Please explain DRAFT SHARKS position on Doug Martin

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Flatulancers
Rookie

Please explain DRAFT SHARKS position on Doug Martin

Postby Flatulancers » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:39 am

I had Drafted Doug Martin last year with very unsatisfactory results. This year, despite my poor history with him, the gurus at DRAFTSHARKS listed him as the 6th best RB on the board and with the 2nd pick in a 12 team draft, I held my nose and took DS advice and drafted him again with the overall 23rd pick, trusting that you guys do your research and know/have more insight than I. On opening day, Martin performed more like a 6th round pick rather than a second, and was outshined by his backup Sims. Can you guys please give me a reason why you are so high on this guy, can you tell me why I should keep paying for fantasy football advice from you guys who are starting to make me question the value of your opinions? No one else in my league seems to think Martin is anything special, and if he continues to under produce, no one will be willing to trade anything close to what I paid to get him.

DS Jared
Site Admin

Re: Please explain DRAFT SHARKS position on Doug Martin

Postby DS Jared » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:22 am

Flatulancers wrote:I had Drafted Doug Martin last year with very unsatisfactory results.

Huh? He finished 3rd in non-PPR and 4th in PPR last year.

Flatulancers wrote:This year, despite my poor history with him, the gurus at DRAFTSHARKS listed him as the 6th best RB on the board and with the 2nd pick in a 12 team draft, I held my nose and took DS advice and drafted him again with the overall 23rd pick, trusting that you guys do your research and know/have more insight than I. On opening day, Martin performed more like a 6th round pick rather than a second, and was outshined by his backup Sims. Can you guys please give me a reason why you are so high on this guy, can you tell me why I should keep paying for fantasy football advice from you guys who are starting to make me question the value of your opinions?

Martin out-touched Sims 23 to 7 and out-gained him 96 to 41. Sims just happened to score the TD. Martin will be the MUCH better TD bet going forward if the workload split remains the same,

Don't over-react to 1 game.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

Grim_Rockers
Rookie

Postby Grim_Rockers » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:26 pm

I won last year's league with Doug Martin as my #2 RB, whom I picked up in the 4th Round. He was the 4th ranked RB in my league last year - Not to bad for the 40th player selected in 2015.
Grim Rockers
GSFL Champions 1993, 1996, 2005, 2007 - 2009, 2014, 2015
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford
RB: L. Miller, M. Ingram, C. Michael, D. Johnson
WR: J. Landry, M. Evans, M. Floyd, T. Sharpe
TE: J. Thomas, C. Clay
PK: G. Gano, M. Bryant
DEF: Minnesota, Jacksonville

Damn Yankee
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Damn Yankee » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:40 pm

First...I'd like to welcome you to the board. With that being said...Dude...Wow. I don't want to discourage you from posting on the board but man your first post is coming across as poorly supported and outright whiny.

You were unhappy with Martin last year...he was unsatisfactory? You are one difficult person to please in Fantasy Football...I know personally in one league last year I grabbed him in the 6th round and he returned EXCELLENT value from that spot. 33 receptions, almost 1700 total yards, and 7 TD's from that spot was stunningly good value. How could you not be happy with his return based on where you drafted him, even if you reached in round 4?

To judge a season based on 1 game comes across as whiny. So Simm's scored the TD yesterday...Martin out-touched him and was obviously the main focus of the offense RB-wise. Just be patient. Save the whining for us Keenan Allen owners :?
If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand - Phil Helmuth

rso
Rookie

Postby rso » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:34 am

He was a stud for me !!

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:56 pm

What Jared said...I'm still happy to have him on my roster, but I drafted him at 3.10 in a 12 man ppr.

Return to “Shark Talk”