Week 6 Usuage Percentages

Thoughts, analysis and advice on daily fantasy games. Make that money!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

soup2345
Great White

Week 6 Usuage Percentages

Postby soup2345 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:55 pm

So obviously I won the "Least Productive Employee" award today at work....

Not sure if this is helpful to anyone else, but these are the percentages of usage in the large tourneys on Fanduel. These numbers are from the tourneys that include Thurs-Monday games. Keep in mind that the percentages will change very slightly for any tourney that you enter that only include the Sunday and Monday games.

I like to use these to see what the public is doing and any player that is used too heavily generally is someone that I will avoid. Hope this is helpful. Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to help any way that I can. If you see a player I didn't list let me know and I will be happy to find him for you.

***These are the guys that wont be on any of my lineups due to the high usage***
Peyton
Golden Tate
Oliver
Andre Williams
Bennett
Gould
Broncos
Not saying they wont have nice weeks, but I don't like using them tourneys this week

QB
Peyton 15%
Eli 14%
Rivers 10%
Wilson 10%
Ryan 9%
Cutler 5%
Rodgers 4%
Kaepernick 3%
Flacco 3%
Bridgewater 2.5%
Rothleisberger 2%
Brady 2%
Foles 2%
Hoyer 2%
Stafford 1%
Davis 1%
Cousins 1%
Bortles 0.5%
Orton 0.4%
Romo 0.3%

RB
Oliver 33%
Andre Williams 22%
Forte 17%
Ellington 13%
L Bell 11%
Forsett 10%
Lynch 9%
Lacy 8%
Gore 8%
Hillman 6%
McCoy 5%
Tate 5%
Gio 4.7%
Asiata 3%
Sproles 3%
Ivory 2%
J Bell 1.8%
Sankey 1.6%
Morris 1%
Storm Johnson >1%
Doug Martin >1%

WR
Tate 33%
DThomas 15%
Jordy 15%
Sanu 14%
Julio 13%
Quick 12%
Sanders 12%
Jeffrey 11%
A Brown 10%
Marshall 9%
Harvin 8%
Cruz 7%
Welker 7%
Royal 7%
Cruz 7%
Odel 6%
Wright 6%
Maclin 6%
Allen 5%
Cobb 5%
Randle 5%
Benjamin 5%
Wallace 4%
Torrey Smith 3%
Edelman 3%
R. White3%
Hunter 3%
Watkins 2%
Hurns 2%
Floyd 2%
Terrance Williams 2%
Garcon 1%
Robinson 1%
Boldin 1%

TE
Bennett 17%
Gates 15%
Walker 11%
J Thomas 9%
Miller 7%
Daniels 6%
Olsen 5%
Donnell 5%
Gronk 5%
Ertz 3%
Cook 2%
Cameron 1.8%
Witten 1.5%
Paul 1%
V Davis >1%

K
Gould 24%
Suisham 10%
every other kicker is 7% or lower

Defense
Broncos 22%
Charges 12%
Titans 8%
Packers 8%
Seahawks 5%
Skins 5%
49ers 5%
Jags 3%
Rams 2%
Cincy 2%
Vikes 1%
Pitt 1%
Cowboys >1%

Warrior17
Rookie

Re: Week 6 Usuage Percentages

Postby Warrior17 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:14 am

Just curious, why would you exclude ALL of those highly played for the week players from your lineup? I am thinking you could sprinkle them in and with some luck you could win. I have only been trying the daily stuff for the last 3 weeks with mixed results. They will not let me play beginner games on DraftKings anymore, so I must be do something right some of the time. :twisted:

soup2345
Great White

Postby soup2345 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:09 pm

Warrior17 wrote:Just curious, why would you exclude ALL of those highly played for the week players from your lineup? I am thinking you could sprinkle them in and with some luck you could win. I have only been trying the daily stuff for the last 3 weeks with mixed results. They will not let me play beginner games on DraftKings anymore, so I must be do something right some of the time. :twisted:

Mainly just personal preference. There is certainly nothing wrong with using any of those guys listed, because I imagine that some of them will have nice games. The reason I typically don't use them is you get an big advantage over those lineups in the GPPs if they bust that week and you can manage to pick the under used similar priced player.

Take Oliver this week for instance....he is used in about 1/3 of the entries. Say he lays an egg this week or gets hurt on the first drive. You automatically get a boost over 1/3 of the entries at that position, especially if you can manage to pick an alternative guy who has a nice week. (Ex JBell, Sankey, Doug Martin). If Oliver were to bust and you somehow had Doug Martin in your lineup where he went off, you can see the huge statistical advantage you would get. Granted Martin has really shown no signs of having that big game, but that's the risk you have to be willing to take to place high in the large GPPs.

It's similar to betting on point spreads....when large majority of people are betting on a certain team, I always take the opposite team. More often than not, the public is usually wrong

In those GPPs there is so much luck involved that there is clearly an infinite number of ways to build your lineup, and I am not saying my way is the correct way by any means. Using this method can certainly lead to some weeks where your lineup really craps the bed and you put up some low numbers. But on the other hand, when you hit on a couple of guys that no one uses that week, you can quickly shoot up the leaderboard. The way I look at the GPPs is they are lotto tickets and majority of them that I enter are only $1. I am not looking to grind out profits in these or anything, I just do them for fun and for the off chance that you pull a DS Kevin and score a pig payday.

Damn Yankee
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Damn Yankee » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:48 pm

I'd love to see a post week stat breakdown of the percentage of these players that are on rosters that are in the money overall. Do the sites provide that information?

It would help me understand just how important it is to avoid players that a lot of people are using, or the "sprinkle in" theory mentioned here.
If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand - Phil Helmuth

soup2345
Great White

Postby soup2345 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:18 pm

On any tourney that you enter you can check the leaderboard and see each and every entry if you like and that will give you an idea of who was used and their percentages but I don't know of any stats specifically provided by fanduel that says how many times a specific player was used in entries that cashed. That would be incredibly helpful though.

Does anyone have an idea where we could compile that info or find it other than manually looking at each individual entry?

Return to “Daily Games”