Did I give up too much DS?

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

8eights
Blue Shark

Did I give up too much DS?

Postby 8eights » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:56 pm

Masters dynasty. 1 pt ppr. Idid the following trade. 1QB, 1RB, 1 WR, 2 flex (rb or wr), 1 TE, K, Def. Did I give up to much???

I gave up
B Lafell
E Ebron ( I am fine at TE)
rookie picks 1.03, 1.09, 1.10 for this year and
my first and second round rookie picks for next year

I got in return:
Allen Robinson AND
Keenan Allen

Looked good when I made the deal. Bunch of good picks, but I know who I'm getting as oppossed to the draft. I'll now be able to drop some backups to try to land some under the radar rookies with bidding bucks. Here is my roster after the trade

rodgers
bortles
mccoy
freeman
coleman
d henry
a robinson
k allen
e sanders
wallace
j mathews
rudolph
pitta
tucker
AZ defense

Thoughts? Opinions? IS IT TIME TO TRADE OFF SHADY AT THE AGE OF 28 WHILE HE STILL HAS VALUE? If so, what do I try to get for him? Trading away all my draft picks has obviously put me in win now mode...

ProfPoobah
Rookie

Re: Did I give up too much DS?

Postby ProfPoobah » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:39 pm

I understand the win-now mode and qualify this by saying that I have no dynasty experience (tons of keeper experience, but no dynasty)... but I feel that you gave up too much. I don't agree that you're fine at TE, and would feel better for you if you kept Ebron and jettisoned Rudolph or Pitta. You won't miss LaFell, but 5 rookie picks and Ebron for Robinson and Allen only will work for you if Robinson bounces back AND Allen avoids the injury bug. Should both of those happen, then I was with you the whole time and this was a great trade. :mrgreen:

DS Jared
Site Admin

Re: Did I give up too much DS?

Postby DS Jared » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Woah, baby ... that's a blockbuster!

You gave up a ton of draft capital, but I still think there's a good chance you win this trade. Like I mentioned in another recent thread, I think rookie picks are overvalued in general. In this case, the 1.03 has a strong chance of hitting. But the 1.09 and 1.10 are probably no better than 50/50 to pan out. Same goes for next year's 2nd rounder. LaFell is fodder. And while I'm high on Ebron, he's pretty easily replaceable.

If you can get, say, 10 total seasons of top 20 production from Robinson and Allen, you probably win this trade.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

Return to “Shark Talk”