poll and let the league decide, if you guys are ok with that.
I will add to it that I'd rather not have it that the winner gets the #1 but gets to choose their draft slot. There's going to be more strategy involved in this with the loss of draft picks. Just my $.02

I'd say we need to have any changes hammered out by the time we start drafting.
I'll have Jared lock this thread once the draft begins as well.
Once the draft starts, all changes will have to wait till the off-season.

I'll clarify that I also agree to picking your draft slot, and that is the system we use in previously mentioned keeper league. Consolation bracket winner gets 1st choice of slots, consolation runner-up, etc..., all the way up through the playoff teams. I will post a poll on the subject.
QB:
RB:
WR:
TE:
DEF:

earl714
Reef Shark

Postby earl714 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:23 pm

I will also clarify, Winner get to pick their slot.

Dom1964
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Dom1964 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:01 am

scoring question....

2 pt conversion via pass... 2 pt each for passer and receiver? or 1 point each?
the opinion expressed above is for entertainment purposes only and is in no way meant to imply that I know what the Hell I am talking about!

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:09 am

Dom1964 wrote:scoring question....

2 pt conversion via pass... 2 pt each for passer and receiver? or 1 point each?

2pts or each

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Postby docjr03 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:57 am

I'm good with everything, paid in full, and ready to go (I think...)!

Okay, just saw that I have first pick. Two things- 1) I'll make it before Saturday if you want to start early and 2) If I read the bylaws correctly, we cannot keep 1st or 2nd round draft picks?
12 team, .75PPR, 1pp10 yd ru, 1pp 8yd rec
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 RB Foster, Gio, R. Bush, Hyde, Blue
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 TE Rudolph, D. Allen, Cameron
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey
Def: streaming

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:13 pm

docjr03 wrote:I'm good with everything, paid in full, and ready to go (I think...)!

Okay, just saw that I have first pick. Two things- 1) I'll make it before Saturday if you want to start early and 2) If I read the bylaws correctly, we cannot keep 1st or 2nd round draft picks?

You can keep them for one year.
You lose that same round pick the 1st year as a keeper. 2 rounds higher for year 2.

Hold off on drafting until everyone chimes in on the bylaws.

Return to “Draft Sharks Keeper League”