The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Official rules, draft results, and discussion for the Draft Sharks Keeper League.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

User avatar
mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2077
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: NJ

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby mcghee3 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:30 pm

Hornsfan78 wrote:
mcghee3 wrote:VP's should have been in as the first tie breaker, which will be done for next year.
It isn't the end all. Division winners (via record) will always advance first, but in the event of a tie for the division, i would rather VP's be the tie breaker than any other category.
If there's disagreement on that, I can definitely put it up for vote rather than executive order.

As for TE's at the flex - ill put it up for vote after this weeks results are finalized.
Due to the current starting req's I don't know how often we'll have everclears type dilemma but I don't have a problem with it either way.


Did we ever decide on the TE issue?

What about my Waiver wire question below. Can waived players have to "clear" waivers before they are picked up?

Thanks


I would think that if we want players to clear a waiver process, that they would be on waivers for a week until the next blind bid run.

As for the TE aspect, I haven't put a vote up yet

User avatar
Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 5168
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:59 am
Location: Hovering outside the ATX

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby Hornsfan78 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:01 pm

mcghee3 wrote:I would think that if we want players to clear a waiver process, that they would be on waivers for a week until the next blind bid run.


That may be asking a bit much of people. My real issue is that there is such a flurry of activity right after the blind bid runs every week, sometime it is hard to decipher it all, and sometimes I'm not even where I could jump in if I wanted to. I was just wondering if you could "lock" players dropped in the blind bid process for 24 hours (or even 12 hours) before they hit the FCFS system. If not, or if it doesn't matter to others, then just let it be.

Thanks!
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4),
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Rawls (WW) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW) C Carson (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) C Coleman (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

User avatar
mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2077
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: NJ

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby mcghee3 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:29 am

Hornsfan78 wrote:
mcghee3 wrote:I would think that if we want players to clear a waiver process, that they would be on waivers for a week until the next blind bid run.


That may be asking a bit much of people. My real issue is that there is such a flurry of activity right after the blind bid runs every week, sometime it is hard to decipher it all, and sometimes I'm not even where I could jump in if I wanted to. I was just wondering if you could "lock" players dropped in the blind bid process for 24 hours (or even 12 hours) before they hit the FCFS system. If not, or if it doesn't matter to others, then just let it be.

Thanks!


Oh I see what you mean.
I could look and see what rules are available.
Not sure if we would have to run like multiple blind bid processes.
Let me look and see what we can do.....

User avatar
mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2077
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: NJ

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby mcghee3 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:38 am

mcghee3 wrote:
Hornsfan78 wrote:
mcghee3 wrote:I would think that if we want players to clear a waiver process, that they would be on waivers for a week until the next blind bid run.


That may be asking a bit much of people. My real issue is that there is such a flurry of activity right after the blind bid runs every week, sometime it is hard to decipher it all, and sometimes I'm not even where I could jump in if I wanted to. I was just wondering if you could "lock" players dropped in the blind bid process for 24 hours (or even 12 hours) before they hit the FCFS system. If not, or if it doesn't matter to others, then just let it be.

Thanks!


Oh I see what you mean.
I could look and see what rules are available.
Not sure if we would have to run like multiple blind bid processes.
Let me look and see what we can do.....


So here's what we can do:

1. As is - immediately available for pick up.
2. Next time waivers are run
3. A certain amount of days
4. A set date and time.

I think 1,3 and 4 pose the same problems. Whether it be at the time the waivers run or another time during the week, it would just be who can get on to the site at that time and make the move.
You wouldn't be able to put in a pending claim on the player and have it processed when the time limit is up. We could do 2 and have a 2nd blind bid run say on Saturday or Friday.
It should theoretically only incorporate players that were dropped as everyone else would have cleared waivers in the first run.

I can put up a vote for this and the TE flex issue. Will put them on the site either tomorrow or sometime this weekend.

earl714
Reef Shark
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:16 pm

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby earl714 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:21 am

I would be ok with a 24 hour period, not for a week waiting period.

MOSS YO
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 1869
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:29 pm
Location: Behind you, to the left
Contact:

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby MOSS YO » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:15 am

Same as Earl ^^^

-MOSS YO
"That guy doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades, and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words..."

- Bobby Bowden on one of his FSU linebackers

User avatar
mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2077
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: NJ

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby mcghee3 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:52 am

Poll for TE as a flex is up.

Needs 7 yes votes to change the current setting

User avatar
mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2077
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: NJ

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby mcghee3 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:13 am

mcghee3 wrote:Poll for TE as a flex is up.

Needs 7 yes votes to change the current setting


Only 6 votes logged.
Sorry dudes.
Looks like no TE at flex

User avatar
Everclear
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 1864
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:40 pm
Location: I'm on a horse.

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby Everclear » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:21 am

mcghee3 wrote:
mcghee3 wrote:Poll for TE as a flex is up.

Needs 7 yes votes to change the current setting


Only 6 votes logged.
Sorry dudes.
Looks like no TE at flex

No offense but can we hold votes the day before the draft. Or day of. Or through email. The vote was 4-2 with a majority being yes.
The preseason means almost nothing.

User avatar
mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2077
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: NJ

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby mcghee3 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:26 am

Everclear wrote:
mcghee3 wrote:
mcghee3 wrote:Poll for TE as a flex is up.

Needs 7 yes votes to change the current setting


Only 6 votes logged.
Sorry dudes.
Looks like no TE at flex

No offense but can we hold votes the day before the draft. Or day of. Or through email. The vote was 4-2 with a majority being yes.



Why would I take offense to that?

I really don't care when the vote is held.
If you guys want it day of, day before - whatever.
I'm just trying to get things in order for the draft to start.
If the rule change changes peoples draft/keeper strategy, I'd like it in place well in advance of keeper submission/draft.
I can't really help it if people aren't checking in to the site or here once a week (the poll was up for 7 days).

Everyone should've received an email when the poll went up so not sure what the difference would be if the vote was through email

User avatar
Everclear
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 1864
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:40 pm
Location: I'm on a horse.

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby Everclear » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:12 am

mcghee3 wrote:If the rule change changes peoples draft/keeper strategy, I'd like it in place well in advance of keeper submission/draft.
I can't really help it if people aren't checking in to the site or here once a week (the poll was up for 7 days).

Everyone should've received an email when the poll went up so not sure what the difference would be if the vote was through email

I agree but people are lazy and spam filters and whatnot.

I would say email is the best way tbh and I agree with 100% of what you said.
The preseason means almost nothing.

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 3274
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby skiballs68 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:38 pm

A change like the TE flex would definitely have to be decided prior to keeper selection and draft slot selection. It does impact strategy in roster construction.

I don't think most guys get an email notification when a poll goes up- I didn't. I just happened to notice the thread here, so I did vote. And in the mobile app you have actively check the polls section or you wouldn't see it. I'd support a re-vote if everyone got an email notice from the commish. It would probably get enough votes to provide clarity one way or another.

earl714
Reef Shark
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:16 pm

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby earl714 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:05 am

Says the guy with Jimmy Graham and Julius Thomas. I say you should have traded me one last year when I was begging for one of them.


We do it in one league I am in,and what it does is to make sure you don't wait on TEs.


Return to “Draft Sharks Keeper League”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest