Recommendations for public league w/ cash rewards?

League announcements, invites, office pools, Vegas lines, all recreational of course.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

machine74
Reef Shark

Recommendations for public league w/ cash rewards?

Postby machine74 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:04 pm

I was just looking around and I see Yahoo is getting good press for their droid app, and they have public 10-team leagues with payouts for the Top 3 via PayPal.

I run my own private league but I'm considering another one for fun. What do you guys play?

Thanks,
Machine
10 team, non-PPR, 6 pts passing TD, 6 pts rush/rec TD, 1 pt/20 yds passing, 1 pt/10 yds rushing/receiving, -2 for Turnovers
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, Def, K.

[/color]

Current 2015 Roster
QB: Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota
RB: Alfred Morris, Melvin Gordon, Latavius Murray, Danny Woodhead, Matt Jones
WR: Demaryius Thomas, T.Y. Hilton, Devante Adams, Golden Tate, Martavius Bryant, Donte Moncrief
TE: Tyler Eifert

2012, 2011, 2009 League Champ

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Recommendations for public league w/ cash rewards?

Postby omiller315 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:50 pm

machine74 wrote:I was just looking around and I see Yahoo is getting good press for their droid app, and they have public 10-team leagues with payouts for the Top 3 via PayPal.

I run my own private league but I'm considering another one for fun. What do you guys play?

Thanks,
Machine

My money league is Yahoo. I use to have one on MFL, but too many medical issues has caused me to not be commish anymore and abandon it,

machine74
Reef Shark

Postby machine74 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:56 pm

omiller315 wrote:
machine74 wrote:I was just looking around and I see Yahoo is getting good press for their droid app, and they have public 10-team leagues with payouts for the Top 3 via PayPal.

Thanks,
Machine

My money league is Yahoo. I use to have one on MFL, but too many medical issues has caused me to not be commish anymore and abandon it,

Is the competition ok at the lower payout games?
10 team, non-PPR, 6 pts passing TD, 6 pts rush/rec TD, 1 pt/20 yds passing, 1 pt/10 yds rushing/receiving, -2 for Turnovers

[/color]

Current 2015 Roster
WR: Demaryius Thomas, T.Y. Hilton, Devante Adams, Golden Tate, Martavius Bryant, Donte Moncrief

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:00 pm

machine74 wrote:
omiller315 wrote:

Thanks,
Machine

Is the competition ok at the lower payout games?

Sorry. I misread. All my leagues are private. Never did a public one except for those MFL10/50 leagues that are draft only.

Frunk
Reef Shark

Postby Frunk » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:35 pm

I wouldn't play on CBS, that's one thing or sure. They rake way to much of the prize pool for themselves. Plus to actually get your check for your winnings takes forever. I've never played in any Yahoo money leagues, how bad is their rake on their money leagues?

And how much entry fee are you looking to spend? MyFantasyLeague offers $10 and $50 buy-ins leagues. And you can do Draft Masters format (draft only) or Weekly Management leagues. In the $10 leagues, 1st place wins $100, 2nd place gets a free $10 entry to 2014 league. In the $50 leagues, 1st place wins $500, 2nd place gets a free $50 entry to 2014 leagues. 90% payout ratio according to their website.

If you want higher stakes, the FFPC offers some big money leagues.

EDIT: I'm on my 8th MFL this year, doing all the draft only formats like omiller.

machine74
Reef Shark

Postby machine74 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:15 pm

Frunk wrote:I wouldn't play on CBS, that's one thing or sure. They rake way to much of the prize pool for themselves. Plus to actually get your check for your winnings takes forever. I've never played in any Yahoo money leagues, how bad is their rake on their money leagues?

And how much entry fee are you looking to spend? MyFantasyLeague offers $10 and $50 buy-ins leagues. And you can do Draft Masters format (draft only) or Weekly Management leagues. In the $10 leagues, 1st place wins $100, 2nd place gets a free $10 entry to 2014 league. In the $50 leagues, 1st place wins $500, 2nd place gets a free $50 entry to 2014 leagues. 90% payout ratio according to their website.

If you want higher stakes, the FFPC offers some big money leagues.

EDIT: I'm on my 8th MFL this year, doing all the draft only formats like omiller.

It looks like Yahoo is $20/$100/$250 and you can win x, 3x, and 5x your money. Looks interesting.

[/color]

Current 2015 Roster

cowboybob
Blue Shark

Postby cowboybob » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm fairly new at fantasy football. I'm in a couple of friends/family leagues and it's fun, but with all the resources and help here I'm looking for something a bit more challenging. I've seen MyFantasyLeagues and Masters discussed, but do any of you have opinions or preferences. Not ready for high-roller stakes by a long shot, but would like something where everyone takes it seriously, is competitive and stays involved. Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions.

Return to “Leagues/Contests/Pick 'em”