Draft - Pick 10 Help

Post Add/Drops or Trade scenarios here. Keeper questions too. Please no "Who Do I Starts" here.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

cornballers
Rookie

Draft - Pick 10 Help

Postby cornballers » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:43 am

Hey,

If I'm keeping Lesean McCoy and Jimmy Graham... what do I do with my draft?

I'm thinking...
1.10 - WR (White? Fitzy?
2.1 - Lose pick
3.10 - RB
4.1 - Best Available WR
5.10 - Best Available WR
6.1 - QB

Thoughts?
10 Team / 0-2 Player keeper league
START: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 rush/rec, TDs 6pts
1pt per 25 pass; pass TD 4pts
(fractional points counted)

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Draft - Pick 10 Help

Postby docjr03 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:18 pm

I think you are in the wrong forum, rook! haha- post your question in the keepers section, and you should get some good answers there.
12 team, .75PPR, 1pp10 yd ru, 1pp 8yd rec
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 RB Foster, Gio, R. Bush, Hyde, Blue
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 TE Rudolph, D. Allen, Cameron
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey
Def: streaming

Poobah
Great White

Postby Poobah » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:49 pm

I think we also would like to know scoring (PPR? Yardage bonus?) and starting lineup.... not to mention how, if everyone is keeping two players, Fitzgerald and White would be available at 1.10...

Generally speaking, I'm hesitant to say you must take a certain position by round; the whole point of figuring out who the best available player is goes right out the window there. That said, I just did a keeper league snake draft where I had McCoy as my 2nd round pick. I went CJ2K instead of Fitzgerald, and by the time I picked in the 3rd, the best WR on the board was Miles Austin. If something similar doesn't bother you, then take the best available. I mean, if Matt Stafford was available at that 3/4 turn, he might be better than the best WR/RB. Do you think Matt Ryan could slip to 7.10? The Sharks are very high on him this year...

SmashMouth
Rookie

Postby SmashMouth » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

I think you might want to consider taking another RB there in that first pick. WR is so deep this year there is planty of value in R3. The other option is looking at a QB if any of the top tier guys are available depending on your scoring system. Realistically Grahm can be looked at as a WR1 in numbers and value but I would say the best option is always best player available and an RB should not be out of the question.

cornballers
Rookie

Postby cornballers » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:18 am

SmashMouth wrote:I think you might want to consider taking another RB there in that first pick. WR is so deep this year there is planty of value in R3. The other option is looking at a QB if any of the top tier guys are available depending on your scoring system. Realistically Grahm can be looked at as a WR1 in numbers and value but I would say the best option is always best player available and an RB should not be out of the question.

Thanks for the advice.
The league is standard scoring, non-ppr, with performance bonuses for over 200 yards receiving or rushing (gives an extra 3 points, so not worth mentioning since its so rare).

Does that change the outcome?
10 Team / 0-2 Player keeper league
START: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 rush/rec, TDs 6pts
1pt per 25 pass; pass TD 4pts
(fractional points counted)

Return to “Adds, Drops, Trades, & Keepers”