Mock Draft - 2015

Combine/Pro Day News, Draft Rumors, Mock Drafts

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Poobah
Great White

Re: Mock Draft - 2015

Postby Poobah » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Okay, so the two people that have claimed divisions have gotten us started. I'll go ahead and pm Hobbes4166, Soup2345, and Jared (and ask about Matt/Kevin) to see if we can get moving from here. I could take the AFC West, but that would just have us stuck at #5 instead of #4...

DS Jared
Site Admin

Postby DS Jared » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Sorry for the delay, guys. I'll grab the AFC West so that I can make the Raiders' pick and keep this rolling. I'll see if Matt and Kevin want a division each.

With the 4th overall pick of the 2015 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select Alabama WR Amari Cooper.

The Raiders have plenty of holes and the top edge rushers were tempting here. But WR is perhaps the biggest hole on the roster. If Oakland wants to give Derek Carr any chance to succeed, they need to upgrade there. Cooper is as pro-ready as rookie WRs come.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

Hobbes4166
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hobbes4166 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:13 am

I'll take the NFC East, in part because I'm up and in part because I am a Giants homer.

With the 5th pick in the draft, the Washington Redskins take Randy Gregory OLB from Nebraska. I'm not sure Snyder cares about character concerns, so they'll take the best edge rusher available (and hopefully he'll suck :-) ).
Dynasty 1 - PPR
QB - Rodgers Cutler
RB - L Miller, JHill LMurray CJ Anderson TMontgomery Perkins
WR - AHopkins EDecker Perriman KWhite THill ZJones MThomas
TE - JReed EEbron VDavis

Dynasty 2 - PPR
QB - Wilson, Cousins, Kizer
RB - ADP Freeman TColeman Dixon Kelley Mack Murray
WR - ABrown JNelson MBryant TLockett MWilliams Meredith
TE - Graham Everett Gathers

Dynasty 3 - PPR
QB - Wilson Manning Prescott
RB - DJohnson JHill McCoy Abdullah Hunt Carson Cohen
WR - Jeffery KBenjamin DJax, PGarcon, Tate Pryor MWall
TE - Reed Kelce Kittles

mschauf63
Rookie

Postby mschauf63 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:19 am

I'm in, too, guys. Sorry I forget to check in more often. I can take the NFC West and/or NFC South if you guys want.
-- Matt Schauf
smartass & occasionally helpful fantasy dude, DraftSharks.com

Poobah
Great White

Postby Poobah » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:26 am

Matt, the NFC South was taken, so I put you on the NFC West. Hobbes, I gave you the NFC East, so don't screw up my Boys' pick at #27, please. Jared, thanks for the assistance, and I gave you the AFC West. I updated both the lists of division by drafter, and first round picks on the first page of the thread. Is there a way to move the picks post to the front of the thread, or something similar?

mschauf63
Rookie

Postby mschauf63 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:41 am

Cool. I'm sure Kevin would be glad to take the AFC East when he checks in. And I could certainly add another division (whichever) if you want to go ahead and hand them out.
-- Matt Schauf

DS Kevin
Reef Shark

Postby DS Kevin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:58 am

I'm in for the AFC East. So ...

With the 6th overall pick of the 2015 NFL Draft, the Jets select Clemson OLB Vic Beasley

Beasley's tallied 33 career sacks and provides some much needed speed off the edge.

Poobah
Great White

Postby Poobah » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Thanks, Kevin. That leaves one more division to grab, and I'm gonna give soup a few more hours to respond. I did go ahead and assign myself the NFC North so that we're not waiting for anyone for a few picks. So, that means I'm on the clock.

The Bears are in an interesting spot. I didn't really expect one of the top two WR to be around at #7, and would expect the Bears to be shopping the pick in that case to teams that might be interested in moving up to get Kevin White (maybe not the Dolphins since they just signed Greg Jennings, but the Rams? Browns?), but they may just take him to replace Brandon Marshall. Chicago needs a corner, but I don't think Trae Waynes is this high on their board, another reason to consider a trade back. Beasley is gone, but there is another player who I haven't seen mocked to the Bears, if only because he always seems to be gone before now...

With the 7th pick, the Chicago Bears take Dante Fowler, Jr., OLB - Florida

homer
DRAFT SHARK

Postby homer » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:49 pm

WIth the 8th pick Atlanta Falcons will take La'El Collins OT LSU

Hobbes4166
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hobbes4166 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:22 am

Despite the intriguing pick of Gurley and the common pick of Landon Collins (too soon for him, though interesting trade down possibilities), with the ninth pick of the draft the New York Giants select Brandon Scherff OL Iowa.

Sorry for the delay.
Dynasty 1 - PPR
QB - Rodgers Cutler
RB - L Miller, JHill LMurray CJ Anderson TMontgomery Perkins
WR - AHopkins EDecker Perriman KWhite THill ZJones MThomas
TE - JReed EEbron VDavis

Dynasty 2 - PPR
QB - Wilson, Cousins, Kizer
RB - ADP Freeman TColeman Dixon Kelley Mack Murray
WR - ABrown JNelson MBryant TLockett MWilliams Meredith
TE - Graham Everett Gathers

Dynasty 3 - PPR
QB - Wilson Manning Prescott
RB - DJohnson JHill McCoy Abdullah Hunt Carson Cohen
WR - Jeffery KBenjamin DJax, PGarcon, Tate Pryor MWall
TE - Reed Kelce Kittles

mschauf63
Rookie

Postby mschauf63 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:56 am

The Rams can afford to go best player available, because they could really use help pretty much anywhere outside of the D-line. Fortunately for them, WR Kevin White also fits a need. They don't have a No. 1 receiver on the roster, and he might have the best chance of anyone in the class of turning into that kind of player.
-- Matt Schauf

Poobah
Great White

Postby Poobah » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:03 am

Even if it wasn't a huge need pick, the Vikings are officially annoyed that Kevin White went off the board just ahead of their pick. With Teddy Bridgewater's old teammate DeVante Parker on the board, it may still be the position of choice, but I think getting the top prospect at another position trumps that.

With the 11th pick, the Minnesota Vikings select Trae Waynes, CB - Michigan St

Poobah
Great White

Postby Poobah » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:06 am

All right. Haven't heard from anyone not already playing regarding that last division, and didn't want to hold things up right now. So I will be making this pick, and if anyone wants a particular pick of the 4 left (or all of them) for the AFC North, let me know. That division doesn't pick again until #19, but has 4 total picks between #19-#26.

Anyway, on to Cleveland. They have two picks in the first round, and several ways to go with this. I think they would consider moving up to get Kevin White, but if they don't, I think they have a solid backup plan -

With the 12th pick, the Cleveland Browns select DeVante Parker - WR, Louisville

homer
DRAFT SHARK

Postby homer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:52 am

New Orleans Saints with the 13 pick take OT - Brandon Scherff Iowa. Which we will move to Guard to replace Ben Grubbs.

Sorry guys, wasnt paying attention.

Andrus Peat - OT Stanford
Last edited by homer on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DS Kevin
Reef Shark

Postby DS Kevin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:04 pm

With the 14th pick, the Dolphins select Missouri DE/OLB Shane Ray.

IMO, there's not a CB or WR worth taking here ... so Miami goes with perhaps the BPA and adds pass rushing ability to their front 7.

Return to “NFL Draft”