Mock Draft Endorsement

Combine/Pro Day News, Draft Rumors, Mock Drafts

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

ProfPoobah
Rookie

Mock Draft Endorsement

Postby ProfPoobah » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:51 pm

So, as much as I wish this was a paid endorsement, I just thought I'd tell the 5-6 of you still on the chat boards here about fanspeak.com. I have been using their site for 3-4 years now, but upgraded to the GM feature this year and am enjoying the heck out of it. You're given the keys to a franchise so to speak, to run through cutting and re-signing players on the roster, going through a free agency period, and then the draft. You can trade draft picks, which I find to be a lot of fun. The one downside is that you cannot trade players on your roster. Otherwise, it's a fun little diversion.

Not sure how "accurate" it is, because I believe it emphasizes the straight $$ in the offers without taking into account the desirability of various locales. I very much doubt an 0-16 Cleveland franchise could sign Kirk Cousins, LeVeon Bell, Jarvis Landry, Demarcus Lawrence, Eric Reid and Malcolm Butler at the head of a huge FA class, even if all of those players became available. That said, putting together a draft class with 10 picks in the first 3.5 rounds while banking 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 6th round picks for the future was a heady feeling. This stuff ain't so hard!! John Dorsey, need a hand? :mrgreen:

Sean1022
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Mock Draft Endorsement

Postby Sean1022 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:56 pm

That does sound pretty awesome. How much time does it take you to manage it? I assume your managing real teams with their current rosters?
teams 1 and 2 - 1 pt 10 yds rushing/rec, 1 ppr, 6 td, 1 pt 25 yds passing, 4 tds

Team 1 (10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te
qb: Brady, Wentz
rb: Dalvin Cook, B. Powell, J. White, A. Kamara
wr: Green, M. Thomas, B. Cooks, S. Diggs, T. Williams, JJ Nelson
te: Ertz, Doyle

team 2(10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex (rb, wr, te)
qb: Mariota, Wilson
Rb: D. Murray, Fournette, D. Henry, Riddick
wr: A. Brown, K. Allen, S. Diggs, Crowder
te: stream

ProfPoobah
Rookie

Re: Mock Draft Endorsement

Postby ProfPoobah » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:58 pm

Sean, running through the cutting and resigning piece, then a 10-day free agency, then 7 rounds of the draft... short answer is "it depends". I like trying out the trade function. A lot. So the whole process, with a team like the Browns that could sign 10-15 free agents if it wanted to, and a ton of draft picks, around 2 hours for me. On the other hand, I picked Dallas once to satisfy my homer tendencies, and finished everything in less than an hour.

Return to “NFL Draft”