Good to see Gronk with so many targets

Only Fantasy/NFL chat. Ask-ish threads & other debris gets swept off the highway. It's not personal.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

Druid Pack
Rookie

Good to see Gronk with so many targets

Postby Druid Pack » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Playing from behind, and Eric Berry leaves the game, and I don't think Gronk saw more than one target, if that. I'm hoping this was an uncharacteristically bad game and not an indicator that father time is catching up with Brady. I'm a proponent of not panicking after one week, but I'll be concerned if the Pats O can't get in sync against the Saints D. Brady looked lost once Edleman went down.

Flaco
Reef Shark

Re: Good to see Gronk with so many targets

Postby Flaco » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Brady looked off. Passes were all over the place.

As for Gronk, I hope it was just rust. Something was different. I haven't seen/heard anything, but I'm willing to bet that he injured himself on that TD that was called back. He barely moved his left arm after that.

It all could have been just a bad game, poor one-off performance...we'll see what happens against the Saints next week.

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

Postby skiballs68 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:16 pm

I don't know. I mean, he makes that TD grab and the whole stat line looks different. Goes from 5 ppr pts to about 13. That's just variance.

bigdog
DRAFT SHARK

Postby bigdog » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:19 pm

Gronk was out there begging for calls from the ref's from like the first play. The silly part about it was that he was giving up on those some plays when he could have easily caught the ball...but instead he is throwing his hands up for some sort of ticky tack foul. After he didn't get the first two, he seemed to calm down a bit, but then it did look to me like he hurt something on that td play. He did not appear to get treated for it, though.
QB – R.Wilson,J.McCown,D.Watson***
RB – D.Martin,D.Lewis,R.Burkhead,T.Cohen,J.Stewart,Jon Williams**,C.McCaffrey***,J.Howard**, D.Cobb*
WR/TE – D.Adams,S.Diggs,M.Crabtree,M.Lee,V.Davis,J.Reed,C.Clay,J.Strong*
K – H.Butker,J.Lambo
DEF – Chiefs, Broncos
* - Free Keeper until ’17,** - Free Keeper until ’18,*** - Free Keeper until ‘19

4 pts – pass td , -0.5 for int
6 pts – rush/rec td
0.5 pts - ppr
1 pt – 45 yds pass, 2 pt bonus @ 300 yds
1 pt – 15 yards rush/rec,1 pt bonus @ 100 yds rush,3 pt bonus @ 100 yds rec

skiballs68
DRAFT SHARK

Postby skiballs68 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:56 pm

A ton of marquee players this week had uninspiring performances. I don't know what to take away from any of that other than it's variance and matchup driven.

Docjr
Rookie

Postby Docjr » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:13 pm

and that teams don't practice anymore, so they spend the first month figuring out how to play together- especially the offenses. Although I love that football has gotten going again, I would bet September holds my worst winning percentage easily.
My post count says I'm a rookie, but I've been giving bad advice here for years!

Return to “Shark Talk”