DS Mock Draft Question

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

guygrim
Reef Shark

DS Mock Draft Question

Postby guygrim » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:48 pm

Folks,

I have been running a number of Mock Drafts through your system and I noticed that at the 12/13 turn I had a choice to take DeMarco Murray with the 13th pick, but in my head I wanted Christian McCaffrey. BUT, McCaffrey had a ADP of 3.3 - so I did not take him, expecting that he would last much longer. Note, I did not expect him to make it back to me, so i resigned to take the higher rated player. Also, Note that at this point he did not show up on DMVP slots above the list of players..

Funny though that the mock Draft selected him with the very next pick.

So, that kind of had me scratching my head. If, the system does not use the DMVP or ADP for determining how the player selections.. what is the criteria? Is there some sort of randomness?

Last.. thing I noticed too is that Doug Baldiwn's ADP is dropping like a Rock.. I was taking jim ion the second round last week. Now he routinely falls to the 4th Round..
Grim Rockers - 8 Time Champion (1993, 1996, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2015)
12 Team PPR: 2 QB, 4 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2 PK, 2 Def
QB: R. Wilson / P. Rivers
RB: D. Johnson / T. Montgomery / J. Mixon / M. Forte
WR: D. Bryant / K. Allen / L. Fitz / B. Marshall
TE: J. Thomas / C. Fleener
DEF Arizona / Buffalo
K: M. Crosby / G. Gano

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

Re: DS Mock Draft Question

Postby skiballs68 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:03 pm

I tried using it a couple times last month, and I noticed some very wonky early picks by the AI, that seemed to totally ignore ADP and MVP. I'm all for a simlulation randomizing some "reach" picks but I think I recall MCCaffrey being an issue for me too.

DS Jared
Site Admin

Re: DS Mock Draft Question

Postby DS Jared » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:48 am

The computer picks are based on both ADP and the "consensus projections," which we pull from Fantasy Pros. There's some randomness built in, although I'm surprised to hear McCaffrey went at 2.02. I'll have our tech guys check out the algorithm to make sure there are no bugs.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

Return to “Shark Talk”