2014 Week 5 Lineup

Thoughts, analysis and advice on daily fantasy games. Make that money!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

2014 Week 5 Lineup

Postby CrackedAces » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:29 am

I think since we are short on time this week, it would be best just to post what our lineups are, to give others an idea as to who we like. In following weeks, what are people thoughts on opening topics for each position and discussing them separately?

My FanDuel 50/50 Line-up for this week:

QB: Brees
RB: Jennings and Sankey
WR: Marshall, KAllen, VCruz
TE: Kelce
K: Suisham
D: Seattle

Basically, I am sticking with best matchups where I can, and following a bit of Jareds advice in playing safe in 50/50's. I have to imagine it is just dumb luck so far. I was really torn between Brees vs TB (who gives up the 8th most pts to QBs this year) and the value play in Ben (Jax gives up the most fantasy pts to QBs). RB was an easy call for me. ATL gives up the most fantasy pts, so Jennings feels safe. I LOVE Sankey's upside this week, plus he was cheap. Carolina in the bottom 10 of fantasy pts given up to WRs. I don't like it, but Marshall gets the redzone looks, even when he is hurt. Jets give up the 5th most pts to WRs, so why not try to get KA in there and do something. Plus he wasn't the highest priced WR on his own team this week, as that honor went to Royal. I hate VCruz with virtually every fiber in my body, so this is purely a system call. Not sure if its a good idea having Jennings and Cruz though. Kelce is cheap and on fire. I have come around on him. He looked great vs NE last week! Jax gives up the most FG att in the league, so Suisham it is. Seattle has struggled early, but this is the first of like 6 straight games that they should maul the opposing offense. I think its the first time I have taken a high priced D.

Hope this works out. Let me know what you think, and/or what changes I should consider.

DS Jared
Site Admin

Re: 2014 Week 5 Lineup

Postby DS Jared » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:19 am

Only change I'd consider is Marshall. Like him in tournaments, but seems too risky for a 50/50.

I'd rather use Jeffery for $600 less or Benjamin for $1,000 less.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

jakam31
Great White

Postby jakam31 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:33 am

CrackedAces wrote:I think since we are short on time this week, it would be best just to post what our lineups are, to give others an idea as to who we like. In following weeks, what are people thoughts on opening topics for each position and discussing them separately?

My FanDuel 50/50 Line-up for this week:

WR: Marshall, KAllen, VCruz
TE: Kelce

Basically, I am sticking with best matchups where I can, and following a bit of Jareds advice in playing safe in 50/50's. I have to imagine it is just dumb luck so far. I was really torn between Brees vs TB (who gives up the 8th most pts to QBs this year) and the value play in Ben (Jax gives up the most fantasy pts to QBs). RB was an easy call for me. ATL gives up the most fantasy pts, so Jennings feels safe. I LOVE Sankey's upside this week, plus he was cheap. Carolina in the bottom 10 of fantasy pts given up to WRs. I don't like it, but Marshall gets the redzone looks, even when he is hurt. Jets give up the 5th most pts to WRs, so why not try to get KA in there and do something. Plus he wasn't the highest priced WR on his own team this week, as that honor went to Royal. I hate VCruz with virtually every fiber in my body, so this is purely a system call. Not sure if its a good idea having Jennings and Cruz though. Kelce is cheap and on fire. I have come around on him. He looked great vs NE last week! Jax gives up the most FG att in the league, so Suisham it is. Seattle has struggled early, but this is the first of like 6 straight games that they should maul the opposing offense. I think its the first time I have taken a high priced D.

Hope this works out. Let me know what you think, and/or what changes I should consider.

Sankey is cheap but in a 50/50 be careful with a guy like that. He could get his and at his price point he probably doesn't even need to go off to do it, but he could also get Whiz'd and only touch the ball 8 times. Jennings will be highly owned across the industry this week - it will be interesting to see where he comes in on DK's Millionaire-Maker.

Your WRs should be good on FanDuel where I believe it is .5 PPR. Marshall is perfect for that type of scoring system right now. I also think Allen will get in the end zone this week. Cruz has a better price on FD than he does on DK so can't fault you there. You're spot on with Kelce - he is still minimum priced on DK although I expect this to be the final week for that.

In a 50-50 you should be ok, but I might look at a different RB. My tentative 50/50 on DK ($55,000 cap):

QB: Brees ($8900)
RB: Forte ($7800) Jennings ($5500)
WR: Manny Sanders ($5100) Benjamin ($4800) Keenan Allen ($5800)
TE: Kelce ($3000)
Flex: Gio ($6700)
DST: NYG ($2400)

The pricing on DK is really soft this week - probably because of Millionaire Maker. I have the highest priced RB in Forte and the second highest priced QB in Brees and it was still pretty easy to create a solid lineup. DK is PPR so that factored into going after Gio with my Flex. Again, this is fluid but as now it is what I have.
Slim Roethlisberger - A Show Me Your TD's Production

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Lamar Miller, Ellington, Gio, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Devonte Freeman
WR - Damaryius, Jordy, JMatt, Charles Johnson, Quick, Toon
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

https://bestplayeravailable.wordpress.com

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

Postby CrackedAces » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Alright, after sitting and debating the advice, I finally feel comfortable with the decision. I have made the following changes:

Marshall out, Jeffrey in.
VCruz out, KBenjamin in
Kelce out, Heath Miller in.

Current lineup now looks like this:

WR: Jeffrey, KAllen, KBen
TE: HMiller

I am really hoping that Carolina overplays Marshall to shut him down, thus opening the door for Jeffrey. And I really like that I could jettison VCruz for KBen as a result of it! As for Sankey, I totally hear what you are saying J, I just have this burning gut feeling about him this week. It's just one of those things that I am forced to listen to, as it doesn't happen very often. Plus, I couldn't find a RB at a higher price point avail, that I actually like this week.

jschmeltzer
Reef Shark

Postby jschmeltzer » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:13 pm

I decided to jump on board and join the draft kings big event.

QB Rivers
RB Gio/Bell
WR Allen/Maclin/Welker
TE Kelce
Flex R. Jennings
DST Steelers
12 Team PPR (ESPN) 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
QB Kaep/Palmer
RB Lacy/Ball/Ellington/J.Bell/Starks
WR Cobb/Brown/Quick/Adams/Harvin
TE Bennett/Wright

12 Team FFPC PPR(TE 1.5) 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 FLEX
QB Brees/Foles
RB Gio/Spiller/Ridley/Asiata/Sankey/Polk/Blue
WR Cruz/Boldin/Quick/Hunter/Shorts
TE Jimmy

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

Postby CrackedAces » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:35 pm

jschmeltzer wrote:I decided to jump on board and join the draft kings big event.

QB Rivers
RB Gio/Bell
WR Allen/Maclin/Welker
TE Kelce
Flex R. Jennings
DST Steelers

Only guy I don't care for there is Welker, but there has to be one guy we don't like, right???

Very nice lineup!!

golgothapark
Reef Shark

Postby golgothapark » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:56 pm

Great...after reading this, I had to go over to DraftKings and see what this millionaire maker was about. Now I'm playing on Fanduel and DK...Ugh.... :D
My league - c. 1993 - $300.00 Auction, PPR scoring start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/K/D
Draft with set roster spot. Can drop k/D for xtra RB/WR/Te in season
End of season we roll over any players in playoffs into our playoff league

Kapernick $9, Palmer $6
Peterson $94, Lynch $80, Ingram $6, K. Davis P/u .Crowell P/U, Asiata p/U, Ch. Sims
Cruz $45, Michael Floyd $10 Keeper, Wright $ 24, Maclin $1 Keeper, mal. Floyd, Woods
Kelce $8,S-Jenkins p/u
Haushka, Parkey
N.O

High bids:Charles $117, McCoy $110.00,Calvin $98, Peterson $94, D. Thomas $94

soup2345
Great White

Postby soup2345 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:21 pm

This week I did 8 of the $1 GPPs with varying lineups for giggles but I also did one of the $25 GPP which I will post. It's got over 69k entries so the odds are extremely low of ever winning one but even finishing in the top 1000 is pretty profitable

My lineup

Bortles (6400)
Ball (7500) K. Robinson (4900)
Julio (8800 D. Thomas (8600) A. Robinson (5000)
Graham (7900)
Tucker (5300)
Chargers (5400)

I like this lineup but I am not a huge fan of Montee ball. I am going for more of the underused long shots since he will probably be only used in under 5% of all lineups this week.

jschmeltzer
Reef Shark

Postby jschmeltzer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Going with ball is a "ballsy" (pun intended) move just because of the Run D of the cardinals but you could be looking at a large upside due to that 5%.

I feel like its always that one guy no one picks is the reason someone wins I'm just hoping its welker.
12 Team PPR (ESPN) 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
QB Kaep/Palmer
RB Lacy/Ball/Ellington/J.Bell/Starks
WR Cobb/Brown/Quick/Adams/Harvin
TE Bennett/Wright

12 Team FFPC PPR(TE 1.5) 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 FLEX
QB Brees/Foles
RB Gio/Spiller/Ridley/Asiata/Sankey/Polk/Blue
WR Cruz/Boldin/Quick/Hunter/Shorts
TE Jimmy

jakam31
Great White

Postby jakam31 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:58 pm

My final 50/50 Lineup on DraftKings:

Brees
Reggie Bush/Jennings
Kelvin Benjamin/Manny Sanders/Maclin
Graham
Ivory
Chargers

Good Luck - Cash A Lineup Today!

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Lamar Miller, Ellington, Gio, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Devonte Freeman
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

QuarterDMG
DRAFT SHARK

Postby QuarterDMG » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:37 am

Just to try and help out I'll post my only cash this week (did 4 lineups):

50/50 league

Rivers
Ellington/Jennings
Hawkins/Maclin/Tate
Graham
Parkey
DEN

Currently 6th out of 100 and shouldn't drop more than 3 or 4 spots after Monday.

jakam31
Great White

Postby jakam31 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:46 pm

jakam31 wrote:My final 50/50 Lineup on DraftKings:

Brees
Reggie Bush/Jennings
Kelvin Benjamin/Manny Sanders/Maclin
Graham
Ivory
Chargers

Good Luck - Cash A Lineup Today!

Bush, Jennings, Graham all got hurt. The Jets got mauled. It happens.

Try again next week.

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

soup2345
Great White

Postby soup2345 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:53 am

soup2345 wrote:This week I did 8 of the $1 GPPs with varying lineups for giggles but I also did one of the $25 GPP which I will post. It's got over 69k entries so the odds are extremely low of ever winning one but even finishing in the top 1000 is pretty profitable

My lineup

Bortles (6400)
Ball (7500) K. Robinson (4900)
Julio (8800 D. Thomas (8600) A. Robinson (5000)
Graham (7900)
Tucker (5300)
Chargers (5400)

I like this lineup but I am not a huge fan of Montee ball. I am going for more of the underused long shots since he will probably be only used in under 5% of all lineups this week.

This lineup only scored 117 points but it managed to cash in the tourney. $25 entry and it paid $60.
I really messed up playing Ball this week, but D.Thomas bailed me out.

Return to “Daily Games”