DS Dynasty League

League announcements, invites, office pools, Vegas lines, all recreational of course.

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

cowboybob
Blue Shark

Re: DS Dynasty League

Postby cowboybob » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:00 am

cpthehighboy wrote:
I know a few that would like to play, but I don't want them 2b a Shark. :twisted:
It's like belonging to a secret society, that if you tell anyone about it, then you have to kill them.....

AGH! I know the feeling. I have a few friends that would love to join a dynasty league but there is NO WAY I'm asking them to join one here!!

This is getting more and more intriguing. I bet we could get 9 more players before it's all said and done, that would give us 24.

Updated interest list:
1. CPthehighboy
2. cowboybob
3. soup2345
4. jakam31
5. Broncos18
6. docjr03
7. omiller315
8. Hobbes4166
9. meanmachine
10. Poobah
11. Celow
12. Arsenal
13. Piratez
14. NYNY1
15. Damn Yankee

CP...just to get ahead of the curve here, I think we have a real good start. I think as we add more, you should put them on this list in the order they expressed interest. That way....if and when we get to #24....#25 is the first alternate if someone withdraws.

Piratez
Great White

Postby Piratez » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:58 pm

I would absolutely love to get 24 teams.

Have two conferences of 12 teams, broken up into 2 divisions of 6. Each conference drafting out of a separate pool of players. If we could get that rolling, that would be a league I would come back to year after year. Of course we would have to limit the trading to stay between conferences. Personally I'd want to limit it at a minimum of 12 teams. Anything less than 12 won't be fun for me. If we could get 2 sets of 12 or even 2 sets of 14 for an even greater challenge, I would love that.

I appreciate you guys expanding for me, after we get all the teams locked in, we should really go host a chat somewhere and brainstorm ideas to get rules and what not taken care of.
YARRRRGH!

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:06 pm

Piratez I'm glad you aren't interested in a 10 team conference. I've never liked ten team leagues.

I added the link back to my signature. Let's see how many more we can get.
DraftSharks Dynasty League: Now Enrolling
http://www.draftsharks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52359

2013 Playoff Roster
12 Team Dynasty PPR - 6PassTD:
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex/DST/K

QB: Cam Newton
RB:Shady McCoy, Andre Ellington
WR:Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald, Cordarelle Patterson, Da'Rick Rogers
TE: Jason Witten
DST:Denver Broncos
K:Mason Crosby

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:08 pm

CP...just to get ahead of the curve here, I think we have a real good start. I think as we add more, you should put them on this list in the order they expressed interest. That way....if and when we get to #24....#25 is the first alternate if someone withdraws.

Everyone from meanmachine on down is in Chronological order, anyone before that has been here for the long haul.
Hobbes4166 messaged me back, he's in.

2013 Playoff Roster

Broncos18
Rookie

Postby Broncos18 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:26 pm

Sounds great. I have never drafted a Dynasty team and it seems like a few others haven't either.
12 Team Standard Non-PPR
Start: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, FLEX, TE, D

QB: Newton, Prescott
RB: Crowell, Cook, Riddick, Hunt, Duke
WR: Julio, Fitz, Sanders, Moncrief, Golladay, Doctson
TE: Gronkowski, Henry
K: Dawson
D: Streaming

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:25 pm

I will check back on this in a few months. I am too pissed to be around football right now.....

atgrey
Blue Shark

Postby atgrey » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Sounds like I might not be too late to the party. I'd also be new to dynasty, but it sounds like fun. If you guys have the space, count me in.

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Thanks Broncos18 and atgrey I have you added to the list.

2013 Playoff Roster

earl714
Reef Shark

Postby earl714 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:14 pm

I would like to be in, I am in the DS keeper league, but I suck so you guys wouldn't mind me.

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Thanks earl714 we already have another keeper league member signed up. As of right now you're the edit: 18th person to want to join.

2013 Playoff Roster

Celow
Great White

Postby Celow » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm getting excited as well. A 24 team league with 2 conferences sounds awesome.
"And doing something at least once involving a waiting getaway car is the birthright of every American male." Lenny Pappano

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:17 pm

After a heart wrenching loss, I'm ready for next year.
Thanks for all the support for the new league we only need six more teams to create this multiplayer multi-conference league.

2013 Playoff Roster

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

Postby CrackedAces » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Piratez wrote:I would absolutely love to get 24 teams.

Have two conferences of 12 teams, broken up into 2 divisions of 6. Each conference drafting out of a separate pool of players. If we could get that rolling, that would be a league I would come back to year after year. Of course we would have to limit the trading to stay between conferences. Personally I'd want to limit it at a minimum of 12 teams. Anything less than 12 won't be fun for me. If we could get 2 sets of 12 or even 2 sets of 14 for an even greater challenge, I would love that.

I appreciate you guys expanding for me, after we get all the teams locked in, we should really go host a chat somewhere and brainstorm ideas to get rules and what not taken care of.

Just throwing this out there, but what if you not only broke it into two, 12-team conferences, but the drafts were conference specific. One conference only drafting NFC players, the other only drafting AFC players. It would be similar to fantasy baseball where you have NL and AL only leagues. Imagine the wrinkle (and excitment??) that would throw into things. :shock:

And then a true "Super Bowl", instead of having two teams face off that very well could have similar teams.

Just a thought.

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:23 pm

CrackedAces wrote:
Piratez wrote:I would absolutely love to get 24 teams.

Just throwing this out there, but what if you not only broke it into two, 12-team conferences, but the drafts were conference specific. One conference only drafting NFC players, the other only drafting AFC players. It would be similar to fantasy baseball where you have NL and AL only leagues. Imagine the wrinkle (and excitment??) that would throw into things. :shock:

And then a true "Super Bowl", instead of having two teams face off that very well could have similar teams.

Just a thought.

There is 16 teams per conference. Playing 2RB and 2-3WR could really have some scraps starting each week. It would certainly bring out the skill in drafting and finding hidden gems.

cpthehighboy
Reef Shark

Postby cpthehighboy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:14 am

Just a thought.

c'mon CA you know you wanna join the movement!
Just sign up already.

I personally would be opposed to the idea. What happens if a AFC player gets traded to an NFC team?
This would most likely be designed for the long haul and I see that as a wrinkle that should be addressed-- while it would showcase the skill of the drafter in year one how do you regulate this for subsequent years?

2013 Playoff Roster

Return to “Leagues/Contests/Pick 'em”