advice please

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

meanmachine
Blue Shark

advice please

Postby meanmachine » Wed May 24, 2017 12:02 am

Forgive me for posting here, but this only room that anybody reads during the off-season. In a dynasty league I've been offered 1.03 this year and Tyler Lockett for LeVeon. I'm leaning towards no, but my team is pretty mediocre and I also have 1.09. Might be a nice start to a potential rebuild. Thoughts anyone? Here are my current RB's and WR's:
Anderson, C.J. DEN RB
Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB
Bibbs, Kapri SFO RB
Rawls, Thomas SEA RB
Riddick, Theo DET RB
Rodgers, Jacquizz TBB RB
Sims, Charles TBB RB
Williams, DeAngelo PIT RB
Williams, Jonathan BUF RB
Zenner, Zach DET RB
Britt, Kenny CLE WR
Enunwa, Quincy NYJ WR
Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR
Maclin, Jeremy KCC WR
Smith, Steve FA WR
Snead, Willie NOS WR
QB: A-Rodg, Cutler, Gabbert
RB: Bradshaw, MoJo, R. Williams, B. Scott, K. Hunter, Choice
WR: A. Johnson, AJ Green, Britt, K. Wright, M. Floyd (AZ), Ogletree
TE: Finley, Pitta, Lewis

logic
Rookie

Re: advice please

Postby logic » Wed May 24, 2017 2:45 am

It's a starting point, but I wouldn't take that offer. I'd be asking for a lot more like next years 1st as well or just exclude Lockett and get a package of high picks over the next couple of seasons.

ProfPoobah
Rookie

Postby ProfPoobah » Wed May 24, 2017 4:06 pm

I agree with your point that your team might be primed for a rebuild, and also with logic's point that the offer for Le'Veon Bell is not nearly enough. Would Lockett even crack your starting lineup? Better players, and/or more picks. If you decided to rebuild, you could always tell the league that Bell is available to a good offer, and see if you could drive a bidding war for him. Good luck, would be interested to see where you end up going from here...

Sean1022
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Sean1022 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:55 pm

agree with the others. That isn't enough for Bell. I wouldn't give up a proven commodity like Bell just get Lockett and have 2 1st round picks. I would need better player than Lockett to do this deal. But then that would also likely change the 1.03 pick...trying to determine Bell's worth is hard considering his injury risk and that Big Ben could call it quits in the next couple years.
teams 1 and 2 - 1 pt 10 yds rushing/rec, 1 ppr, 6 td, 1 pt 25 yds passing, 4 tds

Team 1 (10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te
qb: Brady, Wentz
rb: Dalvin Cook, B. Powell, J. White, A. Kamara
wr: Green, M. Thomas, B. Cooks, S. Diggs, T. Williams, JJ Nelson
te: Ertz, Doyle

team 2(10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex (rb, wr, te)
qb: Mariota, Wilson
Rb: D. Murray, Fournette, D. Henry, Riddick
wr: A. Brown, K. Allen, S. Diggs, Crowder
te: stream

logic
Rookie

Postby logic » Wed May 24, 2017 10:55 pm

At the end of the day, 1.03 is still a dart being thrown at the board. Bell is a proven elite commodity in his prime years. You'd have to give me a lot of quality darts or a mix of quality darts and quality players in return if I'm letting him go.

If it's a straight up picks for player deal, I'd need three 1st rounders for him and maybe some other sweetener. Remember that Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacy were high 1st round picks in rookie drafts in years past and that's what you could end up with. Also, I'm assuming the guy wanting Bell has a decent enough roster to compete for the title for the next couple of years which means those 1st rounders he'd be offering you in future years are probably going to be toward the bottom of the round which is why I'd probably need something on top of that like maybe a couple of 2nd rounders or a player or something. Even if you hit on the three 1st rounders, getting Bell type production is still unlikely. Would you trade a guy like Bell, who is a high end RB1, for three RB2/WR2's or RB3/WR3's? I wouldn't. Those RB2/WR2's and 3's are a lot easier to find than a high end RB1/WR1.

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Thu May 25, 2017 5:27 pm

What everyone else said. You can get waaaaaaay more for Bell!!!!!

Return to “Shark Talk”