DS Dynasty League

League announcements, invites, office pools, Vegas lines, all recreational of course.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

cowboybob
Blue Shark

DS Dynasty League

Postby cowboybob » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:47 pm

First off....Piratez has started a similar thread for a Dynasty league with auction, salary cap and FAAB. Apologies to him if he feels we are hijacking what he is trying to start. Maybe the 2 ideas can be merged and we can find enough people to start a new league. I realize some may be reluctant to go with one format over the other, so let's just see what we can work out. OK>>>now on to what was discussed in Shark Talk thread on the idea started by cpthehighboy.

I'd prefer non-idp, but if that what it took to get enough guys, I'd go along with it.

Having said that, Jakam's suggestion of toning down the defenses, appeals to me. In one league I'm in KC scored 59 pts this week. That league also has what I think is a ridiculous scoring of 1pt/10return yards. Teams gives up 7 TD's and a FG, and they get 9(including KO to start half) KO returns.

The Masters league I am in has toned it down by just giving 1 pt. for INTs, Fumble Recoveries, and Sacks, 2 pts for safety, and 6 for DST TD. Plus the scoring for pts. allowed is minimal, 6 for 0-2, 3 for 3-13, and 0 for 14+.

While we are throwing out preferences.....PPR or non-PPR? My vote would be PPR.

My commish experience in FF is zero, but I have had that role in fantasy baseball. I'm not campaigning for it and would certainly defer to anyone who had experience or desires, but if it came down to no one else wanting it, I would consider. (Heavy on CONSIDER)

Let's keep this thought alive. The season is winding down and if we only have 6 or so interested, we might be able to pick up some when next season starts getting active. 12 team (or even more) would be ideal, IMO, but we have watered down the FA pool in my 10 teamer by adding and addition flex to the stardard roster.

jakam31
Great White

Re: DS Dynasty League

Postby jakam31 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:32 pm

Lot of good stuff already posted - Good work, Bob.

Here are my thoughts/questions:

- Piratez - This is something you have probably seen on the Shark Talk board as it was started yesterday. If you have some people who are thinking about a dynasty and you think this would work by all means post in this thread.

- I would prefer PPR because I think it gives you more options to choose from. It also seems that PPR is the way most leagues are going now so the "standard" way of scoring is now PPR.

- Agree completely with toning down the defenses. Your scoring suggestion is pretty tough on defenses, but I like it. I would like to consider 2 points per turnover though because those mean more than sacks do. It doesn't seem people have too much interest in the IDP idea, although let me throw this out: You can play with just 1 IDP. You do not have to use multiple guys or even multiple positions. Sometimes I think people believe you have to use 3 LBs or 2 DBs when in reality you can use 1 LB and call it a day.

- I have never been the commissioner of any league and I have also never used the Master's site. I don't know the difficulty level of being a commish but since I don't see people jumping at the chance I will assume it is not an easy task. I may not be the right person to do it since I do not have experience.

- And speaking of that, what are we thinking for buy-in? I recently found out my wife and I will be welcoming our first child next July so I don't know if I can spend an inordinate amount of money on this.

I am sure there are other details to work out: Scoring, roster size, starting requirements, draft date, draft format... Just a few things off the top of my head.
Slim Roethlisberger - A Show Me Your TD's Production

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Lamar Miller, Ellington, Gio, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Devonte Freeman
WR - Damaryius, Jordy, JMatt, Charles Johnson, Quick, Toon
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

https://bestplayeravailable.wordpress.com

cowboybob
Blue Shark

Postby cowboybob » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:41 pm

Wow...Jakam. Congrats on the news. If it's a boy, here's hoping he'a a first-round pick in 2036.

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:13 pm

I have been the commish of a league for close to 15 years or more. I do think it is easy to commish "friends" vs being a commish of relative strangers on the internet or at least knowing my league and who might bring up petty crap. I think people here would be pretty trusting though. I would consider, but not sure I would want the job. Alot of uncertainties in my life with surgeries and such and not sure I want to commit to being a commish, but would def commit to being in the league.

I would say if it went IDP, the most I would feel comfortable with is one lineman, one line backer and one DB. That said I think it is easier to stick to basic team defense, no return yards and scoring similar to what was mentioned before. In my league KC scored 36pts this week. Basic 2 per sack/fumble/int and 6 pts for TD along with 15 pt shutouts and subtractions per points scored. I think that could be alittle high. I would be ok with maybe 10pts shutout, 7 pts for 3 or less and 5 pts for 7 or less. 0 for basically giving up more than 2 scores. Of course whatever the scoring is, I would go with it.

I agree about PPR. I have been in PPR and non PPR and I like PPR better....

I think it bets we get 12 people and then vote/brainstorm on roster sizes, scoring and # of keepers. I never did dynasty and not sure if you keep a full lineup, full team, rookie only draft etc.

soup2345
Great White

Postby soup2345 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:19 pm

I am in favor of PPR and non IDP. I have never played in a dynasty though so I am open to whatever the group consensus is. Looking forward to this league coming together.

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:35 pm

I think the way my current dynasty scores DST is pretty spot on.
Highest total I saw was from seattle scoring 41 points.

Seattle: 304
Atlanta: 143

They Reward
TDs 6
Safeties 5
TO's 3
Blocked Kicks 2
Sacks 1

Total Points Allowed 0-0 12
Total Points Allowed 2-6 10
Total Points Allowed 7-13 8
Total Points Allowed 14-20 6
Total Points Allowed 21-27 4
Total Points Allowed 28-34 2
Total Points Allowed 35-41 0
Total Points Allowed 42-48 -2
Total Points Allowed 49-999 -4
Total Net Yards Allowed 0-99 12
Total Net Yards Allowed 101-200 10
Total Net Yards Allowed 201-250 8
Total Net Yards Allowed 251-300 6
Total Net Yards Allowed 301-350 4
Total Net Yards Allowed 351-400 2
Total Net Yards Allowed 401-450 0
Total Net Yards Allowed 451-500 -2
Total Net Yards Allowed 501-999 -4

No return yards. I think if we tone down the TO's and Safeties this could be a nice way to score team defense.
DraftSharks Dynasty League: Now Enrolling
http://www.draftsharks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52359

2013 Playoff Roster
12 Team Dynasty PPR - 6PassTD:
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex/DST/K

QB: Cam Newton
RB:Shady McCoy, Andre Ellington
WR:Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald, Cordarelle Patterson, Da'Rick Rogers
TE: Jason Witten
DST:Denver Broncos
K:Mason Crosby

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:38 pm

I would also advocate hosting the league with MyFantasyLeague.
I used them for the first time this year and have NO complaints.

I know how to set up a league there and would do it if no one else really wanted the position.

Edit: I would also agree to use PPR since it really has become the new standard for reasons mentioned above.

2013 Playoff Roster

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:42 pm

cpthehighboy wrote:I would also advocate hosting the league with MyFantasyLeague.
I used them for the first time this year and have NO complaints.

I know how to set up a league there and would do it if no one else really wanted the position.

Edit: I would also agree to use PPR since it really has become the new standard for reasons mentioned above.

I agree with MFL. MFL over the past few years saved me a ton of man hours. If they can score my funky ass scoring league, they can accommodate anything.

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:50 pm

I like how the scoring is set up once and the league is saved for good no potential mistakes from year to year.
Their Live Scoring isn't bad either. I like how I can watch all my leagues from one window.

2013 Playoff Roster

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:32 am

cpthehighboy wrote:I like how the scoring is set up once and the league is saved for good no potential mistakes from year to year.
Their Live Scoring isn't bad either. I like how I can watch all my leagues from one window.

Have you ever dealt with their Customer Service? Top Notch and helped me tweak the league the way I needed.

jakam31
Great White

Postby jakam31 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:30 am

cowboybob wrote:Wow...Jakam. Congrats on the news. If it's a boy, here's hoping he'a a first-round pick in 2036.

Thanks Bob - we are excited... but I think it will be a girl although as long as the baby is healthy it doesn't make a difference. I will be the dad off the commercial when the little girl is yelling about the princess show while I am trying to watch football. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Slim Roethlisberger - A Show Me Your TD's Production

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Lamar Miller, Ellington, Gio, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Devonte Freeman
WR - Damaryius, Jordy, JMatt, Charles Johnson, Quick, Toon
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

https://bestplayeravailable.wordpress.com

meanmachine
Blue Shark

Postby meanmachine » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 am

I'm not sure from the posts how many interested owners you have so far, but I will commit to taking a team if you still have a spot available. I'll do IDP or not as I enjoy both formats. Definitely prefer PPR, but can adapt if the majority prefer a different system.
So please let me know as the ball gets rolling.
QB: A-Rodg, Cutler, Gabbert
RB: Bradshaw, MoJo, R. Williams, B. Scott, K. Hunter, Choice
WR: A. Johnson, AJ Green, Britt, K. Wright, M. Floyd (AZ), Ogletree
TE: Finley, Pitta, Lewis

cowboybob
Blue Shark

Postby cowboybob » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:53 am

I'm seeing 8, including myself that have shown interests;
cowboybob
cpthehighboy
soup
jakam
Broncos18
docjr
omiller
meanmachine

We're getting there. 4 more and we could discuss formats to see if all are still interested.

Poobah
Great White

Postby Poobah » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:48 pm

You can put me on the list of interested parties, $$ being the big issue for me. I'd far rather waste a lot of my time doing this stuff than my money. :lol:

cowboybob
Blue Shark

Postby cowboybob » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Poobah wrote:You can put me on the list of interested parties, $$ being the big issue for me. I'd far rather waste a lot of my time doing this stuff than my money. :lol:

Great Poobah! You would make #9 that has expressed interest. When we get to 12 we can start discussing $$. I'm really excited about this. The leagues I am in have some good owners, some so-so, and a couple of deadbeats. I know everyone on DS will take it seriously, no so much about the money, but for the competition. Only problem I see, is how the heck can I out-shark anyone when if I post my thoughts on here, everyone will know what I'm thinking? :?

Return to “Leagues/Contests/Pick 'em”