L Bell

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

8eights
Blue Shark

L Bell

Postby 8eights » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:20 pm

Anyone else get the feeling Bell will be playing the first 4 weeks?

Sean1022
DRAFT SHARK

Re: L Bell

Postby Sean1022 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:15 pm

I don't know about that...but I do think it's reduced from the 4 games. Appeal hearing gets heard Aug 18. Sp hopefully we hear something shortly after that.
teams 1 and 2 - 1 pt 10 yds rushing/rec, 1 ppr, 6 td, 1 pt 25 yds passing, 4 tds

Team 1 (10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te
qb: Brady, Wentz
rb: Dalvin Cook, B. Powell, J. White, A. Kamara
wr: Green, M. Thomas, B. Cooks, S. Diggs, T. Williams, JJ Nelson
te: Ertz, Doyle

team 2(10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex (rb, wr, te)
qb: Mariota, Wilson
Rb: D. Murray, Fournette, D. Henry, Riddick
wr: A. Brown, K. Allen, S. Diggs, Crowder
te: stream

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:39 pm

If I was a betting man...well Im here so of course I am....I'm saying 1 or 2 games at most.

Damn Yankee
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Damn Yankee » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:04 pm

When you are read into the NFL Drug Testing program the rules are made crystal clear...crystal. He missed a scheduled test...hell, he wasn't even in Stage 3 of the program where he's subjected to unannounced testing (he will be now though)...it was a SCHEDULED test. I'm hearing he changed his cell phone number or something and "forgot" to notify? Don't know if that's true or not...but whatever the case may be, it makes no sense to miss a drug test unless there was an emergency that is documented.

Hey...I hope he gets nothing as a Steeler's fan. But I'm counting on a full 4-games. Forgetting, or changing your phone number, or going on vacation without making prior arrangements, etc. are not excuses to the NFL.
If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand - Phil Helmuth

soupcam
Blue Shark

Postby soupcam » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:32 pm

Damn Yankee wrote:When you are read into the NFL Drug Testing program the rules are made crystal clear...crystal. He missed a scheduled test...hell, he wasn't even in Stage 3 of the program where he's subjected to unannounced testing (he will be now though)...it was a SCHEDULED test. I'm hearing he changed his cell phone number or something and "forgot" to notify? Don't know if that's true or not...but whatever the case may be, it makes no sense to miss a drug test unless there was an emergency that is documented.

Hey...I hope he gets nothing as a Steeler's fan. But I'm counting on a full 4-games. Forgetting, or changing your phone number, or going on vacation without making prior arrangements, etc. are not excuses to the NFL.

The only out I could see is if Bell had documentation showing he did properly inform the league of the changed number and the league just lost it. We're talking about a previously suspended player with a history of making poor choices vs. NFL corporate, so it's really a toss up on who screwed up.
12 teams - 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLX/1K/1D
YARDS: 1pt per 25 passing, 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving
ALL TD=6 pts. PPR=1/2 pt. ALL T/O = -2 pts.
Team Bonus: 6 point bonuses if your starters combine for any of the following:
300+ passing yards, 200+ rushing yards, 300+ receiving yards
QB: Brady RB: D. Martin, McCaffery, Gallman, McGuire, Cohen, David Johnson
WR: D. Parker, D. Jackson, M. Bryant, R. Matthews, Jaron Brown TE: Walker D: Chiefs

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:00 pm

crystal clear huh Yankee???

Damn Yankee
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Damn Yankee » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:11 pm

8eights wrote:crystal clear huh Yankee???

Clear as mud...suspended 3 games not 4, and remains in Stage 2 of the program versus getting elevated. Wierd...but hey, 3 is better than 4 so as a fan I'm good with it.
If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand - Phil Helmuth

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

Postby skiballs68 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:05 am

Trying to predict NFL disciplinary action is a risky business. I feel like they have a wheel of misfortune with suspensions and fines on it, and they just give it a big spin.

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:40 pm

Whatever is expected to happen wont. Unless its Gordon. Like he wont get in trouble again before he is on the field for a regular season game.

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:41 pm

Well, I guess Goddell being booed at the draft is always a given.

Return to “Shark Talk”