No Winners Thread This Year?

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

QuarterDMG
DRAFT SHARK

No Winners Thread This Year?

Postby QuarterDMG » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:11 pm

How did your season end up?

I won last year by .4 in the title game when my opponent failed to score more than 3.4 on MNF with AJ Green and Connor Barth.

This year I played the same opponent and lost by 1.5. That is, until the stat corrections came through on Thursday and I ended beating him again by .4!

Sean1022
DRAFT SHARK

Re: No Winners Thread This Year?

Postby Sean1022 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:44 am

What are the chances that would happen in back to back years...that guy has to be bitter.

I won one redraft league in easy fashion. Also won 2 MFL draft only leagues. Took second in another. Mainly because I loaded on WRs early and drafted d freeman, David Johnson and d Williams in all leagues late. Ended up working out.

I also went 0-14 in a PPR keeper league where I kept Murray and J Matthews. I also drafted TERRIBLE...at least I get to welcome Antonio brown to my team with the #1 overall pick next year!
teams 1 and 2 - 1 pt 10 yds rushing/rec, 1 ppr, 6 td, 1 pt 25 yds passing, 4 tds

Team 1 (10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te
qb: Brady, Wentz
rb: Dalvin Cook, B. Powell, J. White, A. Kamara
wr: Green, M. Thomas, B. Cooks, S. Diggs, T. Williams, JJ Nelson
te: Ertz, Doyle

team 2(10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex (rb, wr, te)
qb: Mariota, Wilson
Rb: D. Murray, Fournette, D. Henry, Riddick
wr: A. Brown, K. Allen, S. Diggs, Crowder
te: stream

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:45 pm

1 league I drafted Bradford and had the Denver RB carousal. Stewarts, Julio, Sanders and Bryant(Reed later on) held down the fort, but my team wasn't worthy. Could have def surprised here and there though

2nd league, we were dominant, but only just snuck into the playoffs(3rd highest pts). Week 14, Gronk has the questionable tag and benched Lockett last minute. Had we played those, we won easily and easily were high scorers week 15/16.. Should have been ours

3rd league is a Week 17 league and on paper we should get rocked easily. Doesn't help we lost Powell and Fitz will be playing in the snow.
Non PPR but QB heavy with pt per completion

Me: Bench: Powell, Carr, Cj, Hillman, P.Thomas,Murray,Gray) Grabbed RB's in case they would get 20 touches
Fitz or Carr
DT
Cooks
Bryant
Martin
Jennings
Heath Miller
Aiken
Langford
Santos
Chiefs

Him:
Brady
Julio
John Brown
K. Martin
Deangelo
David Johnson
Barnidge
L.MurraY
T. Mason
Boswel
Broncos

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:12 pm

In the league in the sig I started out 0-5, then won 7 of the last 8 to make the playoffs as the 3 seed. Lost in the Wild Card Round by .6 to a team with Russell Wilson's 5 TD's (and not much else). Rawls broke his ankle in the 1st quarter and Roth threw 2 picks and no TD's for my team that week. It still came down to Monday night. I had Landry and he was done. Every yard mattered and my guys came up 6 yards short. A shame, because I would have easily won the next 2 weeks and claimed the title once again.

In the DS League I lost Jordy as my 2nd Round Keeper during the draft. Having Leveon Bell and Dion Lewis helped for a while, but, ultimately, it is a very competitive league and I finished 7th.
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), T Taylor (WW)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) J Gordon (WW) K Cupp (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

Poobah
Great White

Postby Poobah » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:57 pm

Three leagues, combined 30-15 record. Winning 2 out of every 3 games was the goal, so that was good!

In my oldest league (next year is the 20th) I was the defending champ, started 6-1. Fell to 6-5, lost Le'Veon Bell, changed my team name to the Dumpster Fires, and was convinced this was my worst team. Found Doug Baldwin on the waiver wire, didn't lose again, upset the 12-1 #1 seed in the finals. Got my 5th championship there, no one else has more than 3.
Started 9-1 in my other keeper league, lost 3 in a row but still got a bye, lost 124-119.5 in the finals, to a team finishing off a 3-peat. *shrug*
Missed the playoffs in my third league, where only 4 teams out of 12 advance, but went 9-5 and had the best record of any non-playoff team.

Second year in a row with a 1st and 2nd-place finish in 3 leagues, so it was a good year overall...

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 am

omiller315 wrote:1 league I drafted Bradford and had the Denver RB carousal. Stewarts, Julio, Sanders and Bryant(Reed later on) held down the fort, but my team wasn't worthy. Could have def surprised here and there though

2nd league, we were dominant, but only just snuck into the playoffs(3rd highest pts). Week 14, Gronk has the questionable tag and benched Lockett last minute. Had we played those, we won easily and easily were high scorers week 15/16.. Should have been ours

3rd league is a Week 17 league and on paper we should get rocked easily. Doesn't help we lost Powell and Fitz will be playing in the snow.
Non PPR but QB heavy with pt per completion

Me: Bench: Powell, Carr, Cj, Hillman, P.Thomas,Murray,Gray) Grabbed RB's in case they would get 20 touches
Fitz or Carr
DT
Cooks
Bryant
Martin
Jennings
Heath Miller
Aiken---SWAPPED FOR MURRAY
Langford
Santos
Chiefs

Him:
Brady
Julio
John Brown
K. Martin
Deangelo
David Johnson
Barnidge
L.MurraY
T. Mason
Boswel
Broncos

Started with Gurley sitting , Deangelo getting hurt, and the rest of his team layed an egg. Only 4th time someone failed to score 100 in this league this year. Nice to win, but they don't pay transactions and pay 4 spots, so the $50 entry will be stretched thin. Yeah well. A win is a win.

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

Postby skiballs68 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:20 pm

I drafted 3 MFL10's and won 1, with Freeman and Jordan Reed doing a lot of heavy lifting. Funny that Alex Smith was really my only QB as I drafted Kaep and Geno for that team in July.

I did three seasonal, with one being the DS Keeper. Made the playoffs in all 3, but couldn't bring home a title in any. Toughest to take was probably the 2.7 point loss is DS Keeper where I lost Odell to the week 16 suspension.
My long time home league team held the season high point total and then flamed out in the semis and the consolation round. Finished 4th, and got my entry fee back. Felt like a waste of six months, honestly.

Tried DFS for first time, and lost a bit of cash. I stayed pretty small time, and it's been a learning experience. We'll see if it stays legal in IL for 2016...

jelmann
Blue Shark

Postby jelmann » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:41 am

1. Won my dynasty league. Even after losing my keepers Jordy Nelson and Leveon Bell to injury. Traded for Cam Newton before the season started and traded away Romo for Mike Evans.
2. 4th place after having a bye week in another league
3. 9th place in another league.

homer
DRAFT SHARK

Postby homer » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:47 am

4 - 1st place
2 - 2nd place

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:22 pm

homer wrote:4 - 1st place
2 - 2nd place

Nice!
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), T Taylor (WW)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) A Kamara (16) Darkwa (WW) Burkhead (WW)
Woodhead (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) J Gordon (WW) K Cupp (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

homer
DRAFT SHARK

Postby homer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:00 am

Hornsfan78 wrote:
homer wrote:4 - 1st place
2 - 2nd place

Nice!

Thanks Horns

I was kind of down on myself because I didnt do better, but getting pat on the back from you is cool. Thanks again

soupcam
Blue Shark

Postby soupcam » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Home league (sig team) - Came in second place, won $700 on a $200 buy-in
RotoBowl - 3rd Place in the 12 team league. Won nothing on a $350 buy-in
MFL10 - Entered one and won it. Hard to believe since my 2-3-4 picks were Hill, Benjamin, Abdullah. Must have gotten lucky with the field of owners I competed with (also, Brady, Julio, Robinson and Hurns went a long way)
Fanduel - Played mostly $2-5 tournaments, one or two per week. Ended season up around $400, with a couple of decent $100+ wins (including the week 1 Draftsharks tourney).

Not a bad year overall. I would trade it all to have won my home league title though.
12 teams - 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLX/1K/1D
YARDS: 1pt per 25 passing, 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving
ALL TD=6 pts. PPR=1/2 pt. ALL T/O = -2 pts.
Team Bonus: 6 point bonuses if your starters combine for any of the following:
300+ passing yards, 200+ rushing yards, 300+ receiving yards
QB: Brady RB: D. Martin, McCaffery, Gallman, McGuire, Cohen, David Johnson
WR: D. Parker, D. Jackson, M. Bryant, R. Matthews, Jaron Brown TE: Walker D: Chiefs

Smittypng
Blue Shark

Postby Smittypng » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:23 am

Played in two big money leagues, both were ten team ppr leagues.
Won the Superbowl in one winning title game 173.65 to 171.65.
Second league didn't even make the playoffs.
Cant wait til next year.

Hobbes4166
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hobbes4166 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:12 am

1 championship
2 semi final losses including one where I had the best team by far (total points champ by 10%+), lost by 2 points and would have won the championship going away (no, I'm not bitter :-) )
1 where I have the 2nd pick.....
Dynasty 1 - PPR
QB - Rodgers Cutler
RB - L Miller, JHill LMurray CJ Anderson TMontgomery Perkins
WR - AHopkins EDecker Perriman KWhite THill ZJones MThomas
TE - JReed EEbron VDavis

Dynasty 2 - PPR
QB - Wilson, Cousins, Kizer
RB - ADP Freeman TColeman Dixon Kelley Mack Murray
WR - ABrown JNelson MBryant TLockett MWilliams Meredith
TE - Graham Everett Gathers

Dynasty 3 - PPR
QB - Wilson Manning Prescott
RB - DJohnson JHill McCoy Abdullah Hunt Carson Cohen
WR - Jeffery KBenjamin DJax, PGarcon, Tate Pryor MWall
TE - Reed Kelce Kittles

meanmachine
Blue Shark

Postby meanmachine » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:27 pm

soupcam wrote:Home league (sig team) - Came in second place, won $700 on a $200 buy-in
RotoBowl - 3rd Place in the 12 team league. Won nothing on a $350 buy-in
MFL10 - Entered one and won it. Hard to believe since my 2-3-4 picks were Hill, Benjamin, Abdullah. Must have gotten lucky with the field of owners I competed with (also, Brady, Julio, Robinson and Hurns went a long way)
Fanduel - Played mostly $2-5 tournaments, one or two per week. Ended season up around $400, with a couple of decent $100+ wins (including the week 1 Draftsharks tourney).

Not a bad year overall. I would trade it all to have won my home league title though.

With that large a buy-in I am very surprised you don't get anything for 3rd place! That kinda sucks IMHO.
QB: A-Rodg, Cutler, Gabbert
RB: Bradshaw, MoJo, R. Williams, B. Scott, K. Hunter, Choice
WR: A. Johnson, AJ Green, Britt, K. Wright, M. Floyd (AZ), Ogletree
TE: Finley, Pitta, Lewis

Return to “Shark Talk”