DS All-Star Keeper League Bylaws

Official rules, draft results, and discussion for the Draft Sharks Keeper League.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Re: DS All-Star Keeper League Bylaws

Postby docjr03 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:32 pm

cool. send me a pm or email when you want me to start... thanks again!
12 team, .75PPR, 1pp10 yd ru, 1pp 8yd rec
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 RB Foster, Gio, R. Bush, Hyde, Blue
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 TE Rudolph, D. Allen, Cameron
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey
Def: streaming

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Damn. I have tried 3 times to post a response to this thread and every time I hit preview it tells me to log in again. :evil:

Anyway, here goes again.

I like the idea of the bottom 6 having a playoff to get to choose their draft slot the following year.

Question on WW pickups – do they take the draft slot of the guy dropped or become a 20th round keeper? I suggest former, but if later, you should be able to have multiple WW keepers stacked from the back of the draft (R 20, R 19, etc.).

I would like to keep the WW open during the playoffs. Otherwise you will be forced to keep 2 kickers in case your guy pulls a Gramattica. :D

Above are just nits. I am good with it the way it is if too late to change. I will pay up today.
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), A Luck (14)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) C Carson (13) A Kamara (16) J Allen (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) Ty Williams (8) J Maclin (9) C Coleman (10)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:06 pm

Hornsfan78 wrote:Damn. I have tried 3 times to post a response to this thread and every time I hit preview it tells me to log in again. :evil:

Anyway, here goes again.

I like the idea of the bottom 6 having a playoff to get to choose their draft slot the following year.

Question on WW pickups – do they take the draft slot of the guy dropped or become a 20th round keeper? I suggest former, but if later, you should be able to have multiple WW keepers stacked from the back of the draft (R 20, R 19, etc.).

I would like to keep the WW open during the playoffs. Otherwise you will be forced to keep 2 kickers in case your guy pulls a Gramattica. :D

Above are just nits. I am good with it the way it is if too late to change. I will pay up today.

Yeah - I think we should leave the WW open - that was an oversight on my part. I didn't change it after installing the lottery since all will be playing for something.

I think a WW pick up should cost a 10th rounder (regardless if he was originally drafted or not). If he's that good that he's off the WW and you wanna keep him (Austin '09) a 10th rounder is a small price to pay. If there are multiple WW Keepers, you go up a round. I.e. 2nd keeper = 9th round. 3rd = 8th. It's up to the owner to designate which keeper is which round. Forgot to add that.

As for the playoff, I told the guys yesterday to throw up a poll but no one has.
I'm good either way. I bounced the lottery idea off of Jared yesterday and he was down with it.
Looks like you guys are up to 4 in favor of the playoff.
No one else has really said anything on it.
I think for the betterment of the league I'll install the Toilet Bowl Lottery Playoff (will run just like playoffs with byes, etc).
Now we can be sure everyone will be putting out there optimum lineup (which was the purpose of the lottery in the first place).
If there are any objections to these changes, speak now or forever STFU :D

Goddamn commishing blows.......... :lol:

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Postby docjr03 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:28 pm

I like the ww changes and the toilet bowl playoff. I will go with commissioner or majority choices on any other issues...it's a $25 dollar league, I don't mind if it takes a year to figure things out.
I also wouldn't mind chipping in to cover McGhee's entry fee as a thank-you gift for commishing... you guys agree?
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey

tavo2311
Tiger Shark

Postby tavo2311 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:33 pm

docjr03 wrote:I like the ww changes and the toilet bowl playoff. I will go with commissioner or majority choices on any other issues...it's a $25 dollar league, I don't mind if it takes a year to figure things out.
I also wouldn't mind chipping in to cover McGhee's entry fee as a thank-you gift for commishing... you guys agree?

another couple bucks from each owner sounds fine to me. I have/do, commished keeper leagues before and it's not the most fun thing ever! i'd be down if everyone else is.
2016 Draft Sharks Keeper League (0-0)
QB:
RB:
WR:
TE:
DEF:

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:35 pm

docjr03 wrote:I like the ww changes and the toilet bowl playoff. I will go with commissioner or majority choices on any other issues...it's a $25 dollar league, I don't mind if it takes a year to figure things out.

appreciated but not necessary.
I don't mind doing it.
I just like to bitch and whine like 'petulant teenager' as my wife likes to say.
I'm slow at work today too..... :lol:

Being on the message board is a bit of a pain.
I'm definitely thinking about moving the league to myfantasyleague.com next season.
Probably add $5 to the league fee ($69.99 for the season) and it'll run the draft with the 12 hour timer and everything.
Rosters/Keepers carry over. It's a breeze.
That's for next year though.

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:41 pm

I am gonna lay this down though.

I'm setting a deadline of 10am est tomorrow (8/20) for anyone to bring up any more changes that they like.
If there are no more - I'll ask Jared to lock and sticky the thread and we can start the draft.
It will start with no timer just until everyone has a chance to realize it's starting.
Timer will start at 12 noon. Meaning if it's up to like the 5th pick, he'll have until midnight to make the pick (but don't wait that long though Image)
Hate to make you guys wait another day but I just want to make certain everyone has a chance to review and discuss.

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Postby docjr03 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:51 pm

slow day for me at work, too. I offered the gift exactly because you didn't ask...if you had, I would have purposefully been a royal pain in the ass :P

Seriously, a couple extra bucks from each guy is easily worth it for a commish that truly puts in a valuable effort, IMHO
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:03 pm

docjr03 wrote:slow day for me at work, too. I offered the gift exactly because you didn't ask...if you had, I would have purposefully been a royal pain in the ass :P

Seriously, a couple extra bucks from each guy is easily worth it for a commish that truly puts in a valuable effort, IMHO

I appreciate it but it's no big deal. I've been in fantasy mode since April.
Just another reason to be on the boards :)

BTW - I posted the changes to the bylaws. If everybody wants to read them over.
Additionally - I put the start times for the draft in the draft discussion thread but it's the same as my last post.

Let's get this thing started Image

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:14 pm

mcghee3 wrote:
Yeah - I think we should leave the WW open - that was an oversight on my part. I didn't change it after installing the lottery since all will be playing for something.

I think a WW pick up should cost a 10th rounder (regardless if he was originally drafted or not). If he's that good that he's off the WW and you wanna keep him (Austin '09) a 10th rounder is a small price to pay. If there are multiple WW Keepers, you go up a round. I.e. 2nd keeper = 9th round. 3rd = 8th. It's up to the owner to designate which keeper is which round. Forgot to add that.

As for the playoff, I told the guys yesterday to throw up a poll but no one has.
I'm good either way. I bounced the lottery idea off of Jared yesterday and he was down with it.
Looks like you guys are up to 4 in favor of the playoff.
No one else has really said anything on it.
I think for the betterment of the league I'll install the Toilet Bowl Lottery Playoff (will run just like playoffs with byes, etc).
Now we can be sure everyone will be putting out there optimum lineup (which was the purpose of the lottery in the first place).
If there are any objections to these changes, speak now or forever STFU :D

Goddamn commishing blows.......... :lol:

Looks Good, but I didn't see the change to the WW staying open through the playoffs...

I'm Ready!!
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), A Luck (14)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) C Carson (13) A Kamara (16) J Allen (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) Ty Williams (8) J Maclin (9) C Coleman (10)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Hornsfan78 wrote:Looks Good, but I didn't see the change to the WW staying open through the playoffs...

I'm Ready!!

Fixed

Wally82
Great White

Postby Wally82 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:01 am

I'd just like to say, that McGhee should really be the commish with the work he's putting into all of this. I feel like a hack, and am just really glad to be a part of all of this.
---
-'Cowboys-

Gomer
Blue Shark

Postby Gomer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:31 pm

Do we need to add anything in the bylaw that addresses what happens to a team if it's abandoned?
All my great ideas, I've regretted most of them.

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Gomer wrote:Do we need to add anything in the bylaw that addresses what happens to a team if it's abandoned?

good catch - I'll put something in there right now.

tavo2311
Tiger Shark

Postby tavo2311 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:58 pm

Here is what my league uses. It is very vague, but over 6 years and unfortunately some owner turnover, we've never had a problem yet.

• In the case of an owner leaving the league, we will attempt to find an owner to take the franchise as is. If that is not possible, the league will vote on other options at that time. In the case of multiple owners league the league in the same season, we will attempt to find multiple owners to join. Once we do, we will randomly assign the teams to the new owners. If that is not possible, the league will vote on other options at that time.
2016 Draft Sharks Keeper League (0-0)
QB:
RB:
WR:
TE:
DEF:

Return to “Draft Sharks Keeper League”