Big 3 Revisited

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Big 3 Revisited

Postby Hornsfan78 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:21 pm

First of all, Happy New Year to all the Sharks!

So, being a little bored without a team in any bowl game, and fantasy playoffs being over, I started thinking about who ended up actually being the Big 3 for 2015. So below are my thoughts. Looking forward to some fun debate.

1st Round Bust - Eddie Lacy. I think this one is pretty easy if you ignore down years due to injury (Luck). Honorable mention - CJ Anderson (although partially injury related).

Comeback - Ignoring coming back from injury (Palmer) or suspension (AP), I'm going with Cam Newton. Finished as a top-5 QB in 2013, then out of the top-10 in 2014, before blowing up this year. Made a believer out of me. Honorable mention - Doug Martin.

Breakout Player - Several candidates here that should be fun to watch in the coming years. I think my vote goes to Bortles who really played well this year and looks like the real deal. Honorable mention: Todd Gurley. Arguments could also made for Devonte Freeman, Jeremy Langford, David Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins.

OK, discuss.
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), T Taylor (WW)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) J Gordon (WW) K Cupp (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

Sean1022
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Big 3 Revisited

Postby Sean1022 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:09 pm

I agree with Lacy as the 1st round bust. He gets the nod from me because he was in the discussion for the #1 overall pick and was really bad.

If you take out guys like Palmer returning from an injury, I can buy into cam as the comeback player. In addition to Martin, I would also consider Fitzgerald or B Marshall. Fitz probably fits the comeback player definition better than Marshall, but man Marshall has been so good this year and was really written off when he went to the jets. Consideration could be given too DeAngelo Williams as well.

Breakout player is interesting. Bortles is a good one, but I think I would give it to Allen Robinson. He was a trendy breakout player to start the season and didn't disappoint. Personally, I think he is an easy top 5 WR going into next year. I love David Johnson (dude carried me multiple championships), but I don't think he carried the load enough to qualify. Gurley is absolutely part of the conversation as well.
teams 1 and 2 - 1 pt 10 yds rushing/rec, 1 ppr, 6 td, 1 pt 25 yds passing, 4 tds

Team 1 (10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te
qb: Brady, Wentz
rb: Dalvin Cook, B. Powell, J. White, A. Kamara
wr: Green, M. Thomas, B. Cooks, S. Diggs, T. Williams, JJ Nelson
te: Ertz, Doyle

team 2(10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex (rb, wr, te)
qb: Mariota, Wilson
Rb: D. Murray, Fournette, D. Henry, Riddick
wr: A. Brown, K. Allen, S. Diggs, Crowder
te: stream

Arsenal
Reef Shark

Postby Arsenal » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:07 am

1st round bust - I agree Lacy takes the cake, but don't right off Dez Bryant here either. Of course the injury factor of both him and Romo comes into play, but for any owners that kept him after week 1 (me :oops: ) hoping for some playoff magic, we were bitterly disappointed.

Comeback pick - I have to go with Fitz here. He was virtually left for dead in drafts and after last year, hardly anyone expected much at all from him this year rather than maybe some WR3 spot starts. The season he had was near his prime days, he really "came back" this year.

Breakout player - In my opinion, Devonta Freeman without a doubt. The guy was the #1 RB in most scoring formats, possibly all? He was expected to be in a timeshare with a rookie RB that was actually getting more hype as the better value and in a pass heavy offense. Freeman went about the 8th - 10th round in most drafts and again, finished as the #1 RB. With all due respect, this one is Freeman, case closed.

Happy New Year!!

homer
DRAFT SHARK

Postby homer » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:50 am

FIrst Round Bust - Lacy, without a doubt.

Comeback - Fitzgerald, he went from 49th to 7th WR. I was going to go DeAngelo Williams, but he missed 9 games last year. You all said no injuries so I did not pick him.

Breakout - Freeman with no doubt. Nobody figured he would be First at the year end. I also think he will never have a year like this one again.

Happy New Year to all.

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

Postby skiballs68 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:55 pm

I can't argue with Lacy as FRB, given his preseason ADP. And he really jilted owners at times with mystifying gooseegg games.

I'll vote Marshall for CBPOY. He had his best season as a pro and provided the best fantasy floor of any WR all year. Fitzy started hot, but really turned in some ho-hum weeks in the back half of the season, where Marshall provided league winning weeks down the stretch.

Freeman absolutely has to be BOPOY. His hot streak in weeks 3-6 was unmatched by anyone not nicknamed "LT". Gurley and A-Rob certainly get honorable mentions. And really, how about Jordan Reed and Tyler Eifert? Reed sizzled with Cousins at the helm after returning from his concussion this year. Eifert was a dominant RZ weapon- can we send Eifert's TD film to Andy Reid? Maybe he'd get a clue on how to use Kelce.

Return to “Shark Talk”