I rolled the dice on Zeke...

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

I rolled the dice on Zeke...

Postby skiballs68 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Drafted in my 12 team home league yesterday from the #2 slot. 17 rounds.

This is a standard scoring league with some variance on TD distance and reception bonuses. Starting lineup is: QB, 1Rb, 1Wr, 2 Flex (RB/WR), TE, K, DST

Here's how it went down:

1.02: Bell
2.11: Dez
3.02: Zeke
4.11: TYMONT
5.02: Russell Wilson
6.11: Diggs
7.02: Doug Martin
8.11: Eifert
9.02: Garcon
10.11: Jacquizz Rodgers
11.02: Ebron
12.11: Britt
Rest of roster: Carson Palmer, Burkhead, Prosise, Pitt DST, Dustin Hopkins

Darren MacFadden went off the board at 9.01, which was earlier than i expected. I'm actually fine having Rodgers as the cheaper fill in play for Martin at 10.11. There's some uncertainty around DMC's role in Dallas anyway.

I broke with my normal LRQB strategy. I probably just like Wilson a lot and think he's going to bounce back after an injury plagued 2016. This was also a little bit about roster construction. With Zeke and Martin on the shelf for a while, I didn't really want to be guessing on QB matchups. Streaming matchups is always a little harder in the early season since we don;t have as much data on how teams are performing.

Anyway, thought I'd share a real case scenario for drafting Zeke and how that might turn out for others drafting in the next couple weeks.

bigdog
DRAFT SHARK

Re: I rolled the dice on Zeke...

Postby bigdog » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:18 pm

I like it. Personally I probably would have went less rb heavy and more wr heavy, but I always get snake bit by rb's. Good draft though!
QB – R.Wilson,J.McCown,D.Watson***
RB – D.Martin,D.Lewis,R.Burkhead,T.Cohen,J.Stewart,Jon Williams**,C.McCaffrey***,J.Howard**, D.Cobb*
WR/TE – D.Adams,S.Diggs,M.Crabtree,M.Lee,V.Davis,J.Reed,C.Clay,J.Strong*
K – H.Butker,J.Lambo
DEF – Chiefs, Broncos
* - Free Keeper until ’17,** - Free Keeper until ’18,*** - Free Keeper until ‘19

4 pts – pass td , -0.5 for int
6 pts – rush/rec td
0.5 pts - ppr
1 pt – 45 yds pass, 2 pt bonus @ 300 yds
1 pt – 15 yards rush/rec,1 pt bonus @ 100 yds rush,3 pt bonus @ 100 yds rec

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:40 pm

He hasnt made it past 2.06 in any of my leagues. Went at 2.01 in the last draft I did. You didnt roll the dice, you pounced when the value was there.

Docjr
Rookie

Postby Docjr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:14 am

I am thinking of targeting Martin tomorrow AM in my keeper auction league. The top twelve rb's are off the board already, and I might be able to get a deal. Or not. Never done this before. However, getting Brady last year late due to his suspension was key in winning a championship in another league, so I'm a fan of the strategy if you can pull it off. (MVP board had me take Brady and Rivers back to back which scared the heck out of me)
My post count says I'm a rookie, but I've been giving bad advice here for years!

Return to “Shark Talk”