Away/Vacation Thread

Official rules, draft results, and discussion for the Draft Sharks Keeper League.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Away/Vacation Thread

Postby mcghee3 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Anyone with plans post here.

I'll be away Aug 28th - Sept 5th.
I'll have internet access via laptop and my phone as well.
Email's go right to my phone if anyone needs to reach me while I'm away.

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Away/Vacation Thread

Postby docjr03 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:56 pm

I'll be gone September 11-18th but will have internet. I will also be without internet next saturday, so if we're still going, I'll PM Mcghee with a wish list (although I always like kickers :wink: )
12 team, .75PPR, 1pp10 yd ru, 1pp 8yd rec
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 RB Foster, Gio, R. Bush, Hyde, Blue
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 TE Rudolph, D. Allen, Cameron
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey
Def: streaming

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:24 pm

docjr03 wrote:I'll be gone September 11-18th but will have internet. I will also be without internet next saturday, so if we're still going, I'll PM Mcghee with a wish list (although I always like kickers :wink: )

I'll MIA on Saturday too.
12 hour drive to Myrtle Beach :D

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Postby docjr03 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:33 pm

mcghee3 wrote:
docjr03 wrote:I'll be gone September 11-18th but will have internet. I will also be without internet next saturday, so if we're still going, I'll PM Mcghee with a wish list (although I always like kickers :wink: )

Heading to Smith Mountain Lake saturday 28th for primary league draft. the week in september i'll be in sandbridge, VA- but I have wireless and basic cable there. How come you're not heading to the shore instead of all the way down to Myrtle- golf thing or something?
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:10 pm

docjr03 wrote:
mcghee3 wrote:

Heading to Smith Mountain Lake saturday 28th for primary league draft. the week in september i'll be in sandbridge, VA- but I have wireless and basic cable there. How come you're not heading to the shore instead of all the way down to Myrtle- golf thing or something?

meh - been in NJ my whole life. Kinda sick of the Jersey Shore.
Plus if we get a shore house, then everyone in my family within 2 hrs would show up at some point during the week.
This way it's the wife and kids and we can just be away.
On top of that, they're back in school down there so the beach is just about empty and a 3 bedroom condo on the beach was only $600 for the week.
I'll drive the 12 hrs for less people and probably $500-$800 in savings. Let's me join more leagues :D

Never been to Smith Mountain Lake.
Is it touristy or pretty laid back? We stay in North Myrtle which is a little more on the quiet side.

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Postby docjr03 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Never been to Smith Mountain Lake, myself. One of the guys in the league just bought a foreclosure there, so he is hosting the draft to show off.

If you really like quiet, you should check out Sandbridge in VA beach. Very family oriented- you can leave a tent on the beach all week and no one will mess with it. If someone sits within 25 yds off you, they get dirty looks 'cause the beach is so uncrowded. Plus, the VA Beach boardwalk is only 20 min away, good for a fun night with the kids.

I hear ya on the shore thing- my in-laws have a place in N. Wildwood- it's fun for partying, but the beach is packed, concrete everywhere...and the boardwalk is insane! lol
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey

MOSS YO
DRAFT SHARK

Postby MOSS YO » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Hey guys ...just got some bad news this morning

My daughter's infection has not responded very well to the anti biotics she has been on since post Friday's surgery....

They are doing an MRI today, and there is some early talk of moving her to Boston Children's Hospital (about 30 mins away) following the test.

As of now, I have been able to pop in and out of my house to make picks....but if we go to Boston, I dont know how available internet access will be there just yet

UPDATE: YEP. Headed to Boston for tonight. They may have the internet in the Children's play room but I cant recall. But I will check in...and if not just text me at 978 979 8092

Thanks...and thanks for your prayers

-MOSS YO!
"That guy doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades, and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words..."

- Bobby Bowden on one of his FSU linebackers

Wally82
Great White

Postby Wally82 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:02 pm

Best wishes, buddy!
---
-'Cowboys-

tavo2311
Tiger Shark

Postby tavo2311 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:12 pm

Moss Yo - Hope she gets better quick and everything returns to normal.
2016 Draft Sharks Keeper League (0-0)
QB:
RB:
WR:
TE:
DEF:

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Good luck MossYo. Definitely wishing her a speedy recovery.

MOSS YO
DRAFT SHARK

Postby MOSS YO » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:57 am

Hey guys...this pc wont allow me to email...but Cowboys is up and he likes to be notified by email if anyone wants to step up and tell him he's on the clock

gunslinger something or other is his email.....it's listed in one of these threads.

Peace

-MOSS YO!
"That guy doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades, and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words..."

- Bobby Bowden on one of his FSU linebackers

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:25 am

MOSS YO wrote:Hey guys...this pc wont allow me to email...but Cowboys is up and he likes to be notified by email if anyone wants to step up and tell him he's on the clock

gunslinger something or other is his email.....it's listed in one of these threads.

Peace

-MOSS YO!

I e-mailed him.
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), T Taylor (WW)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) J Gordon (WW) K Cupp (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

Return to “Draft Sharks Keeper League”