RUSH finally in the Hall of Fame!!!

Any non-football topics: video games, movies, politics, chicks, poker, but be respectful.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

chilly
Tiger Shark

RUSH finally in the Hall of Fame!!!

Postby chilly » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Huge Rush fan all my life. Just went to see them in concert with lil' Chilly. They still have it. Amazing time!!

Always felt Rush has been a little under appreciated, so it is nice to see them finally get the recognition they deserve.

Not sure how Beastie Boys, Guns and Roses, and Red Hot Chilli Peppers got in the Hall of Fame before them. ?????

Love to hear your thoughts....

Chilly
The number of leagues I have committed to is absurd!

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

Re: RUSH finally in the Hall of Fame!!!

Postby CrackedAces » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:47 pm

I had a friend post this on Facebook recently (I am assuming due to Rush getting into HOF) and I thought it summed it up perfectly:

"Rush is like cilantro, you either love it or you hate it."

And you know what? They are right. I never hear anyone say "ya, I kind of like cilantro." It's either "Oh god I LOVE THAT STUFF" or "BLAH, disgusting!"

Rush is the same way, I have never once heard anyone say "Ya, I like a song or two of theirs". It's either live and die Rush or despise them. I am not a Rush fan. Despise is probably stronger of a word than I would use for them, but fact is, I have yet to hear a Rush song I do like.

Than again, I like Beastie Boys, Guns and Roses and RHCP, lol!

Truth be told, I am simply a product of the 80's and will listen to hair metal (especially the ballads) all day every day if you let me. Music is personal preference though and if someone likes Rush, more power to them. Enjoy it!

chilly
Tiger Shark

Postby chilly » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:44 pm

You nailed the Cilantro thing!! Well done!

I happen to be in the category of loving cilantro and Rush. I wonder if they go hand in hand? Good poll question!

Music is definitely all about specific tastes. My wife hates Rush with a passion, because I think it reminds her of an old jerky boyfriend!

Good stuff.... keep the opinions coming
The number of leagues I have committed to is absurd!

commish.lafl
Reef Shark

Postby commish.lafl » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:09 pm

I've been a huge Rush fan for around 25 years, since high school. The opposite of CrackedAces, I like everything they've done - perhaps some songs a bit less than most, but I've never had cause to turn off or skip a Rush song. More importantly, I have a great respect for the fact that they've been around for so long. They have managed to stay on top of their game for so long, even if they are never truly relevant to mainstream music. They are all at or near the top in their respective musicianships. And it always amazes me how much their music has changed over the years.

I believe I recall reading that Rush fans have made more of a fuss about their induction than they ever have. Personally I could not care less about the R&R HoF, as many of the bands in there don't interest me. Nor do I care whether Rush is in or not.

I suggest anyone who does like Rush checks out the documentary Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage - it's really good stuff. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1545103/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

- Corey

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand."
- from Witch Hunt, from Moving Pictures
Big Damn Heroes: *Keeper, Pass 1/75yd, 4/TD; Run/Rec 1/25yd, 6/TD
QB *Prescott, Rivers
RB Crowell, Hyde, Powell, Perkins, JWilliams
WR ABrown, DBryant, MBryant, Britt, TyWilliams, Doctson
TE Graham, Engram

Clockwork Angels: IDP+PPR, *Keeper, TD 3/6/9, PYds 1/30, R/RYds 1/10
QB Mariota, Dalton, Wentz
RB *DaJohnson, Hunt, Powell, DMartin, Carson
WR *MThomas, OBJ, Crabtree, Garcon, Hogan, Godwin
TE Olsen, Gathers
DL Ingram, Wilkerson, Ogbah, Spence
LB *Kwon, Kuechly, Freeman, Houston, VIgil, James
DB Joseph, SDavis, BJones

Hornsfan78
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Hornsfan78 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:37 am

Well maybe I am the exception to the rule, because I neither hate nor love Rush. They are good, IMHO, but not my favorite. (I do love cilantro, though).

My taste in music is pretty eclectic, ranging from relative no names like Lincoln Durham, The Band of Heathens and Bob Schneider, to the Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin and the Who, as well as Willie Nelson, Lyle Lovett and Ray Wylie Hubbard.

Don't know how you put a label on that.

Regardless, congrats to Rush!
2016 Champion 9 Hot Dogs & a Taco and DS Keeper League
9 Hot Dogs & a Taco
10 Team Keeper league
'17 Draft Round (x) *=Keepers
QBs: R Wilson (4), A Luck (14)
RBs:*Da Johnson (18) *E Elliott (1) *J Howard (20) R Kelly (6) C Carson (13) A Kamara (16) J Allen (WW)
WRs: *K Benjamin (19) A Cooper (2) G Tate (3) D Jax (5) Ty Williams (8) J Maclin (9) C Coleman (10)
TE: *T Kelce (7)

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
1pt per 10 ru/re 25 pa; All TD's 6pts

Damn Yankee
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Damn Yankee » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Love or hate...this was LONG overdue. I liked...not loved Rush, but I thought their absence from the HOF was borderline criminal.
If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand - Phil Helmuth

Return to “Non-Football Chat”