DS opinion on rookie drafts

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

8eights
Blue Shark

DS opinion on rookie drafts

Postby 8eights » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi guys. Trading has started in my dynasty leagues already. I am sitting on the 10th and 11th overall picks in a couple of rookie drafts. What is DS opinion on who will be available then? I'm thinking it will be tier 2 type players...RBs like Kamara or Mixon and WRs like Samuel, Ford, or Jones. Is it me or is this somewhat of a sweet spot? I've got 3rd and 4th overall in a few leagues. Would I be better off trading those higher pics for two picks in the back half of round 1? In other words...take Corey Davis or M Williams OR try to trade and snag something along the lines of a Mixon and Jones combo. Just curious as to the DS take on this prior to the nfl draft. After the draft we should have more well defined expectations for those top rated rookies.

DS Jared
Site Admin

Re: DS opinion on rookie drafts

Postby DS Jared » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:25 pm

To me, this looks like a weaker-than-average rookie class. I see a clear top 6 in Davis, Williams, Ross, Fournette, Cook and McCaffrey (not necessarily in that order) and then a big clump of similar guys after that. (Joe Mixon would belong in that top group if not for the off-field stuff.)

I'm always a fan of trading rookie picks for proven NFL players. Dynasty owners, at least in general, overvalue rookie picks. This definitely looks like a good year to cash in on that and acquire veterans.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:24 pm

"I'm always a fan of trading rookie picks for proven NFL players. Dynasty owners, at least in general, overvalue rookie picks. This definitely looks like a good year to cash in on that and acquire veterans."

Jared, I totally agree. I just gave up Tyler Boyd and 1.11 for Kelvin Benjamin!!! He shoots, he scores!!!

DS Jared
Site Admin

Postby DS Jared » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:08 pm

8eights wrote:Jared, I totally agree. I just gave up Tyler Boyd and 1.11 for Kelvin Benjamin!!! He shoots, he scores!!!

Nice!
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:58 pm

I like it, but look at my other trade I posted about. Still not sure if I am happy or regretful on that one...

Return to “Shark Talk”