Dead boards

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

CircusDevils
Rookie
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:02 am

Dead boards

Postby CircusDevils » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:19 pm

What's going on with the message boards? Nobody posts anymore. Normally the boards are hopping during/after the Thursday night game with (over)reactions. I'm not a regular season insider anymore, so I'll be saying sayonara soon, but the boards were very disappointing this year.

Good luck all, see you next year.
12 team standard, QB,RB,WR,WR,TE,FLEX,K,DEF, all tds 6 pts

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 4129
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:38 pm

Re: Dead boards

Postby CrackedAces » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:55 pm

The problems with the message board this season are endless. I don't even know where to begin...........

User avatar
bigdog
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:24 am
Location: Detroit, Michigan

Re: Dead boards

Postby bigdog » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:42 pm

The problems aren't just with the message boards either...but I digress.

Guess we should be happy we have this much functionality.
QB – R.Wilson,J.McCown,D.Watson***
RB – D.Martin,D.Lewis,R.Burkhead,T.Cohen,J.Stewart,Jon Williams**,C.McCaffrey***,J.Howard**, D.Cobb*
WR/TE – D.Adams,S.Diggs,M.Crabtree,M.Lee,V.Davis,J.Reed,C.Clay,J.Strong*
K – H.Butker,J.Lambo
DEF – Chiefs, Broncos
* - Free Keeper until ’17,** - Free Keeper until ’18,*** - Free Keeper until ‘19

4 pts – pass td , -0.5 for int
6 pts – rush/rec td
0.5 pts - ppr
1 pt – 45 yds pass, 2 pt bonus @ 300 yds
1 pt – 15 yards rush/rec,1 pt bonus @ 100 yds rush,3 pt bonus @ 100 yds rec

cowboybob
Blue Shark
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Re: Dead boards

Postby cowboybob » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:56 pm

I tried to PM another member. Type the message....send....have to log in....retype....send...have to log in...rinse and repeat.

Then....same process to post. Never could get the PM sent.

What's really upsetting is that it's become apparent that DS doesn't give a damn. There seems to be a bunker mentality that we can't fix the problems, so we'll just ignore them. And the silence about all this is deafening.

There is a Captain to this ship, and he needs to man up, and at least address the issues and let us know what is being done to fix them. I actually have sympathy for Jared because he is the one that takes the flak, but obviously the problems are way beyond his control.

My rant for the day....I'll withdraw from this and not be aggravated anymore. It's no longer worth it to try to exchange ideas and get opinions. I don't pay money to be frustrated.

It's just not the message board. There is very little on this site that is actually working at a functional level that one can trust.
,

jakam31
Great White
Posts: 1452
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:57 am
Contact:

Re: Dead boards

Postby jakam31 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:36 pm

I just tried to login and reply and after I logged in and hit "Reply" it asked me to login again.

I am a member of this site mostly for the board - Probably 60%. The other 40% is made up of the MVP Board and some of the in-season articles. I really haven't found another community quite like this one when it comes to Fantasy Football specifically. I don't think I am alone in my use of the message boards and I hope they get something done soon. Sunday is a huge day for a lot of people back here and the last minute Sit-Start questions can be invaluable to people who post here. Something needs to be done.
Slim Roethlisberger - A Show Me Your TD's Production

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Lamar Miller, Ellington, Gio, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Devonte Freeman
WR - Damaryius, Jordy, JMatt, Charles Johnson, Quick, Toon
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

https://bestplayeravailable.wordpress.com

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK
Posts: 4129
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:38 pm

Re: Dead boards

Postby CrackedAces » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:14 pm

Message board isn't a priority. It's more important to have articles about stacking DFS leagues, and streaming QB's and D's. The 1-2 articles that get posted each day on average are far more important than fixing what the customer wants.

I think it's time to check out. :(

User avatar
DS Jared
Site Admin
Posts: 2828
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Dead boards

Postby DS Jared » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:24 pm

Ok guys ... I talked to our tech team about where we stand with the message board. Most of the issues are a result of a server reconfiguration we did to prepare for the busiest weeks in August (don't ask me details ... I'm not a tech nerd). We're flipping back to the original config on Thursday. At that point, the board should be running smoothly again.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.


Return to “Shark Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 1 guest