It's time

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

It's time

Postby CrackedAces » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Despite the drain circling around here this season the past two months, I stuck around, hoping that things would get fixed quickly, efficiently, and most importantly correctly. Unfortunately, none of that has happened. MVP boards have crashed during drafts, the message board is all sorts of messed up, ADP info isn't reflective of the majority of our drafts, depth charts not kept up to date, the list goes on and on. And while I was vocal about my displeasure, I stuck with DS, hoping that it would get better. Instead, I get this message from Jared posted below. Mouse over it and scroll down to see my response to him.

Yep, that's right people, if you voice your displeasure, Jared will threaten to ban you from the site. Never mind the fact that I have posted options on how to solve some problems, that I consistently provide advice to people that is appreciated, or that I post additional topics on the boards to keep some activity going. Nope, I voice my displeasure, and I get threatened with a ban.

Well Jared, I'll save you the trouble. You have proven that your customer service is a disgrace this pre-season. I lost confidence in the information being provided to us, but now to be disrespected as a paying customer like this, makes my decision to move on, oh so much easier.

If anyone wants to keep in touch, just post something in this thread, for however long it stays up (we all know Jared will rip it down the second he sees it), and someone will be in touch with you how to reach me. I would like to keep in touch with a number of you. In fact, too many to even remember them all. It's been a great run. I wish the members here the best of luck. As for you Jared, I hope Karma gets you right where you deserve.
Attachments
DS_Jared.jpg
DS_Jared.jpg (130.75 KiB) Viewed 1732 times

vafides
Blue Shark

Re: It's time

Postby vafides » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:48 pm

I have been burned by the MVP board during my snake draft as well.
It is frustrating. And in the growing industry, makes me wonder what else is out there.

DS has addressed the message board issue. Saying they will likely fix by Thursday. Tough timeframe during the biggest 7 day stretch of the year. But they did say they are working on it.

i agree with your process tho. I been with DS since 2011. And every year I think I say, I'm gonna try something else next year. Every year I keep coming back. But I think at the very least. And the fact that 75% of their content is discussed on their free podcast, i wonder what I am paying for.

ECK
Reef Shark

Postby ECK » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Wow this just solidifies the route this site is taking. Instead of trying to improve, it seems they just make excuses. I posted about the issues I have with them, but just got more excuses. They already got me on the damn autopayment, but I'm done once the membership runs out from that.

cowboybob
Blue Shark

Postby cowboybob » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:23 pm

I did try to PM you CA, to let you know how much I've appreciated you contributions, but I don't think they work either. It took me about 20 attempts just to post this. I would like to stay in touch.

Poobah
Great White

Postby Poobah » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:50 am

CA, you will be missed. I'm gonna have to wander over to Shark Tank this week and see how many current and former guys whose opinions are worth listening to are sharing info in real time...

jakam31
Great White

Postby jakam31 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:22 am

CA - Shoot me an email.

jakam31@yahoo.com
Slim Roethlisberger - A Show Me Your TD's Production

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Lamar Miller, Ellington, Gio, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Devonte Freeman
WR - Damaryius, Jordy, JMatt, Charles Johnson, Quick, Toon
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

https://bestplayeravailable.wordpress.com

TigerJoe
Blue Shark

Postby TigerJoe » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:53 am

Aces. I have prob. taken more of your posts to heart in regards to advice than others. No offense to the "others" as there are many awesome sharks out there. Omiller, soup, jakim, mossyo, just to name a few. Hate to see you go. Understood though given circumstances the way they are. If perhaps you are shooting out any mass emails to other sharks during the season, could you add me to the list, and I will read and reply, maybe ever so often w/ some opinions and outlooks of my own. Peace out CA. tiger_joe@sbcglobal.net Thanks

Damn Yankee
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Damn Yankee » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Long Time DS'ers....does that Jared response remind you of the old site admin from about 7-8 years ago, DS Miller or DS John or something like that? He was a colossal asshat with his behind the scenes bullying and message board nazi'ism, and we finally got rid of him. However, a lot of damage was done as a lot of great DS'ers of the time left or were kicked off by him before he "left" and went and started the DynastyRogues website (now defunct)...mainly for the message board because of the value that a good message board can bring. GreekLighting, mdimattei, tainter, etc. were all great contributors to this board driven away because they had the gall to complain about something, or point out something wrong.

So here we go again...losing another solid contributor to our beloved DS message board because he had the nerve to complain about the product. Sad commentary for customer service.
If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand - Phil Helmuth

Fesh Jimmy
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Fesh Jimmy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:27 am

IDK, is the response that bad? A football forum should have football chatter, not complaint chatter...of course, the complaints are justified, but nonetheless not a great use of posting...and now I'm sucked in!

I get the frustration though, the message board had been awesome years ago then went to low traffic and ended with huge malfunctions making it inoperable...and now I'm sucked in! This stuff can't go down week 1, including the main site, it's just a huge turnoff to customers. I'll ride through the storm and hope it'll be fixed

Best wishes CA!
CEO of the Marcus Mariota Fan Club

yesac316
DRAFT SHARK

Postby yesac316 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:25 am

Just when I thought I had forgotten the name John Miller forever...... :?

I chatted with CA in the Shark Tank on Sunday morning. Knew this was coming and no matter what anyone says he aint coming back. Seen alot of good dudes bail but I have a feeling this will be it for ALOT of folks.

Hobbes4166
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hobbes4166 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Sorry to see you leave CA - Best wishes
Dynasty 1 - PPR
QB - Rodgers Cutler
RB - L Miller, JHill LMurray CJ Anderson TMontgomery Perkins
WR - AHopkins EDecker Perriman KWhite THill ZJones MThomas
TE - JReed EEbron VDavis

Dynasty 2 - PPR
QB - Wilson, Cousins, Kizer
RB - ADP Freeman TColeman Dixon Kelley Mack Murray
WR - ABrown JNelson MBryant TLockett MWilliams Meredith
TE - Graham Everett Gathers

Dynasty 3 - PPR
QB - Wilson Manning Prescott
RB - DJohnson JHill McCoy Abdullah Hunt Carson Cohen
WR - Jeffery KBenjamin DJax, PGarcon, Tate Pryor MWall
TE - Reed Kelce Kittles

NancyBoy08
Great White

Postby NancyBoy08 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:45 pm

smelltheglove06@gmail.com

Drop me a line anytime, brother. Sad to see you go.
My name is Peaches and I'm the best.

NancyBoy08
Great White

Postby NancyBoy08 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:47 pm

And by the by, this thread reminded me I no longer want to be on auto renewal. I've been a loyal DS guy for something like 9 or 10 years but given this drama and, really, a handful of other issues I may at least look around before next year.
My name is Peaches and I'm the best.

BabaORiley
DRAFT SHARK

Postby BabaORiley » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:39 am

Gah, bringing up John Miller just made me pour a triple scotch down my gullet in record time. I think Jared is just trying to steer the discussion back toward football here, though in general I don't prefer banning people from a paid site unless certain rules are broken. That said, DS acknowledged the issues with the site and committed to fixing them. I had an MVP Board go out on me mid-draft, but I had done enough prep that it didn't matter. I always just export to an Excel spreadsheet, tweak as I see fit, separate into tiers, then highlight my "targets" at each position.

Here's my John Miller story, since it was brought up and all. This was after I made a semi-drunk, tongue-in-cheek post with the title "Rest of Way Wankings" that was kinda smacking back at something to do with DS refusing to acknowledge that Joe Addai was going to win the starting RB job for the Colts over Dom Rhodes as a rookie, if only because of his ability to keep Peyton clean. It was more a poke at how stubborn some people were with the insistence being that a rookie wouldn't be trusted in a Manning-led offense. Anyway, I posted my thoughts, expecting nothing more than some good-natured ribbing and really not trying to be personal in any way than to remind DS that they could go back on their original thoughts and we, the readers, would respect that move. Then I get this PM from John.

"We will not accept you calling our work "Wankings"..... Do you know what a "Wanker" is. (?) Have some respect or leave. The Rest of Way Rankings aren't even updated this week yet.... I will ban you the next time you spout off. Your choice. Try me.

John"

All I could think was: "Dude, you're going to ban me for making a play on words that involved the word 'wankings'? That's some thin, thin skin."

Look, these message boards used to be gold. I don't think it's any fault of the DS team that it isn't as active these days - it's just that we're older. Hell, I used to LOOOOOVE just posting the Weekly Pick 5 and shooting the proverbial poop with a lot of you, but then I had kids. And then those kids started to turn into little people. I came on tonight to see if anyone had posted "CJ Anderson is the 1st round bust for 2015" thread because he sure looks like it thus far, but came across this and got a little nostalgic about the time John Miller almost banned me. Carry on, gentlemen.
2013-2014 Pick 5 YTD: 29-36
Week 13: 2-3

Damn Yankee
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Damn Yankee » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:28 pm

LOL...so funny Baba...I got a couple of those ban/posts from John myself for tongue-in-cheek comments. He was such a colossal asshat.
If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand - Phil Helmuth

Return to “Shark Talk”