Drop Dez for Aaron Rodgers?

Post Add/Drops or Trade scenarios here. Keeper questions too. Please no "Who Do I Starts" here.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

ozarkbc
Rookie

Drop Dez for Aaron Rodgers?

Postby ozarkbc » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:12 am

12 team PPR---6 point all Td's---1 point per 10 passing & rushing---1 point per 25 passing
start 1QB--2RB--2WR--1TE--1Flex--1DST--1K---17 man roster with no IR.

Sitting at 9-3 this year and have the top scoring team with one week to go. Have a 1st round bye locked up, so I have a game week 14 and hopefully week 15. Would you guys take a flyer on Rodgers being able to play week 14 or 15? If so who would you drop? Dez, Ekeler, Montgomery, Winston?

QB--Taylor, A. Smith, Winston
RB--McCoy, Kamara, Woodhead, Ekeler, Montgomery
WR--Brown, Green, Jeffrey, Bryant, Woods
TE--Kelce--Olsen
DST--Jags
K--Zuerlein

bigdog
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Drop Dez for Aaron Rodgers?

Postby bigdog » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:40 pm

I would drop one of your qbs. You don't need to roster 4 of them. Especially if one of them is taylor. I could make arguments for and against each and every one of them. Personally I feel all of them are going to put up the same stats. That leaves schedule. I would rank the schedules, Chiefs, Bills, Bucs. I almost want to rank bucs ahead of bills because the have to face pats twice, and pats are rolling right now.

Rodgers is light years ahead of any of them, even first game back from injury. Pick what 2 schedules you like best and drop the last qb to grab rodgers.
QB – R.Wilson,J.McCown,D.Watson***
RB – D.Martin,D.Lewis,R.Burkhead,T.Cohen,J.Stewart,Jon Williams**,C.McCaffrey***,J.Howard**, D.Cobb*
WR/TE – D.Adams,S.Diggs,M.Crabtree,M.Lee,V.Davis,J.Reed,C.Clay,J.Strong*
K – H.Butker,J.Lambo
DEF – Chiefs, Broncos
* - Free Keeper until ’17,** - Free Keeper until ’18,*** - Free Keeper until ‘19

4 pts – pass td , -0.5 for int
6 pts – rush/rec td
0.5 pts - ppr
1 pt – 45 yds pass, 2 pt bonus @ 300 yds
1 pt – 15 yards rush/rec,1 pt bonus @ 100 yds rush,3 pt bonus @ 100 yds rec

ozarkbc
Rookie

Postby ozarkbc » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:17 am

Thanks for the reply. I just dropped Montgomery and picked up Rodgers. Been a wild year for my QB's.

I drafted Winston in the 7th and Wentz in the 14th round. Was able to get Watson off waivers but wanted to make sure he was the real deal before I traded one of the others.

I then traded Wentz and Cohen for McCoy and Taylor, thinking Watson would lead me to the promised land. Of course he got hurt 2 days after I traded Wentz.

Winston then got hurt and Taylor got benched, so I had to deal for Smith LOL. Now I have them all. That being said here is where I am....
I'm 9-3 and the top point team in the league, so I have the 1 seed regardless what happens week 13.

I agree I don't need 4 QB's, but the teams I am most likely to play if I make it to week 16 championship both are short at QB. One team only has Brady and no backup.....another has Stafford and Bortles. A third team only has Ryan and Garoppolo.

Do I drop one for a another RB? Rodgers isn't for sure yet....Taylor has Miami week 15 and Smith has Miami week 16. Winston IF he is healthy has Atlanta week 15 and Carolina week 16.

Rodgers (TB), Smith (Dal), Cadet (Buf), Davis (Sea), are all available.

Hobbes4166
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hobbes4166 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:38 pm

Quiz and Cadet are worthless, so no need to think about them. RSmith in two weeks will be worthless, so that leaves Davis.

Not sure who you dropped for ARod, but I can't see you starting ASmith in any case, so I would drop him (and if someone else picks him up to start, all the better).

To sum up, I would drop ASmith for a flyer on Davis. If ASmith is already gone, I would stand pat
Dynasty 1 - PPR
QB - Rodgers Cutler
RB - L Miller, JHill LMurray CJ Anderson TMontgomery Perkins
WR - AHopkins EDecker Perriman KWhite THill ZJones MThomas
TE - JReed EEbron VDavis

Dynasty 2 - PPR
QB - Wilson, Cousins, Kizer
RB - ADP Freeman TColeman Dixon Kelley Mack Murray
WR - ABrown JNelson MBryant TLockett MWilliams Meredith
TE - Graham Everett Gathers

Dynasty 3 - PPR
QB - Wilson Manning Prescott