The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Official rules, draft results, and discussion for the Draft Sharks Keeper League.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

tavo2311
Tiger Shark

Re: The Official Rule Request Change Thread

Postby tavo2311 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:34 am

Everclear wrote:Bump for the TE @ Flex as a option.

Not having the option to start JT each week sucks.

I would say cash in by trading him to me , but then I look at my team, and I don't think you could cash in!
2016 Draft Sharks Keeper League (0-0)
QB:
RB:
WR:
TE:
DEF:

Everclear
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Everclear » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:16 am

Bump for TE @ Flex as this is brutal for me watching this happen almost every week.
The preseason means almost nothing.

Wally82
Great White

Postby Wally82 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:26 am

I'm ok with TE as Flex.

In my other league I have JT/Cameron playing each week.
---
-'Cowboys-

earl714
Reef Shark

Postby earl714 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:03 pm

I am against using the TE as a flex, it is not a deep category already and we don't need people taking 2 or 3 TE's.
If we do that why don't we start 3 QB's, Moss has 3, it is a shame that Brady has to sit on the bench every week.
If you don't like someone sitting on your bench, trade them.

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

Postby skiballs68 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:05 am

Right now I'd vote for being able to use a TE in the RB spot.

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:21 pm

A couple of more thoughts.

1) Use VP's for the standings, not just playoff seedings. I actually thought that was what we were doing until I got Scott's e-mail this week. I went back and looked at the rules and it only says we use VP's for playoff seeding. Dilutes the value of the H2HVPSS by not using it to determine standings (vs. W/L record) IMHO.

2) Waiver wire - I don't know if this is possible, but I would like to see any guys dropped during the waiver wire process go through a 24-hour waiver process themselves so that I don't have to be sitting at a computer at 7:15 pm on Wednesday evenings. We could run a new blind bid waiver run every evening. Anybody that "cleared" waivers, would then be available FCFS as we have been doing it. Anybody that had already been available, i.e. free agents, would be available FCFS as usual.
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), A Luck (14)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) C Carson (13) A Kamara (16) J Allen (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) Ty Williams (8) J Maclin (9) C Coleman (10)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Postby docjr03 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:47 am

Hornsfan78 wrote:A couple of more thoughts.

1) Use VP's for the standings, not just playoff seedings. I actually thought that was what we were doing until I got Scott's e-mail this week. I went back and looked at the rules and it only says we use VP's for playoff seeding. Dilutes the value of the H2HVPSS by not using it to determine standings (vs. W/L record) IMHO.

I'm not sure I follow- The only division where VP doesn't match the division leader is the Jerry Rice where I have more VP's than the division leader who has a better record. I don't think it matters since I my VP's lock me into the playoffs even if I finish third in my division. Are you thinking of a specific scenario where someone gets screwed out of a playoff spot?
12 team, .75PPR, 1pp10 yd ru, 1pp 8yd rec
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 RB Foster, Gio, R. Bush, Hyde, Blue
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 TE Rudolph, D. Allen, Cameron
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey
Def: streaming

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:01 pm

docjr03 wrote:

I'm not sure I follow- The only division where VP doesn't match the division leader is the Jerry Rice where I have more VP's than the division leader who has a better record. I don't think it matters since I my VP's lock me into the playoffs even if I finish third in my division. Are you thinking of a specific scenario where someone gets screwed out of a playoff spot?

Well let's say in my Division, I ended up 6 - 7 with 27 VP's, and US Americans finished 7 - 6 with 25 VP's. They would go to the playoffs and I would be out under the present system. In another league in which we use H2HVPSS, the VP's actually determine the standings, not just the seeding.

It is just a suggestion to make the VP's more important than W/L.
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) C Carson (13) A Kamara (16) J Allen (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) Ty Williams (8) J Maclin (9) C Coleman (10)

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Postby docjr03 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Hornsfan78 wrote:
docjr03 wrote:

Well let's say in my Division, I ended up 6 - 7 with 27 VP's, and US Americans finished 7 - 6 with 25 VP's. They would go to the playoffs and I would be out under the present system. In another league in which we use H2HVPSS, the VP's actually determine the standings, not just the seeding.

It is just a suggestion to make the VP's more important than W/L.

cool, I see. However, wouldn't the algorithm for determining the VP's prevent such a scenario?
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:27 pm

docjr03 wrote:cool, I see. However, wouldn't the algorithm for determining the VP's prevent such a scenario?

It is probably unlikely, but I wouldn't say it would be impossible to happen.
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league

earl714
Reef Shark

Postby earl714 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:39 pm

I completely agree, it could have happened in the Rice league this year. Victory points is to reward the better team. It is unlucky if you have more points and a worse record than another team. Victory points is supposed to take out the luck factor a little bit.

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

Postby skiballs68 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:43 pm

I'm against using VP as the all determining factor in standings. If that's the case, just make it a total points league and forget the H2H matchups.

I would be okay with a hybrid system. W-L records determine the Division Winners, with VP used as tiebreakers. The WC spots could be based on VP first and foremost, to prevent that one unlucky team from getting skunked out of the playoffs. With half the league qualifying for the playoffs, I don't think the #7 team has a bitch most years.

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Postby docjr03 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:31 pm

[quote="skiballs68"]I'm against using VP as the all determining factor in standings. If that's the case, just make it a total points league and forget the H2H matchups.

I would be okay with a hybrid system. W-L records determine the Division Winners, with VP used as tiebreakers. The WC spots could be based on VP first and foremost, to prevent that one unlucky team from getting skunked out of the playoffs. With half the league qualifying for the playoffs, I don't think the #7 team has a bitch most years.[/quote]

I agree with this. It would have sucked not to make the playoffs just because I played in a more competitive division, so it was nice to have the VP points save me there.
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:06 am

VP's should have been in as the first tie breaker, which will be done for next year.
It isn't the end all. Division winners (via record) will always advance first, but in the event of a tie for the division, i would rather VP's be the tie breaker than any other category.
If there's disagreement on that, I can definitely put it up for vote rather than executive order.

As for TE's at the flex - ill put it up for vote after this weeks results are finalized.
Due to the current starting req's I don't know how often we'll have everclears type dilemma but I don't have a problem with it either way.

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:58 pm

mcghee3 wrote:VP's should have been in as the first tie breaker, which will be done for next year.
It isn't the end all. Division winners (via record) will always advance first, but in the event of a tie for the division, i would rather VP's be the tie breaker than any other category.
If there's disagreement on that, I can definitely put it up for vote rather than executive order.

As for TE's at the flex - ill put it up for vote after this weeks results are finalized.
Due to the current starting req's I don't know how often we'll have everclears type dilemma but I don't have a problem with it either way.

Did we ever decide on the TE issue?

What about my Waiver wire question below. Can waived players have to "clear" waivers before they are picked up?

Thanks
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league

Return to “Draft Sharks Keeper League”