Draft Sharks Twitter

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

DS Jared
Site Admin

Draft Sharks Twitter

Postby DS Jared » Mon May 18, 2009 6:20 pm

Like it or not (I come from the latter group), Twitter fever is catching on. In case you haven't heard, Draft Sharks now has a Twitter. We're feeding all of our Shark Bites to the page and also post miscellaneous comments from time to time.

If you're interested, head over to http://www.twitter.com/draftsharks
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

JetFan1983
Great White

Re: Draft Sharks Twitter

Postby JetFan1983 » Mon May 18, 2009 11:06 pm

DS Jared wrote:Like it or not (I come from the latter group), Twitter fever is catching on.

Haha, same here. There's just something about the word "twitter" that annoys me to no end. Thanks for the heads up though.
I wanna kiss you...I couldn't care less about the team.
- Joe Namath

maddog
DRAFT SHARK

Postby maddog » Tue May 19, 2009 12:51 am

JetFan1983 wrote:
DS Jared wrote:Like it or not (I come from the latter group), Twitter fever is catching on.

Haha, same here. There's just something about the word "twitter" that annoys me to no end. Thanks for the heads up though.

I agree I cant stand it!!
It's not how you start but how you finish!

Air Stich
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Air Stich » Tue May 19, 2009 12:17 pm

It seems that everyone I know dislikes twitter. I don't really know what twitter is, but I'm making a conscious effort to avoid it. If it's anything like the status updates on Facebook, then I'm not interested.

However, if DS is going to turn twitter into a valuable fantasy tool, then I might have to check it out.

poolypants
Great White

Postby poolypants » Sat May 23, 2009 3:27 pm

I have never gotten into twitter, either. I don't really get the point of it.

montanaxvi
Blue Shark

Postby montanaxvi » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:30 am

I haven't been too big into Twitter until I explored some of the options available to keep up with it on my Blackberry

Consider me a follower now!!!
He...Could...Go...All...the....Way..........But he doesn't

Crowdog
Reef Shark

Postby Crowdog » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:09 pm

I don't personally follow it, though I do enjoy hearing quotes on Sportscenter from athletes who aren't intelligent enough to avoid making guarantees or stupid comments via Twitter.

DS Jared
Site Admin

Postby DS Jared » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:09 pm

From the DraftSharks Blog...

The Twitter Revolution: http://blog.draftsharks.com/Default.aspx
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

MOSS YO
DRAFT SHARK

Postby MOSS YO » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:00 am

Im on it...but I only follow a select few

Funniest Tweets on the web belong to whoever is calling themselves The Real Ron Artest...dont know if it's really him...but it's friggin hilarious

I got DS on there but it seems to usually just be the same shark bite updates...not real necessary if you are a subscriber and already reading this

Might help DS get some new subscribers though.....just done blow up our spot too bad...I dont need any of my league memebers on here! lol

-MOSS YO!
"That guy doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades, and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words..."

- Bobby Bowden on one of his FSU linebackers

trunks2020
Reef Shark

Postby trunks2020 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:09 pm

I personally think that Twitter is incredibly stupid and is geared towards tween girls, but since I have a blackberry I'll probably sign up for it to keep up with draftsharks. The only other positive thing that has come from Twitter is Conan's twitter tracker on The Tonight Show.
I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are. --Homer Simpson
So I wish I could play little league now, I'd kick some fuckin' ass. --Mitch Hedberg
--------------------------------------

rayniak
Reef Shark

Postby rayniak » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:28 pm

I havent used Twitter yet but I will now to keep up to date with all the info!!!

DS Brett
Reef Shark

Postby DS Brett » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:41 pm

Twitter has broken more NFL stories this month than any major sports news outlet. There is no middle man, no production time. Just a journalist/player and 140 characters. Mark my words, any savvy fantasy owner will be manically refreshing Twitter in their browser every Sunday around 12:45pm eastern.
Brett Barclay
DraftSharks.com

"Nobody really compares to DS in terms of projections, analysis, updates, etc." --poolypants

maddog
DRAFT SHARK

Postby maddog » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:09 pm

maddog wrote:
JetFan1983 wrote:

I agree I cant stand it!!

I changed my stance on twitter. I was depressed I couldnt go to Cortland to see the Jets open up practice for its 5 hours away from me. So on the Jets website it said follow the Jets at camp using Twitter. Now Im getting updates every 5 minutes on whats going on at Jets camp. :D

Sanchez locked onto Wallace Wright to get picked by safety Eric Smith
Kris Jenkins got hurt this morning & is still on the trainers table

This is sick!!
It's not how you start but how you finish!

HeadFirst
Rookie

Postby HeadFirst » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Twitter? Tweet?

This is sick!!

That's the word I was looking for. Literally. Sorry.
Start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, D/st
No PPR. Pts/yd rec/rush & TDs w/bonus @ 100 yds
Deductions for fumbles lost or pics thrown
10 team league - 15 man max. rosters, not including IR.

QB: Flacco, Hasselbeck, Delhomme
RB: Chris Johnson, Tomlinson, Forsett, Fred Jackson
WR: Lee Evans, Housh, Jennings, Steve Smith NYG, Mason, Anthony Gonzalez
TE: Shockey, K: Feely, Def: Packers

drmoyer421
Reef Shark

Postby drmoyer421 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:45 pm

Those who mock twitter obviously havent used it. Yes for the most part it is geared for teenage people and narscasits, but it is turning into the media news breaking venue. Especially in the sports world it is the first person to tweet the info to break the scoop... wether it be the Farve story, trade info, injury news, etc. People like Adam Shefter, Chris Mort, Peter King, etc will tweet information before they go live on TV or in an online column. Even players and agents will give out news before they tell any media outlet. For example CJ Spiller tweeted on the eve of his birthday that it was going to be a "special one" leading most of his followers to believe he had signed his contract... news didnt break until the following day after that he had signed with the Bills and that it was agreed upon on that special birthday he had mentioned.

I am a follower and cant wait till this season to get that leg up on my competition using this new streamed media outlet.
.5pts per reception
1pt per 10 yards rush/rec.
1pt per 30 yards passing
6pts per TD

Return to “Shark Talk”