curious about DS opinions

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

8eights
Blue Shark

curious about DS opinions

Postby 8eights » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:04 pm

I've been gearing up to start drafting. Watching MFL 10 results and was surprised to see some things. Just wanting DS input on the following:
The only thing I have to compare ADP to is the DS rankings "not to use", but anyways...

1) Jamaal Charles continuously going in round 1. DS says about 23rd overall. Is he done or rested for next year? RBs looked good without him...
2) David Johnson going between 6-9 overall. DS has him as 13th. Does he blow up with a full year. Does Ellington spell him on 3rd down? I just smell a CJ Anderson situation here. At 6 overall, I'm sure I could find a much safer option at WR.
3) DS has Ingram 10th. He is rarely going in the 1st round. Was way too consistent IMO last year to fall out of top 12. Is this the steal I see it as or is he a true injury risk??
4) When do we start considering Josh Gordon? Probably later than his ADP will be, but just curious on DS input on him...

Any input is appreciated!!!

Hobbes4166
DRAFT SHARK

Re: curious about DS opinions

Postby Hobbes4166 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:31 pm

8eights wrote:I've been gearing up to start drafting. Watching MFL 10 results and was surprised to see some things. Just wanting DS input on the following:
The only thing I have to compare ADP to is the DS rankings "not to use", but anyways...

1) Jamaal Charles continuously going in round 1. DS says about 23rd overall. Is he done or rested for next year? RBs looked good without him...
2) David Johnson going between 6-9 overall. DS has him as 13th. Does he blow up with a full year. Does Ellington spell him on 3rd down? I just smell a CJ Anderson situation here. At 6 overall, I'm sure I could find a much safer option at WR.
3) DS has Ingram 10th. He is rarely going in the 1st round. Was way too consistent IMO last year to fall out of top 12. Is this the steal I see it as or is he a true injury risk??
4) When do we start considering Josh Gordon? Probably later than his ADP will be, but just curious on DS input on him...

I'm not going to have Charles on any of my teams. He's too much of an injury for me unless he gets close to where DS has him (and he's not)

I'm likely going WR in the DJ range and perhaps even to early 2nd round which is going to impact my take on Ingram as well (I won't take him in round 1 either, at least at this moment...)

Not sure where Gordon's ADP is at the moment, but he is someone I'd definitely consider pulling the trigger on early in an MFL10 draft less so in a standard redraft league
Dynasty 1 - PPR
QB - Rodgers Cutler
RB - L Miller, JHill LMurray CJ Anderson TMontgomery Perkins
WR - AHopkins EDecker Perriman KWhite THill ZJones MThomas
TE - JReed EEbron VDavis

Dynasty 2 - PPR
QB - Wilson, Cousins, Kizer
RB - ADP Freeman TColeman Dixon Kelley Mack Murray
WR - ABrown JNelson MBryant TLockett MWilliams Meredith
TE - Graham Everett Gathers

Dynasty 3 - PPR
QB - Wilson Manning Prescott
RB - DJohnson JHill McCoy Abdullah Hunt Carson Cohen
WR - Jeffery KBenjamin DJax, PGarcon, Tate Pryor MWall
TE - Reed Kelce Kittles

DS Jared
Site Admin

Postby DS Jared » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:57 pm

8eights wrote:I've been gearing up to start drafting. Watching MFL 10 results and was surprised to see some things. Just wanting DS input on the following:

1. Charles is tough to peg right now so early in his rehab process. If all goes smoothly, though, he's someone I'd probably consider near the 1/2 turn.
2. I'm higher on Johnson than Matt is. He's a young, big, fast RB who is a plus, plus receiver and the goal-line back in a strong offense. I'd consider him after Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham and Le'Veon Bell are off the board.
3. I like Ingram where Matt has him and think he's a steal anywhere in the 2nd round.
4. Looks like Gordon's ADP is sitting in the late 3rd in MFL10 ADP so far. That's a couple of rounds too rich for me when you consider the risk that he doesn't get reinstated. And even if he does, the fact that he hasn't played football in over a year adds more risk.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

Poobah
Great White

Postby Poobah » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:00 pm

DS Jared wrote:4. Looks like Gordon's ADP is sitting in the late 3rd in MFL10 ADP so far. That's a couple of rounds too rich for me when you consider the risk that he doesn't get reinstated. And even if he does, the fact that he hasn't played football in over a year adds more risk.

This ADP blows my mind, both because no one seems to remember the disappointment of 2014 and because this position in particular is so doggone deep. I agree with Hobbes that his value in a best-ball format can exceed that of a regular draft, but I can easily think of at least 25 WR I'd draft before Josh Gordon. He's a low-end #3 to me, and if it's a league that starts 3 WR, I think I'd be in a hurry to take my #4.

Sean1022
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Sean1022 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:29 am

Poobah wrote:
DS Jared wrote:4. Looks like Gordon's ADP is sitting in the late 3rd in MFL10 ADP so far. That's a couple of rounds too rich for me when you consider the risk that he doesn't get reinstated. And even if he does, the fact that he hasn't played football in over a year adds more risk.

This ADP blows my mind, both because no one seems to remember the disappointment of 2014 and because this position in particular is so doggone deep. I agree with Hobbes that his value in a best-ball format can exceed that of a regular draft, but I can easily think of at least 25 WR I'd draft before Josh Gordon. He's a low-end #3 to me, and if it's a league that starts 3 WR, I think I'd be in a hurry to take my #4.

Gordon just went with the 1st pick of round 3 in my MFL10...
teams 1 and 2 - 1 pt 10 yds rushing/rec, 1 ppr, 6 td, 1 pt 25 yds passing, 4 tds

Team 1 (10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te
qb: Brady, Wentz
rb: Dalvin Cook, B. Powell, J. White, A. Kamara
wr: Green, M. Thomas, B. Cooks, S. Diggs, T. Williams, JJ Nelson
te: Ertz, Doyle

team 2(10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex (rb, wr, te)
qb: Mariota, Wilson
Rb: D. Murray, Fournette, D. Henry, Riddick
wr: A. Brown, K. Allen, S. Diggs, Crowder
te: stream

Return to “Shark Talk”