2012 KEEPER QUESTION

Official rules, draft results, and discussion for the Draft Sharks Keeper League.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Mr Cowboy
Tiger Shark

2012 KEEPER QUESTION

Postby Mr Cowboy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:47 am

Sorry I tried to read past threads but I want to be sure of the rules. I drafted CJ3 #1 and Brees #2 in 2010 .. kept them last year obviously.. Under the current rules I can not keep them this year correct ?
Fantasy Sports Writer: TheFantasyFix.com

Cancer Survivor. Live each day like its your last ! God Bless...

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Re: 2012 KEEPER QUESTION

Postby docjr03 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 pm

You cannot keep them this year per the "Keeper League Bylaws."

4 - Rosters/Keepers

The in season roster limit is 20 players. Teams may keep any number of players upto a maximum of 5. The first year a player is kept, the owner will lose the same round draft pick he was originally drafted in. Each subsequent year, the owner will lose a draft pick 2 rounds higher (for example: player A is drafted in the 5th round. 1st year as keeper owner loses round 5 pick. 2nd year round 3 and 3rd year round 1). Once the player reaches a 1st or 2nd round status, he may no longer be ruled a keeper the following season. Keepers must declared on our league forum (a thread will be opened by the commissioners) no later than 1 week prior to that years draft. If an owner retains a keeper that was acquired off of the WW, that owner will forfeit a 10th round pick in the next years draft. The player would then follow normal keeper rules (loss of an 8th round pick in the 2nd year as a keeper). If an owner retain a 2nd keeper from a WW acquisition, he would forfeit a 9th round pick. 3rd keeper = 8th round pick, etc. It is up to the owner to designate which player is associated with the pick being forfeited in the keeper thread.
12 team, .75PPR, 1pp10 yd ru, 1pp 8yd rec
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 RB Foster, Gio, R. Bush, Hyde, Blue
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 TE Rudolph, D. Allen, Cameron
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey
Def: streaming

MOSS YO
DRAFT SHARK

Postby MOSS YO » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Yep...same thing with me this year...Had to say bye to Rice at one and Rodgers at two :(

Had the best QB, TE, and Rice was up there....Still didnt win somehow

-MOSS YO!
"That guy doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades, and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words..."

- Bobby Bowden on one of his FSU linebackers

Everclear
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Everclear » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:29 pm

MOSS YO wrote:Yep...same thing with me this year...Had to say bye to Rice at one and Rodgers at two :(

Had the best QB, TE, and Rice was up there....Still didnt win somehow

-MOSS YO!

The preseason means almost nothing.

Mr Cowboy
Tiger Shark

Postby Mr Cowboy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:34 am

Thats because I won with a 5-8 record.. Something wrong with that .. ::::))))))))))))
Fantasy Sports Writer: TheFantasyFix.com

Cancer Survivor. Live each day like its your last ! God Bless...

Return to “Draft Sharks Keeper League”