old school sharks?

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Damn Yankee
DRAFT SHARK

Re: old school sharks?

Postby Damn Yankee » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:14 pm

wow...lot of people still alive, good to see.

GreekLightning and Kneelb4Zod left during the John Miller dictatorship and started another website I remember. It had a great message board for a while, but I think that site is dead now (I can't remember what it was called).

What's the new chat room?
If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand - Phil Helmuth

KennyKen
Blue Shark

Postby KennyKen » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:03 pm

I'm still around a littlew...but the advantages that I used to get here are not as big anymore...not because of DS, but because FF has gone Hollywood, and all the TV guys spout advice based on wacked scoring formats and head to head formats..just throw out a name from the week before, and viola!....don't need experts to count the most TDs...I mostly look around here when I need confirmations...or to be talked out of something... and drafting with the MVP board is just what I do....
PPR Cum. Points, no H2H, Slotted Roster - 20 years, 5 time champ
Ryan, Wentz - QB
D.Johnson, D.Martin, M. Gordon, M. Jones - RBs
R.Cobb, M.Floyd, J.Gordon, E. Rogers (lost K.Allen) - WRs
K. Rudolph, J. Cook - TE
SeaBass, B. Walsh - K
Minn, SD- DEF

PPR Cum. Points, no H2H - 4 Years, 0 Championship
M.Ryan, T.Taylor, C. Wentz - QBs
AP, M. Ingram, R. Jennings, I. Crowell- RBs
A.Jeffrey, TY Hilton, G.Tate, M. Jones, J.Kerley - WRs
K.Rudolph, J. Cook- TEs
SeaBass - Ks
Minn - D

NancyBoy08
Great White

Postby NancyBoy08 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:08 pm

I guess I'd call myself an old shark. Think I got started w/ DraftSharks back in '06.
My name is Peaches and I'm the best.

tavo2311
Tiger Shark

Postby tavo2311 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:11 am

I've been around quite a long time. I would love to know when, it had to be not long after the site started. I first played fantasy in 1996 and don't recall too many years without the help of DS. I was never a huge contributor in the forums, but absolutely loved reading all the great sharks people are naming in this thread. The lack of forum activity has been a loss of what I always considered a big resource.
2016 Draft Sharks Keeper League (0-0)
QB:
RB:
WR:
TE:
DEF:

Simakos
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Simakos » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:55 pm

Hornsfan78 wrote:I don't know how long I have been with DS, but I think it was pretty close to when they first started. Jared - can you look that up? The "joined" date in my profile was when I first posted to the boards. I think I went on a rant about how much better Cedric Benson was than people were giving him credit for. :oops:

These days I post when I think I have something to add (whether I really do or not :D ).

Maybe I can hit the 5,000 mark this year.

I'm still around, too, think I've been here since '99...just don't have much time for posting.

Horns fan, I'd swear that I was the one arguing with you about Benson...I always despised that guy!

Simakos
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Simakos » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:57 pm

Damn Yankee wrote:wow...lot of people still alive, good to see.

GreekLightning and Kneelb4Zod left during the John Miller dictatorship and started another website I remember. It had a great message board for a while, but I think that site is dead now (I can't remember what it was called).

It was called Dynasty Rogues, and was great for a while. Roland Wood, Tainter and Speed Kills were all involved, as well, I think. Pretty sure Speed works on a site called Dynasty Football Warehouse now...all were great posters.

Damn Yankee
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Damn Yankee » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:30 pm

Simakos wrote:

It was called Dynasty Rogues, and was great for a while. Roland Wood, Tainter and Speed Kills were all involved, as well, I think. Pretty sure Speed works on a site called Dynasty Football Warehouse now...all were great posters.

Right...Dynasty Rogues that's it. Thanks Simakos! It was driving me nuts for a while...and I was a member even.
If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand - Phil Helmuth

Steel
Tiger Shark

Postby Steel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:56 am

I'm still around, too, think I've been here since '99...just don't have much time for posting.

Been around for years too. I echo that I just don't have much time. Life!

cantuckee
DRAFT SHARK

Postby cantuckee » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:33 pm

nice to see so many familiar 'faces'???....
ppr-league;
defensive scoring-1pt/sack;2pts/int/ff/td
points for yardage and pts given up
off. starters-1qb/2rb/2wr/1flex/1k/1d
off. scoring:qb-1pt -40 yds passing
1pt ea 15yds rush/1 pt every 5 comp/ -1 int
wr/rb1pt each 10 yds rush/ 1pt each 5 carries/ 1pt each 15 yds recv/ 1pt each recep.
all off. td = 3pts/2pt con = 1pt
rosters-QB(min 2)-Cousins, Rivers
rb(min 4)-Crowell, Montgomery, Martin, Sproles, Bernard, Burkhead, Sims, Willams
wr(min 5)-Brown, Allen, Crabtree, Wallace, Sanders
def(2)-Raiders, Rams
k(1)-Bullock

slimtowers
Tiger Shark

Postby slimtowers » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:53 am

cantuckee wrote:i see a lot of posts from 'rookies'...im wondering how many of the old 'sharks' are still around?

Agreed... not many old schoolers left out there. I remember when a question was asked it would get double digit replies and these days, we're lucky to get one.
I'll still be around to give my .02 (Probably not worth the .02)
Good Luck This Season!
12 team Standard 6pt/all TDs
Mariota / Rivers
Ajayi / Elliot / Montgomery / Martin / McFadden / Lacy
D. Thomas / Tate / D. Jax / Anderson / Westbrook
Ertz / Ebron
Elliot
Saints / Lions (Must have 2 team Def rostered)

Dominators
Rookie

Postby Dominators » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:00 pm

Been with DS since 1999. Where is the best thread to ask questions. Tough start to year for DS preseason rankings and breakout players.

Tx243
Rookie

Postby Tx243 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Have been using DS for six years or so, just started using the forum this season.

LawDog
Tiger Shark

Postby LawDog » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:29 pm

Still here getting punched in the face since what, 2006? South Dakota is still strong, but we already had our first snowflakes in Yankton, last Wednesday evening, so buckle up kids, the winter is going to be a bitch. Plan FF lineups accordingly for harder than normal conditions IMHO.

MOSS YO
DRAFT SHARK

Postby MOSS YO » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:29 pm

YUP !
"That guy doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades, and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words..."

- Bobby Bowden on one of his FSU linebackers

mdimattei
Great White

Postby mdimattei » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:46 pm

Simakos wrote:

I remember those guys. rwood use to give me some great advice until I joined a league of his. I was also a member over at Dynasty Rogues and I'm still in a league with speed.
"COME GET SOME" - Ash

Return to “Shark Talk”