DS All-Star Keeper League Bylaws

Official rules, draft results, and discussion for the Draft Sharks Keeper League.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Re: DS All-Star Keeper League Bylaws

Postby mcghee3 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:58 pm

mcghee3 wrote:
Gomer wrote:Do we need to add anything in the bylaw that addresses what happens to a team if it's abandoned?

good catch - I'll put something in there right now.

Done.

Gomer
Blue Shark

Postby Gomer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:18 pm

One more thought...what about changes to the bylaws? I know that it says the commissioners can make a change that's in the best interest for the league if it's needed. I'm assuming that means during the season there's an oversight to the rules that needs to be adjusted you guys have the power to do that. I'm cool with that. My question is about major rule changes to the league. For example let's say before next season starts we want to add IDP. Would a major change like that require a league vote? If so, what percentage of the owners have to approve of the change?
All my great ideas, I've regretted most of them.

tavo2311
Tiger Shark

Postby tavo2311 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Gomer wrote:One more thought...what about changes to the bylaws? I know that it says the commissioners can make a change that's in the best interest for the league if it's needed. I'm assuming that means during the season there's an oversight to the rules that needs to be adjusted you guys have the power to do that. I'm cool with that. My question is about major rule changes to the league. For example let's say before next season starts we want to add IDP. Would a major change like that require a league vote? If so, what percentage of the owners have to approve of the change?

How about voted on by the league, requires 9 of the 12 owners' votes, and must be voted in by keeper declaration date to be instituted for that coming season?

*Edit - I would add that in the case of any new owners, they do NOT get a vote, and it drops to 8 of 11 returning voters, etc... But thats just nitpicking.
2016 Draft Sharks Keeper League (0-0)
QB:
RB:
WR:
TE:
DEF:

Gomer
Blue Shark

Postby Gomer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:25 pm

mcghee3 wrote:
mcghee3 wrote:
Gomer wrote:Do we need to add anything in the bylaw that addresses what happens to a team if it's abandoned?

good catch - I'll put something in there right now.

Done.

Do we need to add anything that addresses who takes over control of the team if it happens during the season and what happens to the players on the team?

Maybe add something like...the commissioners will take over any team abandoned during the season and run that the team until the season concludes. Then during the off season a replacement will be found and they will take over that roster.

Sorry to be such a pest over this but I've been in a keeper league and a team has been abandoned. That team was then dumped and a couple of the teams snagged some of the better players off of the team.
All my great ideas, I've regretted most of them.

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:50 pm

Gomer wrote:One more thought...what about changes to the bylaws? I know that it says the commissioners can make a change that's in the best interest for the league if it's needed. I'm assuming that means during the season there's an oversight to the rules that needs to be adjusted you guys have the power to do that. I'm cool with that. My question is about major rule changes to the league. For example let's say before next season starts we want to add IDP. Would a major change like that require a league vote? If so, what percentage of the owners have to approve of the change?

Any major changes (scoring/lineups/IDP, etc). would go up for a vote.
Most my leagues go majority so 7 either way locks it up.

I added that to the last part of the bylaws.
I'm good with how they are now.
If everyone else is, I'll have Jared lock this thread.

Wally82
Great White

Postby Wally82 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:22 am

I'm cool. Lets do it!
---
-'Cowboys-

lawmann
Rookie

Postby lawmann » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:03 pm

I would like to join but am not sure how. Is it still possible to join and are there any openings?

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:46 pm

lawmann wrote:I would like to join but am not sure how. Is it still possible to join and are there any openings?

No openings at the moment. Check back next year.
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), A Luck (14)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) C Carson (13) A Kamara (16) J Allen (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) Ty Williams (8) J Maclin (9) C Coleman (10)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

homer
DRAFT SHARK

Postby homer » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:53 am

Getting in here is like getting Packers Season Tickets, somebody has to die, lol.

Return to “Draft Sharks Keeper League”