DS Dynasty League

League announcements, invites, office pools, Vegas lines, all recreational of course.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

NYNY1
Rookie

Re: DS Dynasty League

Postby NYNY1 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:02 am

What's up guys! If someone backs out Please keep me in mind, I'd Love to be apart of this League!

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:47 pm

Piratez wrote:Missed the boat completely on this one. After not getting a response for a while on the questions I had I just stopped checking. Let's up the challenge and go 16 teams!!!

Haha

I am fine with 12/14/16. Whatever the consensus is.

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:02 pm

cpthehighboy wrote:Thanks Arsenal... looks like we have a full roster of interested owners.

I wouldn't mind doing the leg work to set up a league over at MFL. I'd pay the initial fee to get going.
I REALLY wouldn't mind having a second commissioner for the obvious reason of checks and balance.

Would anyone be opposed to this?

I would prefer that the commissioner have some experience-- someone who could foresee potential issues or loopholes. I don't fit that bill, but as a gamer at heart I am always looking for ways to beat the system. Like others I have commissioned friend leagues; I actually set up a dynasty on MFL this year. If you guys agree to let me set it up, I would DEFINITELY want a second person with a lot more experience (omiller I'm looking at you 15 years is quite the track record).

Above all-- I just want to be a part of a league with integrity, and however that is accomplished is fine by me.

I would think about it if you needed a co commish. Also wouldn't be upset if someone else wanted it. Alot of the early years was all done by hand on paper. We have a unique scoring system, so I would have to go out to the box scores and do it all by hand. This was back in the mid 90's. Guess its been close to 20 years. It was long before the Kurt Warner rookie year and before I knew about Excel and VBA and such, so it even made it longer. Hell, even cost me a relationship.lol MFL has saved so much work for me and so much time it was great. The only thing that would hold me back from co commish would be medical issues, but hopefully the surgeries are behind me now and have time to invest. I think everyone here is trusted, so once you get MFL tweaked exactly how we want it(which could take time), then going forward it wouldn't be too much work.

Damn Yankee
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Damn Yankee » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Haven't read through the thread...just curious if you guys need one.
If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand - Phil Helmuth

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:12 pm

Hobbes and docjr03 have not checked into this thread. I sent them a message yesterday.
Piratez I think you should get a spot, you had a thread open already asking about dynasty league.

I wouldn't want to do a salary cap, and I have never done a FAAB but wouldn't mind trying it out.

Another thing about the startup Dynasty draft I did this year: rookies weren't allowed to be drafted until round 20 (making pick #12 pick #1 in the rookie section of the draft)

I would be a proponent of having a Injured Reserve (effectively deactivating them until next years roster cutdown date) freeing up a roster spot. I'm in a league that allows 5-- which I think is ridiculous-- I'd be on board with no more than 2 or 3.

Thoughts?
DraftSharks Dynasty League: Now Enrolling
http://www.draftsharks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52359

2013 Playoff Roster
12 Team Dynasty PPR - 6PassTD:
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex/DST/K

QB: Cam Newton
RB:Shady McCoy, Andre Ellington
WR:Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald, Cordarelle Patterson, Da'Rick Rogers
TE: Jason Witten
DST:Denver Broncos
K:Mason Crosby

soup2345
Great White

Postby soup2345 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:55 pm

I am a conformist and easy to please. $50 sounds fine to me and I have never played in a dynasty league so I will defer to what the consensus wants. Just let me know when and where to sign up and where to send my entry fee. Looking forward to this.

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:08 pm

With a 12 team 26 man roster my dynasty league is pretty deep (especially with 5 IR spots) meaning when DS puts out the "deep league" FA hits-- those guys have been rostered for weeks.

If we increased the league size we'd most certainly have to shrink the roster size.
12 * 26 = 312 players
14 * 22 = 308 players

In my dynasty now, I'd have a really hard time cutting 4 players since most of the guys there are rookies who just need a chance to shine.

2013 Playoff Roster

jakam31
Great White

Postby jakam31 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Piratez, he is right - you should definitely have a spot so if you want, you can have mine. You have had a message on the board about a startup dynasty for a few months now so I hate to see you not be in on this if you want in.

Good Luck with this gang - Looks like it is going to be a really good league. If someone drops, let me know.
Slim Roethlisberger - A Show Me Your TD's Production

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Lamar Miller, Ellington, Gio, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Devonte Freeman
WR - Damaryius, Jordy, JMatt, Charles Johnson, Quick, Toon
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

https://bestplayeravailable.wordpress.com

cowboybob
Blue Shark

Postby cowboybob » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Definitely agree Piratez should be included. The interest has picked up steam pretty quickly. I'll just throw this idea out. Maybe it's ridiculous, but it won't be the first of my ideas that fits that catagory.

Let's just keep this thread going and see what the total interest is. As quickly as we've picked up 14-15? (maybe more), I would think there might be enough for two leagues. I hate to see anyone drop out at this point if they are really interested.

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:57 pm

In my opinion the first person who should vacate a spot would be someone already in the DS Keeper league.

Jakam, you were one of the first to express interest and you've been active here in this board. I would not like to see you drop out.
That being said Hobbes and Docjr03 haven't checked in here on this board-- of those two docjr is in the keeper league.

Let's continue to work out the issues of: how many roster spots should we have, how do we want to address free agents, how do we score Team Defense, what is the buy in?

A 50$ buy in might cause a few to drop out (who knows).

I don't think starting a second dynasty league would be hard to fill either. The response was overwhelmingly positive.

Another thought maybe we could have something like a 24 team league where 12 teams work as a conference and we have duplicate players for each conference, that would most likely require two commissioners (something we have expressed interest in anyway).

2013 Playoff Roster

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:06 pm

cowboybob wrote:Definitely agree Piratez should be included. The interest has picked up steam pretty quickly. I'll just throw this idea out. Maybe it's ridiculous, but it won't be the first of my ideas that fits that catagory.

Let's just keep this thread going and see what the total interest is. As quickly as we've picked up 14-15? (maybe more), I would think there might be enough for two leagues. I hate to see anyone drop out at this point if they are really interested.

I agree. It is like the DS MFL 10's league. we got enough interest to start a 2nd league. Maybe we can get 20 or 24 people and split it up into 2 leagues. It is only December, so I am sure we might be able to get that much by next April or so and still have 4 months until the season starts to finalize any details. I agree we should start talking early, but gives us plenty of time to brainstorm.

jakam31
Great White

Postby jakam31 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Thanks Cphb - I don't necessarily disagree but I wanted to make sure he got in. Let's keep a running tally of who is in and even if we have to do 2 leagues of 10 teams then so be it. We can expand rosters if need be to make it more challenging - but one thing I want to say: A 14 team dynasty league wouldn't be for the faint of heart... You could be stuck with some really unappealing people. Hopefully we can avoid that scenario if at all possible.
Slim Roethlisberger - A Show Me Your TD's Production

RubberDucky PPR
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Lamar Miller, Ellington, Gio, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Devonte Freeman
WR - Damaryius, Jordy, JMatt, Charles Johnson, Quick, Toon
TE - Teal Julius
K - Du Jour
DEF - Du Jour

https://bestplayeravailable.wordpress.com

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:54 pm

jakam31 wrote:Thanks Cphb - I don't necessarily disagree but I wanted to make sure he got in. Let's keep a running tally of who is in and even if we have to do 2 leagues of 10 teams then so be it. We can expand rosters if need be to make it more challenging - but one thing I want to say: A 14 team dynasty league wouldn't be for the faint of heart... You could be stuck with some really unappealing people. Hopefully we can avoid that scenario if at all possible.

I was thinking that also. 14/16 team would really have some starting lineups with guys hoping to get 10yds and a TD. I would vote 2 leagues of 10 before going a 14/16 if possible. I am sure we can spark more interest. Not sure if the guys who got eliminated from the playoffs are still around here. Plus I am sure DS will have some new people next year who might want to play.

cowboybob
Blue Shark

Postby cowboybob » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:16 am

I know a few that would like to play, but I don't want them 2b a Shark. :twisted:

It's like belonging to a secret society, that if you tell anyone about it, then you have to kill them.....

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:50 am

I know a few that would like to play, but I don't want them 2b a Shark. :twisted:
It's like belonging to a secret society, that if you tell anyone about it, then you have to kill them.....

AGH! I know the feeling. I have a few friends that would love to join a dynasty league but there is NO WAY I'm asking them to join one here!!

This is getting more and more intriguing. I bet we could get 9 more players before it's all said and done, that would give us 24.

Updated interest list:
1. CPthehighboy
2. cowboybob
3. soup2345
4. jakam31
5. Broncos18
6. docjr03
7. omiller315
8. Hobbes4166
9. meanmachine
10. Poobah
11. Celow