Week 7 value options

Thoughts, analysis and advice on daily fantasy games. Make that money!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

soup2345
Great White

Week 7 value options

Postby soup2345 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Any values jumping out to anyone this week?

I haven't spent much time looking at it yet but here are a few guys I like so far as nice values

Qb
Hoyer-(6400) If you are like me an like to punt on the qb position to splurge on RBs/WRs then Hoyer is a nice play this week vs Jax. 15 -20 is not out of the question from him this week

Cousins--(7200) I think he could end up having a nice game and would certainly be scarcely used in tourney entries.

Rb
Williams (6300) he burned a lot of people last week who expected a monster game out of him. Cowboys are not great against the run and he should see plenty of touches which is all u can ask for in a value play like Williams

Ellington. (7100). Playing Oakland and he carries lots of upside and comes much cheaper than the other rb1s.

WR
Davonte Adams (5200) he was targeted in the red zone several times last week and you could stack him Jeffrey or Cobb to have a nice packer stack this week.

Te
Reed (5400). I am stubborn and refuse to pick the expensive TEs for some reason. I think Reed could easily see 10 or more targets and they are playing tenn.

Will try to update with more closer to the weekend...anyone else have some hidden gems this week?

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Week 7 value options

Postby docjr03 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Adams was on my list as well as Ellington. I think I'm going Charles as my other back based on how my budget worked out, and I am going to give Tate another crack at it. I am going with a "safer" roster this week for the 50/50's just to see how it works out.
12 team, .75PPR, 1pp10 yd ru, 1pp 8yd rec
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 RB Foster, Gio, R. Bush, Hyde, Blue
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 TE Rudolph, D. Allen, Cameron
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey
Def: streaming

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

Postby CrackedAces » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:59 pm

At QB, Hoyer is obviously good value. Question is, will he pass for enough TDs or will Clev run the ball all over Jax? Jax sucks at both, so who knows? Price wise he is great, but after my first cash last week, I am starting to see a trend in the 50/50's. The winning teams have the top QBs. The Tourny winners have the long shots. I think Hoyer is the tourny play this week, but give me Rodgers or Luck this week in a 50/50.

At RB, I like Forsett at $6200. ATL run defense is swiss cheese. Also allows you to get a top end RB to pair with him. I also like Ellington at $7100 vs Oak and Tate at $7300 vs Jax this week.

At WR, I am on board with Adams at $5200. I am pairing him with Jordy and Rodgers on one team this week. I think ARod shreds the Carolina D this week. I also like LaFell at $5400. Brady seems to be looking for him now. While he may not be option #1, he is 6th in the league at 18.8yds per catch. That's a pretty sweet number. He can do a lot with a little.

TE, I want one and only one guy. Gronk. Based on pts per $, he is one of the best values out there this week.

Nothing at K or Def jump out at me this week.

soup2345
Great White

Postby soup2345 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:45 pm

CrackedAces wrote:At QB, Hoyer is obviously good value. Question is, will he pass for enough TDs or will Clev run the ball all over Jax? Jax sucks at both, so who knows? Price wise he is great, but after my first cash last week, I am starting to see a trend in the 50/50's. The winning teams have the top QBs. The Tourny winners have the long shots. I think Hoyer is the tourny play this week, but give me Rodgers or Luck this week in a 50/50.

At RB, I like Forsett at $6200. ATL run defense is swiss cheese. Also allows you to get a top end RB to pair with him. I also like Ellington at $7100 vs Oak and Tate at $7300 vs Jax this week.

At WR, I am on board with Adams at $5200. I am pairing him with Jordy and Rodgers on one team this week. I think ARod shreds the Carolina D this week. I also like LaFell at $5400. Brady seems to be looking for him now. While he may not be option #1, he is 6th in the league at 18.8yds per catch. That's a pretty sweet number. He can do a lot with a little.

TE, I want one and only one guy. Gronk. Based on pts per $, he is one of the best values out there this week.

Nothing at K or Def jump out at me this week.

Totally agree with cracked and doc here....I should've been more specific in my post and state that I use those options for mostly the large tourneys.
In the 50/50s I typically always pay up for a high end qb and wr1. I like much more safe players with higher floors in the 50/50 games.

Damn Yankee
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Damn Yankee » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:48 pm

soup2345 wrote:Any values jumping out to anyone this week?

I haven't spent much time looking at it yet but here are a few guys I like so far as nice values

Qb
Hoyer-(6400) If you are like me an like to punt on the qb position to splurge on RBs/WRs then Hoyer is a nice play this week vs Jax. 15 -20 is not out of the question from him this week

Cousins--(7200) I think he could end up having a nice game and would certainly be scarcely used in tourney entries.

Rb
Williams (6300) he burned a lot of people last week who expected a monster game out of him. Cowboys are not great against the run and he should see plenty of touches which is all u can ask for in a value play like Williams

Ellington. (7100). Playing Oakland and he carries lots of upside and comes much cheaper than the other rb1s.

WR
Davonte Adams (5200) he was targeted in the red zone several times last week and you could stack him Jeffrey or Cobb to have a nice packer stack this week.

Te
Reed (5400). I am stubborn and refuse to pick the expensive TEs for some reason. I think Reed could easily see 10 or more targets and they are playing tenn.

Will try to update with more closer to the weekend...anyone else have some hidden gems this week?

Let me ask...how you doing this year? Just curious if your theories and plays are working out for you more often than not. For me, they are not...I suck ballz at this.
If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand - Phil Helmuth

soup2345
Great White

Postby soup2345 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:58 pm

Just looked at my entry history and through week 6 I have entered 53 tourneys and cashed in 22 of them. Most of those "cashes" were winning only $5-$25 range but a win is a win. Not huge hauls by any stretch like DSKevin but I have grinded out a profit at least.

Not setting the world on fire but better than most I guess.

I typically play around 10 tourneys per week...most of them the $1 or $2 dollar entry variety.

I started the year with a $50 deposit on fanduel and this morning my bankroll was $190.

I am by no means an expert or claim to be. I do really like constructing tourney entries and hope to one day pull down one of the big tourneys like DS Kevin did but I have no expectations of ever doing so.

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

Postby CrackedAces » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:50 pm

With the announcement of the Harvin trade today and Baldwin becoming the clear #1 WR in Seattle, Baldwin's $4800 price tag is gorgeous. STL has given up 8 TDs to WRs this year already. If you can, look hard at Baldwin so you can load up elsewhere!

Damn Yankee
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Damn Yankee » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:56 pm

soup2345 wrote:Just looked at my entry history and through week 6 I have entered 53 tourneys and cashed in 22 of them. Most of those "cashes" were winning only $5-$25 range but a win is a win. Not huge hauls by any stretch like DSKevin but I have grinded out a profit at least.

Not setting the world on fire but better than most I guess.

I typically play around 10 tourneys per week...most of them the $1 or $2 dollar entry variety.

I started the year with a $50 deposit on fanduel and this morning my bankroll was $190.

I am by no means an expert or claim to be. I do really like constructing tourney entries and hope to one day pull down one of the big tourneys like DS Kevin did but I have no expectations of ever doing so.

No this is good. I wasn't being snide, I am truly curious about your strategy success because I'm lost in the swamp with daily's right now.
If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand - Phil Helmuth

Warrior17
Rookie

Postby Warrior17 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:13 am

Good Luck for Week 7 everyone!

Return to “Daily Games”