DS you guys are nuts!!!

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

8eights
Blue Shark

DS you guys are nuts!!!

Postby 8eights » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:02 pm

OK, I've sat by and watch you guys jump all over the Chip Kelly bandwagon yet again due to his switch to the Niners. You guys have said Kaepernick could bounce back. Then I hear slight endorsements of Hyde. Are you forgetting how this guy screwed so many of our teams? Bradford stunk. Murray was spelled for Sproles and Mathews a lot. Ertz couldn't find the endzone if his life depended on it. Preseason Jordan Mathews was described as "absolutely uncoverable" and he finished 20th at WR in Masters ppr scoring. I have not forgotten. Chip Kelly is not a good NFL coach and his personnel decisions are the worst I've ever seen. Paying 12 million more a year to have Bradford, than to keep Foles. Are you serious? I WILL BE AVOIDING 49ERS PLAYERS LIKE THE PLAGUE THIS NEXT SEASON. DS would be wise to consider all this...

DS Jared
Site Admin

Re: DS you guys are nuts!!!

Postby DS Jared » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:51 pm

8eights wrote:his personnel decisions are the worst I've ever seen.

Agree with this.

8eights wrote:Chip Kelly is not a good NFL coach

Don't agree with this.

The 2013 Eagles ranked 2nd in total yards and 4th in points. Nick Foles was 6th among QBs in fantasy points per game. LeSean McCoy ranked 3rd among RBs in PPR points. DeSean Jackson was WR #12.

The 2014 Eagles ranked 5th in total yards and 3rd in points. LeSean McCoy finished 12th, Jeremy Maclin 9th, Jordan Matthews 25th.

So we've got 2 strong seasons and 1 relatively disappointing one (the 2015 Eagles were still 12th in yards and 13th in points). I don't think it's fair to say Kelly isn't a good NFL coach. If anything, the jury is still out. But I lean toward him being a great offensive mind.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:11 pm

Yo Jared,

Love the FFL debating!!! Espc. right now when we are probably the only 2 people talking fantasy football. (upcoming draft talk excluded)

So the closer Kelly gets to having his "ideal" players, the less valuable they become in FFL. I won't dispute Hyde has a ton of talent, but expect a rotation at the RB position (with who I have no idea). Other than Hyde, no one really catches my eye, aside from some WRs you can get late in best ball formats. What does catch my eye is Philly players next year. I think Murray, Mathews, and Ertz all outperform numbers from the season that just ended. AND I'm pretty sure all will be at a discounted rate.

As for this comment "But I lean toward him being a great offensive mind" , you can throw that in the same bucket as last years breakout, comeback, and first round bust picks. When the breakout and comeback players can be drafted as late as they were last year, just call them what they are... sleepers.

I will give DS major credit for one prediction last year that I totally disagreed with-Jimmy Graham. I really thought Ole Pete was a smart enough coach to get his best player the ball. He went out and got one of the best TEs to be a 6th lineman. I still don't get it.

Anyway, I'm usually drafting by now. If you want to draft soon and do battle in a league, post the link and I'm in...

DS Jared
Site Admin

Postby DS Jared » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:18 pm

We'll see what SF adds at RB this offseason, and I don't think Hyde suddenly becomes a pass-catching maven. But I do think he's a strong bet for 250+ carries in Kelly's offense. (Only 5 RBs hit that mark last year!)

Agree on potential value in Philly's backfield and in Jordan Matthews, who I still LOVE.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm on the Matthews bandwagon as well. But I'm much higher on Ertz. No way does his TD total not go up next season...
I just don't trust Kelly's RBs...Putting in Sproles as a 3rd down pass catcher is one thing, but having him run the ball on first or second down is a totally different story...

Return to “Shark Talk”