Why do I play fantasy football??

Keep your scrums, grumbling, and vents here (but be civil). Or just be happy and beat your chest!

Moderators: DS Jared, DSMarty

thechosenrob
Rookie

Why do I play fantasy football??

Postby thechosenrob » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:40 am

Just got eliminated from the playoffs in one my leagues by a score of 121.20 to 120.70. He had Graham going today and I had Hauschka. I also had Garçon who fumbled on the Redskins last possession that took away 2 points :( Is it wrong that I'm hoping for a stat correction for his team that will take away at least a point?? :D

I was 3rd in this league in overall points but lost some brutal games like above.

Anyway, it feels better letting it out. Anyone else lose a tough one?

CrackedAces
DRAFT SHARK

Re: Why do I play fantasy football??

Postby CrackedAces » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:55 am

thechosenrob wrote:Just got eliminated from the playoffs in one my leagues by a score of 121.20 to 120.70. He had Graham going today and I had Hauschka. I also had Garçon who fumbled on the Redskins last possession that took away 2 points :( Is it wrong that I'm hoping for a stat correction for his team that will take away at least a point?? :D

I was 3rd in this league in overall points but lost some brutal games like above.

Or, maybe root for a stat correction that adds a point to your team?? The exact same thing is happening in my money league. 6 Teams make the playoffs. One team loses this week 105.6 to 105.2. As it stands now, the losing team is out of the playoffs. If there is any correction in his favor that propels him to the win, he is not only in, but the 3 seed!

Hope you get an early present this year!

docjr03
DRAFT SHARK

Postby docjr03 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:05 pm

thechosenrob wrote:Just got eliminated from the playoffs in one my leagues by a score of 121.20 to 120.70. He had Graham going today and I had Hauschka. I also had Garçon who fumbled on the Redskins last possession that took away 2 points :( Is it wrong that I'm hoping for a stat correction for his team that will take away at least a point?? :D

Another argument for using VP points for playoff seeding. We use it in the DS Keeper League. Do a forum search to see how they work.
12 team, .75PPR, 1pp10 yd ru, 1pp 8yd rec
1 QB Fitzgerald
2 RB Foster, Gio, R. Bush, Hyde, Blue
2 WR Dez, Cobb, Moncrief
1 TE Rudolph, D. Allen, Cameron
1 WR/RB K. Allen
1 WR/TE K. Stills
K Bailey
Def: streaming

Damn Yankee
DRAFT SHARK

Postby Damn Yankee » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:42 pm

This is my worst year in Fantasy Football in a decade...just a frustrating year.

The old adage that you don't win FF Championships with your first round pick, but you can certainly lose them with that pick is sounding loudly in my ears right now.

League 1. - CJ Spiller
League 2. - CJ Spiller
League 3 - Doug Martin
If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand - Phil Helmuth

omiller315
DRAFT SHARK

Postby omiller315 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:07 pm

I can't remember. Did the ball hit the ground? They could change it to a Griffin INT if it was a bang/bang type play.

thechosenrob
Rookie

Postby thechosenrob » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:38 pm

omiller315 wrote:

I can't remember. Did the ball hit the ground? They could change it to a Griffin INT if it was a bang/bang type play.

That's hilarious because I went back to look at that play just to see if there was a chance they can change it to an RG3 int. Fantasy football turns me into a mad man :D

With that said, I think it will stand. As soon as he caught the ball, a defender grabbed his facemask and as soon as he looked up another defender stripped the ball. It was a bit of a bang/bang play but it should stand although my hope is that they would change it. If anything, there should have been a facemask penalty.

thechosenrob
Rookie

Postby thechosenrob » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:42 pm

docjr03 wrote:

Another argument for using VP points for playoff seeding. We use it in the DS Keeper League. Do a forum search to see how they work.

I'll check that out. In the league I run. The top 4 make it based on standings. The last 2 teams make it based on points. My buddy runs the league that I mentioned on this post and he'll be making the same change to his league for next year.

DiamondJim
Reef Shark

Postby DiamondJim » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:35 pm

"Why do I play fantasy football??"

I was asking myself that very question pretty much all season. Didn't seem to matter what I did, or how much (or little) my team would score...I lost. If I scored big, my opponent scored bigger. If my opponent scored low, I scored lower. Started out 2-1, then lost 8 straight. Finally won one, then lost the regular-season finale. Been playing this game for 22 years, this was without a doubt my worst season.

However...

I still managed to secure a wildcard berth based on total points, plus a combination of the right teams winning, the right teams losing, Jimmy Graham cancelling out Drew Brees, "Drew Brees" cancelling out Drew Brees, and Garrett Hartley pulling a disappearing act. Ended up securing the last wildcard spot by 0.9 points.

That's my story...
QB Wilson, Prescott
RB D. Johnson, Gore, D. Booker, D. Williams, Collins
WR Cooper, Hilton, Wallace, R. Matthews, Inman, Lee
TE Gates, Ebron, Kendricks
K Hauschka
DT Vikings

Drafted
via trade

Local Re-Draft, 12-Team, Performance/TD/PPR Scoring, Start 1/2/3/1/1/1, No Flex

Kalaby
Reef Shark

Postby Kalaby » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:10 am

DiamondJim wrote:"Why do I play fantasy football??"

I was asking myself that very question pretty much all season. Didn't seem to matter what I did, or how much (or little) my team would score...I lost. If I scored big, my opponent scored bigger. If my opponent scored low, I scored lower. Started out 2-1, then lost 8 straight. Finally won one, then lost the regular-season finale. Been playing this game for 22 years, this was without a doubt my worst season.

However...

I still managed to secure a wildcard berth based on total points, plus a combination of the right teams winning, the right teams losing, Jimmy Graham cancelling out Drew Brees, "Drew Brees" cancelling out Drew Brees, and Garrett Hartley pulling a disappearing act. Ended up securing the last wildcard spot by 0.9 points.

That's my story...

You're 3-10 and in the playoffs :?
8 man league - redraft
1 pt - 10yds rush/receive, 1 pt- 20yds passing, -1 for every INT
All TDs under 10 yds = 7 points, maxing out at 14 points for 50+ yard TDs

Mr Cowboy
Tiger Shark

Postby Mr Cowboy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:22 pm

3-10 in the playoffs ? ..Sorry you don't belong there in the first place.. You must have been playing a real high seed too..
Fantasy Sports Writer: TheFantasyFix.com

Cancer Survivor. Live each day like its your last ! God Bless...

DiamondJim
Reef Shark

Postby DiamondJim » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:56 pm

First off, our league puts a premium on scoring points. Despite some injuries I still racked up quite a few points. The injuries kept me from scoring enough to win the games.

Ended up with the 7th seed in the playoffs, facing the #2 seed in the quarter-finals, re re-match with the team I played last week. They hung 202 points on me, the highest score in our league's history.

And I won this week...144-132.

On to the semi's...
QB Wilson, Prescott
K Hauschka
DT Vikings

Drafted
via trade

DiamondJim
Reef Shark

Postby DiamondJim » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:09 am

Squared off against the #3 seed in Week 15 Semi-Finals...scored 163.4 points this week = WINNER

On to the Championship Round vs. #1 seed...
QB Wilson, Prescott
K Hauschka
DT Vikings

Drafted
via trade

Return to “*Mad* or *Glad* Thread”