DS Dynasty League

League announcements, invites, office pools, Vegas lines, all recreational of course.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Re: DS Dynasty League

Postby cpthehighboy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:36 pm

Only problem I see, is how the heck can I out-shark anyone when if I post my thoughts on here, everyone will know what I'm thinking?

Wine in front of me...
That's probably the thing that intrigues me the most!

I'd look to do no more than a 50$ buy-in.
DraftSharks Dynasty League: Now Enrolling
http://www.draftsharks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52359

2013 Playoff Roster
12 Team Dynasty PPR - 6PassTD:
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex/DST/K

QB: Cam Newton
RB:Shady McCoy, Andre Ellington
WR:Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald, Cordarelle Patterson, Da'Rick Rogers
TE: Jason Witten
DST:Denver Broncos
K:Mason Crosby

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:51 pm

cowboybob wrote:
Poobah wrote:You can put me on the list of interested parties, $$ being the big issue for me. I'd far rather waste a lot of my time doing this stuff than my money. :lol:

Great Poobah! You would make #9 that has expressed interest. When we get to 12 we can start discussing $$. I'm really excited about this. The leagues I am in have some good owners, some so-so, and a couple of deadbeats. I know everyone on DS will take it seriously, no so much about the money, but for the competition. Only problem I see, is how the heck can I out-shark anyone when if I post my thoughts on here, everyone will know what I'm thinking? :?

Bob. You should have seen the (2) MFL 10 leagues we did over the summer. It was so tough to draft, cause everyone was on a similar list. You just knew the person you wanted would never get back to you. Dynasty will be a whole new ball game cause pick #1 in redraft, might not be the 1st pick in dynasty. I am looking forward to the learning curve

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Dynasty will be a whole new ball game cause pick #1 in redraft, might not be the 1st pick in dynasty. I am looking forward to the learning curve

I took over a dynasty team this year with some good rookie picks and a nice draft class.
I also did a startup dynasty team-- and boy did I suck.

Balancing future talent with current talent seemed to do me well (pre-draft) but I ended up losing big time.
Next year though my team looks like it will have a serious shot at a title-- just need my rookies to continue to develop (looking at you Marcus Wheaton).

So I guess what I'm saying is that I have no idea how to draft a startup dynasty team :?

2013 Playoff Roster

cowboybob
Blue Shark

Postby cowboybob » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:23 pm

cpthehighboy wrote:
Dynasty will be a whole new ball game cause pick #1 in redraft, might not be the 1st pick in dynasty. I am looking forward to the learning curve

I took over a dynasty team this year with some good rookie picks and a nice draft class.
I also did a startup dynasty team-- and boy did I suck.

Balancing future talent with current talent seemed to do me well (pre-draft) but I ended up losing big time.
Next year though my team looks like it will have a serious shot at a title-- just need my rookies to continue to develop (looking at you Marcus Wheaton).

So I guess what I'm saying is that I have no idea how to draft a startup dynasty team :?

That makes two of us.

A couple of interested parties have stated that $50 would be max. I would agree on that, especially the first year, since dynasty may be a new animal to some of us. Along those lines, since we now have 9 interested parties, maybe we ought to kick around a $$ figure. That way, we will know how many of the 9 are still interested and maybe attract a few more that aren't interested in something high-stakes.

I sense that 12 team, PPR is what we are looking at, so maybe we can take the next step in getting this circus off the ground???

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:52 pm

I sense that 12 team, PPR is what we are looking at

That does seem to be the consensus.
If we were to use MFL and registered early enough (most likely) we would pay around 60$ for the hosting site.

Leaving around 540$ in the pot
If we use leaguesafe I believe they tack on $1.50 to your entry fee when using a CC (free deposit if using e-check) and would charge 5$ to whoever gets paid out via e-check.

I would be interested in having Payouts for Highest Scorer and Highest VP (assuming we use victory points to determine seeding).

Payouts looking like:
Champion: 270$
Highest Total Season Points: 100$
Highest Victory Points: 100$
"Toilet Bowl Winner": 70$

Since I mentioned using victory points to determine playoff seeding, what are your opinions regarding the matter?

Edit: For those unsure of how VP works.
VP (Victory Points) are distributed in the following fashion:

1 Win = 2 VP's
1 Tie = 1 VP
1 Loss = 0 VP's

Top 4 Weekly Scoring = 2 VP's
Middle 4 Weekly Scoring = 1 VP
Bottom 4 Weekly Scoring = 0 VP's

2013 Playoff Roster

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:41 pm

omiller315 wrote:think it bets we get 12 people and then vote/brainstorm on roster sizes, scoring and # of keepers. I never did dynasty and not sure if you keep a full lineup, full team, rookie only draft etc.

I don't know how I missed this but you bring up a great point.
In my opinion the purpose of the Dynasty format is that there is no Keeper limit.

You draft your guys for the long haul. Drafting Rookies only (or free agents) after year one.
FA pool is locked during the offseason. Cut downs to the required roster size are made AFTER the rookie draft. Which are then locked until Week 1 Waiver Wire Opening.

Doing the FA's and Drafting in this way places a bigger importance on your year to year draft picks and since you can accumulate a few extra picks you'll have to choose who to release after the draft.

Trades would be the only way to affect your roster during the offseason.

On the topic of roster size, since this is a Dynasty and you most likely spent those valuable draft picks on a guy you want to watch develop. I would be a proponent of having a Injured Reserve (effectively deactivating them until the roster cutdown date) freeing up a roster spot. I'm in a league that allows 5-- which I think is ridiculous-- I'd be on board with no more than 2 or 3.

Another thing about the startup Dynasty draft I did this year: rookies weren't allowed to be drafted until round 20 (making pick #12 pick #1 in the rookie section of the draft) I liked the strategy behind this since I essentially held out on drafting a RB2 because I was certain of getting Lacy or Gio (ended up getting Gio woot).

Just some more food for thought.

2013 Playoff Roster

Celow
Great White

Postby Celow » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:49 pm

I'd like to join. Seems I've ended up in 2 keeper leagues and a redraft league and I've always wanted to do a Dynasty league.
"And doing something at least once involving a waiting getaway car is the birthright of every American male." Lenny Pappano

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Thanks Celow

That makes 10 of us now.
What are your thoughts on a Buy-in? A few of us have suggested no more than 50$ (most likely wanting to be at 50$).

2013 Playoff Roster

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:00 pm

1. CPthehighboy
2. cowboybob
3. soup2345
4. jakam31
5. Broncos18
6. docjr03
7. omiller
8. Hobbes4166 (non-idp)
9. meanmachine
10. Poobah
11. Celow
12. Arsenal

I actually count 11 so only one more spot needed (DSMARTY or DSJARED)
Last edited by cpthehighboy on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2013 Playoff Roster

cowboybob
Blue Shark

Postby cowboybob » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Does anyone who is already in a Dynasty, have a league constitution? If so, PM me and I could send you my email addy, so I could look it over.

Thanks

Arsenal
Reef Shark

Postby Arsenal » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:00 pm

I am interested in filling the last spot unless by the time I hit submit someone else beats me. I have never done a dynasty league, but have wanted to give it a shot. Seems several of us would be new to dynasty which should make for a nice learning curve and the $50 entry fee sounds good to me. Also, I have commissioned my "buddy league" for 13 years, it is a fair amount of work, but once you have established ground rules, it isn't so bad. We actually use a dual commish system that I think is great for checks and balances. Throwing that idea out there.

Also, while I am interested regardless, I am not a proponent of paying the Toilet Bowl winner. I personally have never understood why the team that sucks gets money at the end. How about paying 2nd place the $70? Also, just a thought...

Looking forward to discussing this in more detail.

Celow
Great White

Postby Celow » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:04 pm

cpthehighboy wrote:Thanks Celow

That makes 10 of us now.
What are your thoughts on a Buy-in? A few of us have suggested no more than 50$ (most likely wanting to be at 50$).

I'm fine with whatever on the entry.
"And doing something at least once involving a waiting getaway car is the birthright of every American male." Lenny Pappano

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks Arsenal... looks like we have a full roster of interested owners.

I wouldn't mind doing the leg work to set up a league over at MFL. I'd pay the initial fee to get going.
I REALLY wouldn't mind having a second commissioner for the obvious reason of checks and balance.

Would anyone be opposed to this?

I would prefer that the commissioner have some experience-- someone who could foresee potential issues or loopholes. I don't fit that bill, but as a gamer at heart I am always looking for ways to beat the system. Like others I have commissioned friend leagues; I actually set up a dynasty on MFL this year. If you guys agree to let me set it up, I would DEFINITELY want a second person with a lot more experience (omiller I'm looking at you 15 years is quite the track record).

Above all-- I just want to be a part of a league with integrity, and however that is accomplished is fine by me.

2013 Playoff Roster

jakam31
Great White

Postby jakam31 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Well... This has escalated quickly.

12 teams in. Looks like we can start getting some rules and bi-laws put together. If no one else steps to the plate for co-commish I'd think about it but I'd like to have an idea of what I'm in for prior to committing.

Cheers and good luck this week, gang.
Slim Roethlisberger - A Show Me Your TD's Production

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Lamar Miller, Ellington, Gio, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Devonte Freeman
WR - Damaryius, Jordy, JMatt, Charles Johnson, Quick, Toon
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

https://bestplayeravailable.wordpress.com

Piratez
Great White

Postby Piratez » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:58 am

Missed the boat completely on this one. After not getting a response for a while on the questions I had I just stopped checking. Let's up the challenge and go 16 teams!!!

Haha
YARRRRGH!

Return to “Leagues/Contests/Pick 'em”