Victory Points?

Official rules, draft results, and discussion for the Draft Sharks Keeper League.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 3274
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Victory Points?

Postby skiballs68 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:29 pm

I see the standings in our League Site also show Victory points but I don't see anything in the rules about them. Are they just FYI only, or do they impact playoff slots?

User avatar
Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 5168
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:59 am
Location: Hovering outside the ATX

Re: Victory Points?

Postby Hornsfan78 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:48 pm

skiballs68 wrote:I see the standings in our League Site also show Victory points but I don't see anything in the rules about them. Are they just FYI only, or do they impact playoff slots?


VP's are what determines playoff teams and seeding. 2 points for a win, 1 for a tie (which we never have) and 0 for a loss.

2 points for being top-3 scoring team for the week, 1 point for being 4-6 in scoring.

I'm surprised it is not in the bylaws somewhere.
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4),
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Rawls (WW) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW) C Carson (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) C Coleman (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 3274
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Victory Points?

Postby skiballs68 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:43 am

Hmmm. so it seems I need to win more games and score more points. I definitely need to change my current strategy.

User avatar
mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2077
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: NJ

Re: Victory Points?

Postby mcghee3 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Hornsfan78 wrote:
skiballs68 wrote:I see the standings in our League Site also show Victory points but I don't see anything in the rules about them. Are they just FYI only, or do they impact playoff slots?


VP's are what determines playoff teams and seeding. 2 points for a win, 1 for a tie (which we never have) and 0 for a loss.

2 points for being top-3 scoring team for the week, 1 point for being 4-6 in scoring.

I'm surprised it is not in the bylaws somewhere.


8 - Playoffs

The playoffs will begin in week 14. The 4 division winners and 2 wild card teams will advance. The 2 Wild Card Teams will be comprised of the two teams with the highest VP's that did not win a division. Playoff seeding will be based on VP's only. Tie-breakers will be decided by Total Points 1st and Head to Head 2nd.


To that point I'll add BIll's explanation of how they are distributed

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 4112
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:29 am

Re: Victory Points?

Postby docjr03 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:53 pm

skiballs68 wrote:Hmmm. so it seems I need to win more games and score more points. I definitely need to change my current strategy.


No you don't. I have parlayed that low VP strategy into two consecutive toilet bowl championships which is really awesome.
12 team, .75PPR, 1pp10 yd ru, 1pp 8yd rec
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 RB Foster, Gio, R. Bush, Hyde, Blue
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 TE Rudolph, D. Allen, Cameron
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey
Def: streaming


Return to “Draft Sharks Keeper League”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest