2014 1st overall pick

Combine/Pro Day News, Draft Rumors, Mock Drafts

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

2014 1st overall pick

Postby CrackedAces » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:23 pm

I had this conversation/argument with a friend this past weekend about who the #1 overall pick in next years draft will be. I am 100% behind Jadaveon Clowney as the pick, regardless of who has it. He thought it would be a QB. Money ended up on the table, and a bet was made. Clowney vs Manziel or Bridgewater. If it is none of the three it is a push.

In light of the TRich trade now, Clev having two first round picks, and likely the #1 overall, which direction do you go?

I personally think the trade screams of Clowney #1 overall and probably Taj Boyd in the late teens - early 20's. I could see Boyd fitting into that same mold of Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson.

What are your thoughts???

Poobah
Great White

Re: 2014 1st overall pick

Postby Poobah » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:30 pm

If they take Manziel first overall, they definitely will be trying to prolong the pain in the Dog Pound. Bridgewater has some potential, but the development of the Kaepernick/Wilson tier of QBs should prove that #1 selections for QBs are not necessary. Honestly, it would be interesting if Cleveland got the #1 pick, and then tried to trade it to a team that really wanted it. Failing that, I think they should take Clowney.

DS Jared
Site Admin

Postby DS Jared » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Keep in mind that the Browns just drafted Mingo in the 1st round and signed Paul Kruger in free agency. They're loaded with pass-rushers. I think Bridgewater is going #1, whether it's to Cleveland or Jacksonville.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

bigdog
DRAFT SHARK

Postby bigdog » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:19 pm

Here is what I am wondering. Is there a possibility with having multiple picks in the 1st rd, that somehow, someway, they could trade up and get both manziel and bridgewater? Maybe one of them has a bad combine or something? I mean it sounds absolutely crazy, but we have seen QBs/WR/RB players fall much further down than everyone thought due to team needs at other positions.

Of course jax is in the mix so they have to be thinking QB, but just like the ownership in cleveland, I can't figure out exactly what they are thinking half the time. Its almost like these guys are playing fantasy football with real NFL teams. Unfortunately for them, they don't seem to be very good at it.
QB – A.Rodgers,A.Dalton,D.Watson***
RB – D.Martin,D.Lewis,T.Riddick,J.Richard,T.Cohen,Jon Williams**,C.McCaffrey***,D.Washington**, D.Cobb*
WR/TE – D.Adams,W.Snead,M.Crabtree,J.Reed,Ty.Williams,P.Richardson,M.Bennett,J.Strong*
K – M.Crosby,K.Fairbairn
DEF – Chiefs,Falcons
* - Free Keeper until ’17,** - Free Keeper until ’18,*** - Free Keeper until ‘19

4 pts – pass td , -0.5 for int
6 pts – rush/rec td
0.5 pts - ppr
1 pt – 45 yds pass, 2 pt bonus @ 300 yds
1 pt – 15 yards rush/rec,1 pt bonus @ 100 yds rush,3 pt bonus @ 100 yds rec

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:02 pm

no way does johnny football go top 5...

Return to “NFL Draft”