Survivor Leagues

League announcements, invites, office pools, Vegas lines, all recreational of course.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

Survivor Leagues

Postby CrackedAces » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Curious to know how those of you that play in Survivor leagues evaluate your picks each week. Do you have a criteria you use, of simply go by gut?

I am in two this year, and am still alive. This week seems to bring me some difficulties though as most of the obvious picks, I have already used.

How do you approach this type of game?

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Survivor Leagues

Postby omiller315 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:43 pm

I generally go gut. The 1st day I can submit picks, I will see what I like and pick one, so I don't forget. Then over the weekend I will eyeball it and see if anything changed. This week is tough for me as well with alot of my obvious teams used. My gut this week is 49ers over Titans, however this is the week I feel the leas confident so far.

mag900
Blue Shark

Postby mag900 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:00 pm

i don't take road teams and don't take intradivision games unless i am forced to. i also don't like west coast teams playing at 1pm on the east coast. GB is the most popular pick and satisfies these rules but they scare me with all of their injuries on both sides of the ball. i therefore am violating the intradivision rule and taking miami at home against buff. now watch them lose.

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

Postby CrackedAces » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:38 pm

Currently, about the only stipulation I go for, is that I like taking home teams. Again, due to previous picks, I think these are the best options for me this week. Anyone care to chime in on their thoughts:

Green Bay vs Cleveland
Miami vs Buffalo
Carolina vs STL
Atlanta vs Tampa Bay

My guess, is that GB and ATL drop due to recent injuries. So Miami or Carolina? Not a fan of either, thus the dilemma for me this week. KC vs Houston is also a possibility, as are SD at Jax and SF at Tenn.

rwhip76
Tiger Shark

Postby rwhip76 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:35 pm

Gut...while staying away from rivalry games.

personally, I don't really like any of your choices. You've already picked San Diego and Kansas City? If you have, I like Dallas, Chicago, and Baltimore (rivalry game??) more than the choices you listed.

Personally, I'm rolling with KC this week.

You could always use the Vegas line on each game to find the highest margins and go with those games if you need to flip a coin.

EDIT: I usually refrain from giving advice on this topic 'cause sh%t happens and I'd feel bad if I talked you out of your gut pick. But after looking at your possible other picks at the bottom of your post, I'd go with any of those over your original list (i.e. SF, KC, SD)

JayC
Reef Shark

Postby JayC » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:02 pm

CrackedAces wrote:Currently, about the only stipulation I go for, is that I like taking home teams. Again, due to previous picks, I think these are the best options for me this week. Anyone care to chime in on their thoughts:

Green Bay vs Cleveland
Miami vs Buffalo
Carolina vs STL
Atlanta vs Tampa Bay

My guess, is that GB and ATL drop due to recent injuries. So Miami or Carolina? Not a fan of either, thus the dilemma for me this week. KC vs Houston is also a possibility, as are SD at Jax and SF at Tenn.

Aces, I like Carolina the most in that list, then Green Bay. Injuries or no, I just don't see Cleveland being able to score enough to keep up with the Pack. I'm a Dolphin fan, so I generally don't pick them in Survivor pools because I can't be objective enough… :-)
League 1: 10-team full point PPR, All TD's 6pts, 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K,1DEF
QB: Brees, Stafford
WR: Julio, Dez, Demetrius Thomas, Moncrief, Benjamin
RB: Ingram, Jennings, Hill, Blount, Deandre Washington
TE: J. Thomas, Barnidge
K: Crosby
DEF: Minnesota

League 2: 10-team standard, Passing TD's 4pts, All other TD's 6pts, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1K,1DEF
QB: Bortles
WR: Jordy, Tate, Maclin, Demetrius Thomas, Sharpe
RB: Miller, Deangelo Williams, LeVeon Bell, Gore, Langford
TE: J. Thomas, Barnidge
K: Crosby
DEF: Pittsburgh

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

Postby CrackedAces » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:26 pm

Anyone else with thoughts on this? Leaning more and more towards Carolina.

rwhip76
Tiger Shark

Postby rwhip76 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:51 am

Why would you pick Carolina over SF?

Carolina seems to be inconsistent. I'd go with SD over Carolina, but they're a little inconsistent as well (but they do match up against JAX).

Sorry, but Carolina seems like a it's a little too crafty. That pick is not the best matchup of the week in regards to making it into next week.

Return to “Leagues/Contests/Pick 'em”