Breaking down film on Boise - technical

Any non-football topics: video games, movies, politics, chicks, poker, but be respectful.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

CheeseHusker
Tiger Shark

Breaking down film on Boise - technical

Postby CheeseHusker » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:41 pm

For those so interested, here's a nice article breaking down chunks of Boise State's offense - far more technical than most - great read in general

http://smartfootball.com/gameplanning/b ... #more-1123
Heap O'Turtles

DS Jared
Site Admin

Re: Breaking down film on Boise - technical

Postby DS Jared » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:46 am

Awesome article... thanks!

Boise is my favorite football team to watch -- pro or college. If they go undefeated, they better get a shot at a National Championship.
Glad Tim Biakabatuka is out of the league.

mcghee3
DRAFT SHARK

Postby mcghee3 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:41 pm

DS Jared wrote:Awesome article... thanks!

Boise is my favorite football team to watch -- pro or college. If they go undefeated, they better get a shot at a National Championship.

That's what I'm pulling for.
They're the best shot at blowing up the whole BCS system and moving towards a playoff.

CheeseHusker
Tiger Shark

Postby CheeseHusker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't want a playoff...

Loved the technical aspects of this article - wish there was more stuff like this out there. The technical parts is why I like "Movin' the Chains" with Pat Kirwan on Sirrius NFL
Heap O'Turtles

frUnkskUnk
Reef Shark

Postby frUnkskUnk » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:11 am

Really interesting article! It's all about motion pre snap! Generally the more you motion and change things up pre snap, the more the defense has to adjust and sometimes show if they are in a Man/Zone coverage. I'm suprised more teams in the NFL don't motion A LOT more pre snap, maybe they do and I just don't pay attention to it much. I do play a lot of Madden and even in the game it's the same s--t, motion pre snap generally will show the coverage the defense is running. If they wan't to try and hide the Zone/Man coverage, just overload the s--t out of one side and make them try and cover it.

Sometimes when I'm watching NFL games, I always wonder, why don't teams move their #1 WR around more. In the Slot, in the Backfield, Switch sides, etc. Not just send him out wide every play. Maybe some teams do this again and I just don't notice it. :shock:

Gomer
Blue Shark

Postby Gomer » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:59 pm

That was awesome!
All my great ideas, I've regretted most of them.

Return to “Non-Football Chat”