The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Official rules, draft results, and discussion for the Draft Sharks Keeper League.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

User avatar
mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2077
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: NJ

The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby mcghee3 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Post 'em if you got 'em.

No need to post about the H2HVP :D

MOSS YO
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 1869
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:29 pm
Location: Behind you, to the left
Contact:

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby MOSS YO » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:48 pm

1. Interested in creating at least one IR slot, for players announced who are put on NFL IR...or even announced OUT for at least a month or something

2. The "Dez Bryant" rule ---- Would like to see points given to individuals who score on punt or kick returns (not just the Team Defense/Special Teams getting points) A touchdown is a touchdown for my mind...why not reward the player too?


-MOSS YO!
"That guy doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades, and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words..."

- Bobby Bowden on one of his FSU linebackers

User avatar
Gomer
Blue Shark
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:11 am

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby Gomer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Mcghee-If we don't want a change that is proposed do you want us to voice that here or will you gather requests and then let us discuss and vote on them in another post?
All my great ideas, I've regretted most of them.

User avatar
mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2077
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: NJ

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby mcghee3 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Gomer wrote:Mcghee-If we don't want a change that is proposed do you want us to voice that here or will you gather requests and then let us discuss and vote on them in another post?


I'm gonna put a vote to the ones that have alot of backing.
If there's something mentioned once that some others think is a good idea - quote so I know it's something that has steam to it.

User avatar
mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2077
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: NJ

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby mcghee3 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:28 pm

One thing I will add.
It looks like the VP will go thru (5 yay's as of now).
I know some expressed an interest in moving to CBS - I don't believe they allow for the VP system to be incorporated (I'm in a league on their and I'm good friends with the commish, he's going to let me poke around with the commish settings to see for sure).
MFL.com - it's basically the flick of a switch and adding to the standings.

I can manipulate the home page in the Commish settings for MFL so if there is a setup you guys prefer or something you want added/removed from the home page lemme know.

User avatar
Gomer
Blue Shark
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:11 am

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby Gomer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:49 pm

-Waivers - The BBID system that we talked about in another thread sounds really good.
-Once a player is dropped that they go on waivers for 24 hours. I don't like the fact that if someone is dropped by a team right now that it's the fastest man to his computer that gets the player. There's been a couple of times that I saw a player dropped and then picked right up and wished I would have had a chance to pickup that player.
-IR spots-would like to see each team get 2 IR spots for players who the NFL says is on IR
-Fee increase to $50 + cost to cover web site
-Tie breaker for playoffs and playoff seating to be total points for the season and not head-to-head.
All my great ideas, I've regretted most of them.

User avatar
Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 5125
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:59 am
Location: Hovering outside the ATX

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby Hornsfan78 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Gomer wrote:-Waivers - The BBID system that we talked about in another thread sounds really good.
-Once a player is dropped that they go on waivers for 24 hours. I don't like the fact that if someone is dropped by a team right now that it's the fastest man to his computer that gets the player. There's been a couple of times that I saw a player dropped and then picked right up and wished I would have had a chance to pickup that player.
-IR spots-would like to see each team get 2 IR spots for players who the NFL says is on IR
-Fee increase to $50 + cost to cover web site
-Tie breaker for playoffs and playoff seating to be total points for the season and not head-to-head.


I would like a little more explanation of how a Blind Bidding System works. Does it run every night (day) or only the first waiver run of the week?

I agree that a player should go on waivers for 24 hours when dropped.

Not sure we need an IR with a 20-person roster, but I'm not opposed to it either.

Fee increase to $50 sounds good. Maybe use some of the extra $'s for Most Points for Regular season and Most Points Single Week - Regular Season

I think the tie-breaker already is most points, isn't it?
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), A Luck (14)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) C Carson (13) A Kamara (16) J Allen (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) Ty Williams (8) J Maclin (9) C Coleman (10)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

User avatar
Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 5125
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:59 am
Location: Hovering outside the ATX

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby Hornsfan78 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Another thought...

Maybe we should clarify playoff seeding. I would assume Division Winners are top 4 seeds, regardless of records (i.e. this year LandSharks was No. 4 seed as Division Winner and Slick was the # 5 seed despite having a better record. Didn't really matter (didn't change the matchups) but probably should be clear.
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), A Luck (14)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) C Carson (13) A Kamara (16) J Allen (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) Ty Williams (8) J Maclin (9) C Coleman (10)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

User avatar
Gomer
Blue Shark
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:11 am

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby Gomer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:55 pm

If we do vp scoring we will only have one division. At least that's my understanding.
All my great ideas, I've regretted most of them.

User avatar
Wally82
Great White
Posts: 1134
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby Wally82 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:29 am

I'm all for the Return's count as TD's rule...I just need to know if that's going to be the case before I pick my keepers :P *coughHestercough*
---
-'Cowboys-

User avatar
mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2077
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: NJ

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby mcghee3 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Gomer wrote:If we do vp scoring we will only have one division. At least that's my understanding.


It won't be one division. Still 4 or we can condense to 3.

Hornsfan78 wrote:Another thought...

Maybe we should clarify playoff seeding. I would assume Division Winners are top 4 seeds, regardless of records (i.e. this year LandSharks was No. 4 seed as Division Winner and Slick was the # 5 seed despite having a better record. Didn't really matter (didn't change the matchups) but probably should be clear.


Seeding will be based on VP's.
Division winners etc. will not matter in terms of seed, only entry to the playoffs.

Highest VP - #1 seed
2nd VP - #2 seed
etc.

User avatar
Gomer
Blue Shark
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:11 am

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby Gomer » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:50 pm

mcghee3 wrote:
Gomer wrote:If we do vp scoring we will only have one division. At least that's my understanding.


It won't be one division. Still 4 or we can condense to 3.

Hornsfan78 wrote:Another thought...

Maybe we should clarify playoff seeding. I would assume Division Winners are top 4 seeds, regardless of records (i.e. this year LandSharks was No. 4 seed as Division Winner and Slick was the # 5 seed despite having a better record. Didn't really matter (didn't change the matchups) but probably should be clear.


Seeding will be based on VP's.
Division winners etc. will not matter in terms of seed, only entry to the playoffs.

Highest VP - #1 seed
2nd VP - #2 seed
etc.


Think I would rather have 3 divsions than 4. Maybe even would like to do 2.
All my great ideas, I've regretted most of them.

User avatar
Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 5125
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:59 am
Location: Hovering outside the ATX

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby Hornsfan78 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:37 pm

mcghee3 wrote:Seeding will be based on VP's.
Division winners etc. will not matter in terms of seed, only entry to the playoffs.

Highest VP - #1 seed
2nd VP - #2 seed
etc.


But the playoffs themselves will be strictly Head-to-Head, right?
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), A Luck (14)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) C Carson (13) A Kamara (16) J Allen (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) Ty Williams (8) J Maclin (9) C Coleman (10)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

User avatar
mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2077
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: NJ

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby mcghee3 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Hornsfan78 wrote:
mcghee3 wrote:Seeding will be based on VP's.
Division winners etc. will not matter in terms of seed, only entry to the playoffs.

Highest VP - #1 seed
2nd VP - #2 seed
etc.


But the playoffs themselves will be strictly Head-to-Head, right?


yes.
The only thing VP changes is seeding and how the WC teams are determined.

Mr Cowboy
Tiger Shark
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:21 pm
Location: Binghamton, New York

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby Mr Cowboy » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:25 am

1) Im all for Return Td's countingfor the player ..

2) Would like to come up with payouts for total points for year winner ..

3) How does blind bid work and who controls it ?
Fantasy Sports Writer: TheFantasyFix.com

Cancer Survivor. Live each day like its your last ! God Bless...


Return to “Draft Sharks Keeper League”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest