next years rookies

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

8eights
Blue Shark

next years rookies

Postby 8eights » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:01 pm

Im in a couple Master's dynasties where we have a three round rookie draft in July. What players do the sharks have at the top of their boards?

ProfPoobah
Rookie

Re: next years rookies

Postby ProfPoobah » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:40 pm

I like Corey Davis - WR, Western Michigan and Nick Chubb - RB, Georgia. Suppose like most, I also want to see what Leonard Fournette will do.

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:28 pm

I've got a definate top 7...in no order

cook
fournette
m williams
c davis
j ross
jj S-Smith
Westbrook

John Ross scares me a bit due to size, but hey he's the same size as Antonio Brown. No idea what to think about Dede Westbrook though. Any thoughts sharks?

After these guys I like WRs stewart, kupp, samuel, darboh, ford, z jones
I won't even look at the white RB from Stanford...

DS Jared
Site Admin

Postby DS Jared » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Excited to start digging into this class. We'll have detailed profiles on 30+ guys, like we did last year.

From what I've seen just watching college games, Cook is safely ahead of Fournette as the #1 RB. Think his running style lends itself better to the pros, and he's a much better pass-catcher.

Corey Davis vs. Mike Williams will be an interesting debate for #1 WR. The old "level of competition" argument figures to come up often regarding Davis.

One note on Westbrook: He's already 23 years old. Just a couple of months younger than Brandin Cooks, for example. I've started weighing age more heavily in my overall evaluations. (Although that's not to say I'll necessarily be low on Westbrook.)
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

ProfPoobah
Rookie

Postby ProfPoobah » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:32 pm

While I concede the "level of competition" argument, there's another guy who should be on our radar. Depending on landing spot, East Carolina's Zay Jones blew up at the Senior Bowl. After setting NCAA records for receptions in a season and career, he showed well against quality competition. That one catch that wasn't (ruled out of bounds) was sick!

logic
Rookie

Postby logic » Sun May 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Jared,

I have the 4th pick in my upcoming dynasty league rookie draft and I'm anticipating having to choose between Cook and Mixon. Interesting that when you posted in this thread at the end of last year, you had Cook as the #1 overall RB. What's changed if anything for you regarding Cook? Was it just his combine or do you perhaps personally still feel he's the best option in this class? The site dynasty rookie rankings has Mixon, McCaffrey and Fournette ahead of Cook and other sites seem to have come to a similar consensus. Are you now in agreement with that slotting or is it more the difference between them is negligible?

Thanks.

DS Jared
Site Admin

Postby DS Jared » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Cook's Combine freaked me out, honestly. There's plenty of data suggesting that 40 times and 3-cone times do matter for RBs.

I'm not in love with Cook's landing spot, either. Competition for carries and targets -- plus a weak offensive line.

I prefer Mixon at 4, assuming Davis, McCaffrey and Fournette are gone.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

Return to “Shark Talk”