Davante Parker

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Docjr
Rookie

Davante Parker

Postby Docjr » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Well, it's been a few years since I've posted because, well, it was a pain to get my log in straight and I am pretty lazy. Jared got me fixed up, so I'll get right back in the swing of things by asking for opinions on Parker. 1st round talent, great measurables, haven't seen him much, QB shenanigans, run first offense, Landry investigation. Draft sharks have him as a sleeper candidate.

I have the possibility of keeping him (Bosa is the other option) for a good price (I think- my first time in auction and idp), and I'd like to get some shark insight while I ponder my options. Thanks for the input in advance!
My post count says I'm a rookie, but I've been giving bad advice here for years!

ProfPoobah
Rookie

Re: Davante Parker

Postby ProfPoobah » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm

I'll concede the measurables and the 3rd-year WR possibilities on Parker. However, I have trouble seeing him get higher than a back-end #2 WR with Jay Cutler running the offense, even as a sleeper. Furthermore, while I don't have much IDP experience, and he may be a better actual player than fantasy player, but Joey Bosa? All that sack potential?

Sean1022
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Sean1022 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 pm

ProfPoobah wrote:I'll concede the measurables and the 3rd-year WR possibilities on Parker. However, I have trouble seeing him get higher than a back-end #2 WR with Jay Cutler running the offense, even as a sleeper. Furthermore, while I don't have much IDP experience, and he may be a better actual player than fantasy player, but Joey Bosa? All that sack potential?

Agreed. I don't have any IDP experience either but Bosa could be a monster!
teams 1 and 2 - 1 pt 10 yds rushing/rec, 1 ppr, 6 td, 1 pt 25 yds passing, 4 tds

Team 1 (10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te
qb: Brady, Wentz
rb: Dalvin Cook, B. Powell, J. White, A. Kamara
wr: Green, M. Thomas, B. Cooks, S. Diggs, T. Williams, JJ Nelson
te: Ertz, Doyle

team 2(10 team) - start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex (rb, wr, te)
qb: Mariota, Wilson
Rb: D. Murray, Fournette, D. Henry, Riddick
wr: A. Brown, K. Allen, S. Diggs, Crowder
te: stream

Docjr
Rookie

Postby Docjr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Cutler doesn't scare me as much as he does everyone else. Plenty of wr's have produced well with him. My problem is we are starting 8 IDP's so I'm not sure how that affects the value. I'm assuming it makes a guy like Bosa even more valuable, but I'm not sure. We also count ind. ret. yards, so I think that devalues Parker a bit. My guess is that I could probably draft Parker right around his keeper value budget wise, so he would have to break out to make him worth more than Bosa...I think...
My post count says I'm a rookie, but I've been giving bad advice here for years!

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

Postby skiballs68 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:20 pm

You hit on my main concern about Parker, and that's the projected lack of passing volume in this offense and competition for targets.

Miami was 31st in Pass Att in 2016 with 447. And that pace went down as the year progressed.

Landry is under investigation, but unless we see a string possibility of multi-game suspension, I'm dubious this helps catapult Parker into breakout status. Stills is there too, and he's a legit deep threat. The addition of Julius Thomas could be a threat to target neat the end zone, which I would otherwise expect to go Parker's way, given his athletic profile (over Landry for sure). In the end, I think Parker is not a must-keep player.

I know nothing about playing in IDP leagues, but just from a supply/demand perspective it sounds to me like Bosa would be your keeper here.

DS Jared
Site Admin

Postby DS Jared » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:46 pm

I think, if anything, Cutler helps Parker. Tannehill and Landry have chemistry. Now the whole WR groups gets to fend for Cutler's eye. And we know Cutler is a gunslinger, which favors a downfield guy like Parker.

I still have overall volume concerns with Miami's passing offense, but I like Parker a bit more now than I did before Tannehill's injury.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

Docjr
Rookie

Postby Docjr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Return to “Shark Talk”