The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Official rules, draft results, and discussion for the Draft Sharks Keeper League.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby mcghee3 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:21 pm

Gomer wrote:Can we get a recap of rule changes that we made for the new system?
I believe we have added the following:
-H2HVP scoring
-Blind Bid for waivers
-League cost increase to $50 to cover cost of league web site
-Points Against your Defense will only be counted if they are scored via the opposing team's offense or ST.

Couple of others that I know of that were thrown out but not sure what ended up with them that we may need to discuss further:
-a player be on waivers for 24 hours once they are dropped
-one or two IR spots
-return tds counting for a player (example hester returns a punt for a td he gets 6 points and chicago's def/st gets 6 points)
-decrease the number of divisions from 4 to 3, 2 or 1
-Tie breaker for playoffs and playoff seating to be total points for the season and not head-to-head
-for playoff seating the divison winners get seated before the wild cards
- -1 for an INT instead of -2

As of right now, the only changes were,
Offensive PA your D/ST (ie Aaron Rodgers throws a pick 6, GB D/ST would not be charged with PA).
H2HVP Scoring.
And the $50 increase.

slick3165
Reef Shark

Postby slick3165 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:58 am

We're all busy. I'm not suggesting it to put more work on you. I was in 7 leagues last year, myself. I keep track of everything in two 14 team keepers with the excel sheets and post them on google docs similar to what I've done for this league. To be honest, most of the time I know who has what and in what rounds without having to look at the charts because, and I'm sure I'm not alone, I spend so much time on this stuff.

I'm fine either way, but obviously would prefer having the chance to trade picks.

Last year's draft chart:
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spread ... n_US#gid=0

Potential keepers this year:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... n_US#gid=0

MOSS YO
DRAFT SHARK

Postby MOSS YO » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:06 pm

^^^^^And on the subject of charts...thanks for making that spreadsheet of potential keepers. That was helpful

except you missed one of my potential keepers....Matt Stafford :)

-MOSS YO!
"That guy doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades, and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words..."

- Bobby Bowden on one of his FSU linebackers

slick3165
Reef Shark

Postby slick3165 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:17 pm

sorry

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:49 pm

slick3165 wrote:We're all busy. I'm not suggesting it to put more work on you. I was in 7 leagues last year, myself. I keep track of everything in two 14 team keepers with the excel sheets and post them on google docs similar to what I've done for this league. To be honest, most of the time I know who has what and in what rounds without having to look at the charts because, and I'm sure I'm not alone, I spend so much time on this stuff.

I'm fine either way, but obviously would prefer having the chance to trade picks.

Last year's draft chart:

...and as a clarification, I dropped Finley and picked him back up, so if I keep him, it is my understanding he will be a 10th rounder, not a 4th rounder. I know some of you are going to have a problem with this, but my logic at the time was if I dropped him and somebody ELSE claimed him, they would get to keep him for a 10th rounder, so why shouldn't I be able to. Those are the current rules as I understand them.
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), A Luck (14)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) C Carson (13) A Kamara (16) J Allen (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) Ty Williams (8) J Maclin (9) C Coleman (10)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

slick3165
Reef Shark

Postby slick3165 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:12 pm

If anything, to me it seems that it's actually easier to keep track of keepers if they're always kept in the round they were drafted rather than if they become 10th rounders if dropped and picked up. In the case of Finley, it takes more effort/time to double check the transaction log for drops and adds than it is to look at the charts.

Gomer
Blue Shark

Postby Gomer » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Hornsfan78 wrote:
slick3165 wrote:We're all busy. I'm not suggesting it to put more work on you. I was in 7 leagues last year, myself. I keep track of everything in two 14 team keepers with the excel sheets and post them on google docs similar to what I've done for this league. To be honest, most of the time I know who has what and in what rounds without having to look at the charts because, and I'm sure I'm not alone, I spend so much time on this stuff.

Last year's draft chart:

...and as a clarification, I dropped Finley and picked him back up, so if I keep him, it is my understanding he will be a 10th rounder, not a 4th rounder. I know some of you are going to have a problem with this, but my logic at the time was if I dropped him and somebody ELSE claimed him, they would get to keep him for a 10th rounder, so why shouldn't I be able to. Those are the current rules as I understand them.

Did you drop him and then turn right around and within a few minutes pick him right back up?
All my great ideas, I've regretted most of them.

Gomer
Blue Shark

Postby Gomer » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:54 pm

On rule change that I would like for us to vote that's been put out for a vote is that once a player is dropped they are on waivers for 24 hours. That way everyone doesn't have to live on the website watching for players to be dropped and everyone should at least have a chance to pickup a player.

This would bring into question though what order the claim process would be. If I'm understanding the Blind Bid system we'll bid by Tuesday night or so on players we want to pickup and then on Wed morning players will be rewarded to those with the highest bids. Would we add a second "bid" day for players who had been dropped by the teams the won a waiver request?

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Gomer wrote:
Hornsfan78 wrote:

Last year's draft chart:

Did you drop him and then turn right around and within a few minutes pick him right back up?

Yes.
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) C Carson (13) A Kamara (16) J Allen (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) Ty Williams (8) J Maclin (9) C Coleman (10)

Gomer
Blue Shark

Postby Gomer » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:00 pm

One rule that we've not voted on which has been brought up and I think we might want to consider is one IR spot per team.

MOSS YO
DRAFT SHARK

Postby MOSS YO » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Gomer wrote:One rule that we've not voted on which has been brought up and I think we might want to consider is one IR spot per team.

YEAH MAN ^^^^ AGREED.

We should put that to a vote. I say one IR slot will suffice, but you also have to define the parameters of "injured" in advance

-MOSS YO!
"That guy doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades, and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words..."

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:06 pm

MOSS YO wrote:
Gomer wrote:One rule that we've not voted on which has been brought up and I think we might want to consider is one IR spot per team.

YEAH MAN ^^^^ AGREED.

We should put that to a vote. I say one IR slot will suffice, but you also have to define the parameters of "injured" in advance

-MOSS YO!

Parameter would be that the player would be on the NFL IR.
That's the only way I'd put it up for vote.

MOSS YO
DRAFT SHARK

Postby MOSS YO » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Sounds good to me...

-MOSS YO!

Gomer
Blue Shark

Postby Gomer » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:57 am

mcghee3 wrote:
MOSS YO wrote:

YEAH MAN ^^^^ AGREED.

-MOSS YO!

Parameter would be that the player would be on the NFL IR.
That's the only way I'd put it up for vote.

Oh yeah...I totally agree that they would only get to be put on IR if the player is on the NFL IR.

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:04 pm

How about in the 2015 Draft, assuming we don't do a live draft in 2014, the slowest drafter (overall time on the clock) has to give the fastest drafter their 11th round pick in exchange for a 20th.

:D
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league

Return to “Draft Sharks Keeper League”