Mike Gillislee

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

KCBUC
Reef Shark

Mike Gillislee

Postby KCBUC » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Mike Gillislee is going to the Pats. I am an owner and not sure if that is a good thing or not. Burkhead is there, and I sure was impressed with him in college. Just wondered what you think he is worth trade wise and if you expect him to be a weekly contributor. I know we have to wait until after the draft but am looking for a gut reaction to the news.

DS Kevin
Reef Shark

Re: Mike Gillislee

Postby DS Kevin » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:12 pm

I think Gillislee would be the favorite for early-down work, since the Pats are slated to pay him a pretty sizable $4 million in year 1. Gillislee was also extremely efficient last year (5.7 YPC on 101 attempts).

He doesn't have much receiving production in his past... even dating back to his days at Florida. He won't be needed there, anyway. But it's easy to see a TD-heavy season as a member of New England's offense...

ProfPoobah
Rookie

Re: Mike Gillislee

Postby ProfPoobah » Thu May 11, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm curious whether this rarely-used tender offer the Pats placed on Blount is gonna ding the mock draft upside I've been seeing on Gillislee

Return to “Shark Talk”