Question about trades.

Official rules, draft results, and discussion for the Draft Sharks Keeper League.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Everclear
DRAFT SHARK

Question about trades.

Postby Everclear » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:28 pm

All trades will be approved by the Commissioners. Trades between the Commissioners may be put to a league vote upon request. There is no trading of draft picks. If a keeper is involved in a trade, they will not revert back to original draft position upon being traded. This is an effort to prevent massive sell off's as players come close to the end of their Keeper run.

My question is say I kept a 4th rounder this year and I wanted to trade for a newly drafted guy in the 10th. What would happen to the respected 4th and 10th rounders for the next year if the owners wanted to keep them? Can we keep them? Would would happen if it was a 1st instead of a 4th? Does it matter?

I'm just really confused about the "keeping" aspect after a trade since it is new ownership. Like if a trade went through clearly the player would of not been kept by his new owner so what would happen for the next year? Etc.

My head is spinning at this point.
The preseason means almost nothing.

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Question about trades.

Postby Hornsfan78 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:42 am

I believe the answer is the traded players keep their draft/keeper status when traded. So, if you trade a 4th round keeper from 2011 for a 2011 10th round pick, in 2012 the 4th rounder becomes a 2nd, should the new owner choose to keep them and the 10th rounder can be kept for a 10th (since they were newly drafted in 2011).
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4),
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Rawls (WW) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW) C Carson (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) C Coleman (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

Everclear
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Everclear » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Hornsfan78 wrote:I believe the answer is the traded players keep their draft/keeper status when traded. So, if you trade a 4th round keeper from 2011 for a 2011 10th round pick, in 2012 the 4th rounder becomes a 2nd, should the new owner choose to keep them and the 10th rounder can be kept for a 10th (since they were newly drafted in 2011).

More clarification from the Commish! =)
The preseason means almost nothing.

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Everclear wrote:More clarification from the Commish! =)

Well, I'm not the Commish, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express one time!
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4),
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Rawls (WW) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW) C Carson (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) C Coleman (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Bill pretty much summed it up.
If a player that is a 2011 4th round keeper is traded, the new owner will surrender a 2nd round pick to keep him. If he was originally drafted in the 4th round and traded in the same season, the new owner would need to surrender a 4th round pick to keep him the next season.

Same for 1st rounders. If he was a keeper and traded, he cannot be kept. If he was a 1st round draft choice and traded same season, the new owner can keep him once.

Lemme know if you still have questions

Return to “Draft Sharks Keeper League”