FFPC...Who's in?

League announcements, invites, office pools, Vegas lines, all recreational of course.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

SmoovJC
Blue Shark

FFPC...Who's in?

Postby SmoovJC » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm drafting out of the dreaded "4" spot. Any other DS guys playing?
"If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough!"

Superbowl Champion '04, '07, '08, '11

JetFan1983
Great White

Re: FFPC...Who's in?

Postby JetFan1983 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Thinking about it. Also thinking about that new one Emil Kadlec is putting together in Vegas. The FFWC I think it's called. Same structure and buyin.

Hard to trust these people after the wcofs debacle a year ago. I'm probably doing them though.
I wanna kiss you...I couldn't care less about the team.
- Joe Namath

SmoovJC
Blue Shark

Postby SmoovJC » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:31 pm

One of my buddies won his WCOF league, and got stiffed. At least FFPC has the money in an escrow account. That makes me feel better about the whole thing!
"If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough!"

Superbowl Champion '04, '07, '08, '11

JetFan1983
Great White

Postby JetFan1983 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:25 am

Yea, the guy who owns FFWC told me over the phone their winnings were in escrow too. Of course I wouldn't forget to ask him that question haha (smiley face/crying face). I talked to him for about 40 minutes about the wcofs situation since he was one of the original wcoff founders along with our boy Lenny Papano (they sold it a few years ago to Dustin Ashby who turned out to be either a conman or a really, putrid business man, in case people reading this were wondering). Pretty awful. Ashby and his people (or just Ashby himself, no one really knows as far as I know) stole about 8K from me. Brutal stuff. I'm over it though. I got my full tilt account seized in April of 2011 too so it was the year of the scam for me.

At least they say Poker stars will give me my full tilt money back in November. I'm not holding my breath though.

It's always fun getting scammed out of thousands of dollars you've earn with hard work. At least I can laugh about it. It's only money in the end. And of course, I'm not that jaded since I'm probably throwing a few more Gs on this stupid game in these types of leagues this coming week. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, I'm obsessed with gambling.

Wait, that's not how it goes.
I wanna kiss you...I couldn't care less about the team.
- Joe Namath

booger
DRAFT SHARK

Postby booger » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:06 pm

I've played in it every year and love it. I'm having to miss Vegas this year...Really pissed about that; however my draft positions for the main event are 3, 5, 7, and 11. I've already drafted two regular FFPC teams from the 4th and 5th hole and i have one tonight from the 5th hole. I'll draft two more teams sometime next week for my final tune-up for the main event.

Good Luck

Return to “Leagues/Contests/Pick 'em”