Picking 10 - 10 Team Keeper League

Post Add/Drops or Trade scenarios here. Keeper questions too. Please no "Who Do I Starts" here.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

cornballers
Rookie

Picking 10 - 10 Team Keeper League

Postby cornballers » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:08 am

So I posted this in a different forum, but since I'm a rook I didn't know what I was doing...so here I go posting it in the Keeper League forum.

I pick 10th (having won the league last year, this is my prize) in a league with 10 teams.
The rules are standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, DEF, K, and 5 BN, non-ppr league.
People can choose to keep up to 2 players from the previous year, they just have to lose the pick ahead of where they picked them the previous year (with the exception that if you keep your 1st round pick and your 2nd round pick, you lose your 1st and 2nd round picks this year).

I was going to keep Ryan Matthews and Jimmy Graham because I would only lose out on my 6th and 10th picks this year. Problem is that now Ryan Matthews is out for a bit, so I may just go with giving up my 2nd round pick to keep Lesean McCoy. You could argue to still keep Matthews for that price, but McCoy for pick 2.1 isn't bad, plus I still get to pick at 1.10. Problem is, who do I pick at 1.10 if I'm keeping a Tier-1 RB and a Tier-1 TE?
Do I go WR? Do I go RB? I know to wait on QB...
I won't be picking again until round 3.10, so any advice is helpful.

Players who won't be available for sure at 1.10 are:
QB: Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Newton
RB: Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Demarco Murray, Sproles?
WR: Calvin Johnson (who I have to drop or lose my 1st round pick), Julio Jones, AJ Green, Victor Cruz, Welker, S Smith (CAR), Jordy Nelson

Problem is, I don't know who is keeping who yet (obviously). Tricky stuff, any suggestions?
10 Team / 0-2 Player keeper league
START: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 rush/rec, TDs 6pts
1pt per 25 pass; pass TD 4pts
(fractional points counted)

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Picking 10 - 10 Team Keeper League

Postby Hornsfan78 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:54 am

Well, you are still in the wrong forum. :)

I know it sounds trite, but use your MVP Board and grab the BPA. I wouldn't take a QB there with all the names you say are going to be gone.

But don't be afraid to take another RB if Forte falls to you. Probably going to be looking at Fitz or Roddy, although if things continue to look positive for AP it might be worth rolling the dice on him there.

GL and BTW, the proper forum for this kind of question is Adds, Drops, Trades & Keepers.
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4),
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) A Kamara (16) Rawls (WW) McFadden (WW), Darkwa (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) J Doctson (WW) C Davis (WW) T Lockett (WW)
TE: *T Kelce (7) T Kroft (WW)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

Return to “Adds, Drops, Trades, & Keepers”