Madden '13

Any non-football topics: video games, movies, politics, chicks, poker, but be respectful.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

_Bison
Rookie

Madden '13

Postby _Bison » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Not an intense gamer or anything, but I did pick up Madden 13 the other night.

Pretty let down about no fantasy drafts this season. Why? Makes no sense for EA Sports to get rid of it and I'd expect it to be back in 2014.

Gameplay is as realistic as it has ever been though, and the new "franchise" but not really franchise mode is actually right up my alley. A lot of moves to make as a coach and in depth scouting of college players. Having fun with that for sure.

Any other Madden players out there? What are your thoughts on this year's edition?

- Bison
"Pro football is like nuclear warfare. There are no winners, only survivors." - Frank Gifford

diecast187
Rookie

Re: Madden '13

Postby diecast187 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:16 pm

I like it but my problems with the game are similar to yours. Alos i thnik the players look extra buff

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:34 pm

passing is super easy this year. Press coverage continues to bump the WR for the whole play though. Use lots of 2 man under with press coverage...it helps. Good off playbooks are Saints, Atl, and Cleveland. Defensive playbooks of Cincy and Dallas are nice. BEST ADVISE...throw to the spot where the WR will be with a hard lead before he cuts....not like previous years where you threw after the wideout made his cut. Also, you will HAVE to know how to stop the pistol this year...

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:40 pm

if there is any interest, I'll give my DS boys some money plays...

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Fantasy Draft was an option when I did the connected franchise with my buddy.
We opted out but I remember seeing it as a choice.

That is fun, I love connected franchise. It finally allows friends to participate in the same franchise mode.
Nothing is better than stealing your friends favorite player in FA (my friend stole my 26 sack DE and has been sending me his highlight reel just to piss me off)
DraftSharks Dynasty League: Now Enrolling
http://www.draftsharks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52359

2013 Playoff Roster
12 Team Dynasty PPR - 6PassTD:
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex/DST/K

QB: Cam Newton
RB:Shady McCoy, Andre Ellington
WR:Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald, Cordarelle Patterson, Da'Rick Rogers
TE: Jason Witten
DST:Denver Broncos
K:Mason Crosby

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Oh, if anyone wants to add me on XBOX Live : nbreasy

2013 Playoff Roster

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Use a custom playbook built off of the Browns offensive playbook. Add in pistol ace, pistol trips, and I form-twins flex.
As for Defense, use Cincy Def. Add in the 4-4 split in a custom playbook...you will need this formation to stop the run.

As far as which teams to use...San Fran and Seattle are great. After them I recommend GB and Cincy. Use the backup QB for these two teams to run the read option.

You will have to know how to run and STOP the read option in order to be competitive...

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:27 pm

I have only used the Bengals for online play since the release.

Custom playbooks + audibles are beautiful.
I use about 4 formations from nickel and 4 from dime especially the ones that put 3 Safeties on the field. (4-6 and 4-4 are necessities)

My favorite offensive formations are 3WR + HB + TE especially the one under shotgun that has the TE lining up as a FB (offset but in between the QB and the Lineman) because calling an audible from that to the spread [2WR O-Line HB TE WR] can be particularly devastating to teams with LBs who cant cover man to man. I'll also substitute Gresham to the slot receiver making it look like [WR TE O-line HB TE WR] which makes for some NASTY bubble screens to Gio especially if you sub that spread formation to look like [AJ Sanu O-line Gio Gresham Eifert].

I'm going to start using the backup QB for the Bengals a little more since most of my passes are quick intermediate routes and screens (alex smith style) with the occasional double move to keep them honest and the ability to run the Read option with more devastating effect intrigues me. Andy at most will get 10-13 yards on a keeper.

AJ Green on the curl route 10 yards down the field is almost a guaranteed 10-11 yards unless you're up against some HARD hitting CBs at which points it's almost 75% (precision low and away)

Stick 'n Nod with Gio in the slot is a sweet way to burn human defenders who try to take away your secret weapon (75 catching + 70 CIT with his speed is no joke)

I've only played 42 head to head games and I'm 22-20 which isn't good by any means. I'll try the read option more and see if that separates me.

How do you guys stop the Pistol? I like to send the corners from the outside while I use the safety to cover the void if I feel that's what is coming (always have a corner blitz to audible into).

2013 Playoff Roster

8eights
Blue Shark

Postby 8eights » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:11 pm

there is a good youtube video explaining how to use the 5-2 to stop read options(google it). Otherwise, the 4-4 will do an ok job. it wont stop it, but it will keep your opponents from breaking those big runs...

THE READ OPTION IS AWESOME. Hold A to hand off to the RB, or let go of A for the QB keeper. With the triple option the same applies, but when the QB keeps it you can flip it to the other back by hitting LB. Best run this year is Shotgun-full panther-qb wrap. Just tap A as the HB will rarely get you anything. Cincy backup QB Johnson running this play will help you break some huge runs to the outside...HB counters out of shotgun are the money this year as far as non-read option running.

On defense all you need is in the cincy def playbook, but you must add the 4-4 split and 5-2 to be able to stop runs. Best blitzes are in the 4-6 and nickel-9 wide (the name might be wrong, its the very last nickel formation in cincy playbook). Nickel normal has the best goalline defense in cover 2 if you make the right adjustments.

Add me as a friend, I'll show my DS peers EVERYTHING for free. I'm ranked top 3000 this year ( I used to be much better, but the kids cut into my playing time), and I used to sell Madden e-books on my website...Be sure to send me a note saying you are a DS friend, so I'll accept your friend request. My gamertag is "pinkninja8" without the quotes. I'd like a crew of 5-10 DS people to lab and workshop with...Happy gaming

Return to “Non-Football Chat”